28. Mär 2024, 19:56 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Concerning Eomer  (Gelesen 14185 mal)

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
Concerning Eomer
« am: 19. Jan 2016, 23:38 »
Greetings people of the Edain

I'd like to propose a different role for Eomer, as he is one of my fav characters in the story of lotr, but most importantly because I think that he is lacking his role as given to us by J.R.R Tolkien (you people are doing a fine job keeping close to the lore so I hope we can see eye to eye in that topic), he was one of the best warriors of his time in Middle- Earth second only to Aragorn.
So I whould much like to see him as a mass slayer (I think that Rohan has not got an effective mass slayer so Eomer whould fit in for the role) and a good hero killer, although Eowyn is here for Rohan, so maybe the latter should be just a secondary role for him...
His spear ability must be buffed destroying enemy heroes and either stunning units around the attacked hero, or doing some damage to them escalading respectively with his levels.
Instead of the spike with the uruk head what about having a slayer ability which will be granting him some defense power and a great amount of attack power and attack speed?
His lvl 10 ability should be either a more powerfull version of what it is already, or a banner summoned on the battlefield giving him and his allies in a moderate radius around the banner the buffs (not as strong but enough to turn the tide of a close battle) of his slayer ability (this won't stack with the slayer)
The mount/dismount ability and his leadership are just fine
Any form of improvement in my suggestion whould help, go easy on me (1st post)

ringbearer

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Re: Concerning Eomer
« Antwort #1 am: 19. Jan 2016, 23:59 »
Welcome Saeros.

Well, Eomer's role is indeed a mass slayer, but almost everyone can agree that he is the weakest mass slayer in the game right now.
Back to your post. I have to say that i don't find you proposals about him as a secondary hero killer very good. IMO, i would like to see change in power of his spear throw as he levels up and some visual change in his last ability ( murin + elrond have the same mechanism and visual aswell).

PS. About a buff to his attack and speed, theodred has similar ability and i fell that he deserves it more ( lore-wise)

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #2 am: 20. Jan 2016, 07:24 »
Is Eomer your favourite character because of the movies or from reading the books? If so, could you quote some specific or iconic book scenes that could be used for mass slayer abilities?

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #3 am: 20. Jan 2016, 11:05 »
@rinbearer,
if I understood correctly you agree with me about the spear throw, but not about the slayer ability?
What about the banner suggestion I made for his lvl 10 ability?
Also I have to agree with you about Eomer being weak so that is the reason I made these proposals.
I think Rohan needs a powerful hero except Theoden while he has the ring, otherwise Rohan has decent all around heroes but none too good or feared (like Aragorn, Saruman, Celeborn etc)
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Jan 2016, 11:17 von Saeros »

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #4 am: 20. Jan 2016, 11:16 »
@admin
Eomer is my favourite character basically from both the books and the movies.
I like Carl Urban's acting very much in almost every movie I have seen him, but in the books Eomer is shown as a great leader and a powerful warrior.
I haven't read the books in a long time, but if I recall correctly it is said that his fighting abilities were bested only by Aragorn, he is able to kill all alone one of the best uruk- hai fighters, Ugluk (that is why I would like to see him having slayer or something of the like) and in the Battle of the Pellenor fields after his uncle death and his sister potential doom "a cold fury" caught him that affected all those around him and made a great attack against the lines of the Easterlings holding the banner of Rohan and killing almost everyone with the aid of his followers (that is why I wanted to see the lvl 10 ability with the banner)

P.S I hope I am correct in my sayings cause as I told you I haven't read the books in a long time

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #5 am: 20. Jan 2016, 12:00 »
The  banner ability could use the same mechanics as tom, bert and bill's treasure throve. Where Eomer and the Rohan units have mighty powers by the banner but will get a temp debuff if the banner is destroyed.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

ringbearer

« Antwort #6 am: 20. Jan 2016, 13:22 »
I partially agree with your spear suggestion. What I have in mind is that, for example, his spear throw at lvl1 would kill 2-3 mordor orcs, at lvl3 4-5 orcs and so on till lvl10. Eowyn has a spear throw that deals especially with heroes. :)

About this banner idea. It's not bad. Although i think that buffing only his attak speed or damage is not necessary. Don't know if it's possible but what if he gets an AoE attack when he is in radius of the banner, and the banner would be invisible to enemy? Again, i don't know if it's possible to code but it would be unique for him.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #7 am: 20. Jan 2016, 15:37 »
I've just read some days ago the chapter of the Battle of the Pelennor Fields, and therefore I can confirm what Saeros said. Also, I really like it's banner carrier idea, it sounds fitting and could be also a nice way to improve Rohan's Late Game^^

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #8 am: 20. Jan 2016, 16:51 »
Well I hope the the moders will read this and see what can and cannot be done.
Thanks for the attention and your opinions guys!

Delta

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #9 am: 1. Apr 2016, 12:49 »
@admin
Eomer is my favourite character basically from both the books and the movies.
I like Carl Urban's acting very much in almost every movie I have seen him, but in the books Eomer is shown as a great leader and a powerful warrior.
I haven't read the books in a long time, but if I recall correctly it is said that his fighting abilities were bested only by Aragorn, he is able to kill all alone one of the best uruk- hai fighters, Ugluk (that is why I would like to see him having slayer or something of the like) and in the Battle of the Pellenor fields after his uncle death and his sister potential doom "a cold fury" caught him that affected all those around him and made a great attack against the lines of the Easterlings holding the banner of Rohan and killing almost everyone with the aid of his followers (that is why I wanted to see the lvl 10 ability with the banner)

P.S I hope I am correct in my sayings cause as I told you I haven't read the books in a long time

How about at level 10, a temporary summon of a battalion of Rohan Banner Carriers, the Battalion provides an attack speed bonus to Eomer and all surrounding troops?

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #10 am: 2. Apr 2016, 10:07 »
To be honest I was waiting for the next version of the mod before returning to this post.
But I continue to believe that Eomer is lacking his actual Tolkien role.
In the mod (sadly) Eomer is based on what the BFME franchise suggested for his role, that is a mediocre hero. A bad fighter and an offensive support, with no durability.
What he was in the books is entirely different:
The greatest fighter in Rohan, a great leader for his people, a man of duty who loves his country and an inspiration for all those that follow him.
That is why I want him changed, to find him the role that he deserves and to fill the hole of the Rohan heroes, there is no one who can decide any battle especially in the late game.
I will propose an overhaul for Eomer in the coming days, deciding what are the best abilities for him..

To answer your post, your idea is good (obviously) but I think that it would be best for a summonable banner, which gives to all allied units a boost rather than a battalion. I think that your idea is very similar to Theoden's rider, but I'd like to see something more unique for Eomer.

kreso

• Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
« Antwort #11 am: 2. Apr 2016, 11:39 »
Hello,
I agree with You Saeros, Eomer  need some changes, but

1. His spear need some aoe radius, simply coz he is mass slayer.

2. Passive is fine, lore wise

3. I think his 10 lvl ability is litle bit wierd, coz Eomer isnt wizard to summon line of Rohirrim, from where came that horses?! Basically I think all summoning spells or heros skills are wierd. It is fine to call help, but they most summon on edge of map, like kazad dum veterans. If units arent permanent, than buff thier time.

So i suggest for Eomer 10lvl ability, would be leadership, trample dmg and traple speed buffing. Rohan with trample have mass slayer, best in game.

I know this is global idea, for summoning, but that is a thread for itself.

Best regards!!!!
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #12 am: 5. Apr 2016, 15:04 »
I've tested Eomer with the new patch and although he has not been changed, the rest of Rohan being tweaked hides some of his weaknesses.
But he still is not as Tolkien introduced him to us through his books.
So here are my suggestions once more:

Lvl 1: Mount/Dismount -> as it is. Maybe change the name to Firefoot?

Lvl 1: Piercing Spear -> Instead of targeting a unit the spear should be thrown to the ground.
It can fly a great distance and pierces any unit it comes across killing it and throwing the surrounding units in the air.
When it hits a monster unit the spear will stop and cut the monster's health in half.
When the spear hits a hero the damage done to him will be moderate but it will stun all allied units to the hero in a wide radius.
These effects will become more powerfull according to Eomer's levels. (3,6,9 respectively)
Lastly the spear's speed should be greater.

Lvl 3: Leader of the Exiles -> as it is.

Lvl 5: Memorial -> Although it's a nice adaptation from the movies and it has some usefulness it has a small range (in order to be activated and it's too slow). This ability should either be changed in order to happen more quickly, or changed as

Lvl 6: Gúthwinë (active) -> Eomer's the greatest fighter in Middle- Earth second only to Aragorn, he wields the great sword Gúthwinë, in its sight the enemy units cower and lose all leadership bonuses and 30% armor and damage, while Eomer recieves those amounts to his own stats.
Thus the supporting role of Eomer still stands, and the lore is followed more strictly showing what his abilities actually were.

Lvl 10: King's Cold Fury: Eomer leads his troops to battle waving his banner through the air, all allied units in a wide radius gain attack damage, recieve a great amount of armor, while Rohan's cavalry gain trample damage and moderate protection from spears.

I think that is what Tolkien had in mind for Eomer, and these suggestions will aid Rohan to have a great hero, whom it lacks very badly and thus to get a way to turn the tide to its favor.

Let's make this possible people!!  xD
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Apr 2016, 10:15 von Saeros »

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #13 am: 6. Apr 2016, 08:55 »
Saeros, that version of Eomer would be absurdly overpowered. He is meant to be a mass slayer, not a mass slaying unit supporting hero and monster killer  [uglybunti]
I think his spear should get a simple AoE effect, something similar to Gimli's leap, and I have a small suggestion for his level 10. Instead of summoning units to charge in a straight line, why not have say 10 Rohirrim charge out from around Eomer, similarly to Drauglin's Crescent Blades, dealing heavy trample damage to all enemies in their path?
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #14 am: 6. Apr 2016, 10:13 »
Well I think that there are several heroes that are pretty OP. (Zaphragor, Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli)
My version of Eomer is what I have in mind for him, but obviously my suggestion could be improved.
I thought that his spear was meant to deal heavy damage to monsters and to units that's why I made this proposal, also it already has an AoE which does not make much difference.
He already is a supporting hero and a mass slayer at the time so I suppose that by buffing his abilities won't change him much to an overpowered unit, besides Rohan lacks any other strong heroes, while other factions have 2 or 3 very strong heroes.
Also I think that we will both agree that he is the least effective mass slayer in the game.
Lastly I will disagree to your lvl 10 ability, not because it is not good, it is much better than the one that he has now, but because he must be mounted to use it and secondly because it is a little wierd for rohirrim to just burst out of the ground and then disappear!
Also the banner idea comes straight out of the books, something that is not taken under consideration for giving Eomer his actual role.

Rhacius

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #15 am: 6. Apr 2016, 11:29 »
i like the way he is now, great in combination with almost any other rohan hero and extremly cost effective

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #16 am: 6. Apr 2016, 13:47 »
I personally like the way Eomer is now.  All of his abilities are pretty good, and for his price, I'd say he does good enough at his role. 

The only ability I wouldn't mind a change for is his last Ability(whose name I forget). This is because it is pretty generic and doesn't really fit Eomer as a character in my opinion (Well I guess it kinda does, but I personally think it could be better).  But I also don't like the suggestions that were posted here.  King's Cold Fury not only doesn't fit his role, but seems way too powerful, and the one Elite KryPtik suggested is a bit generic like his current one, and also, Rohirrim running out of Eomer at random doesn't really make sense in my eyes.  Rohirrim seem a lot more organized then that (at least in the films, I don't remember a time where they don't form a line before they charge).

I would like to see an ability that represents how Eomer and the other Exiles ambushed Ugluk's group in the films.  Maybe 2 lines of Rohirrim charge, one from the left side, one from the right side, and trample enemies, while every enemy nearby will flee like they try to do in the film.  I think that would fit him a lot better.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: 6. Apr 2016, 17:20 »
Zitat
Lvl 1: Piercing Spear -> Instead of targeting a unit the spear should be thrown to the ground.
It can fly a great distance and pierc
Thats not possible. The piercingly system works only with the current functions.

kreso

« Antwort #18 am: 6. Apr 2016, 18:23 »
Hi !!

Spear have already small aoe dmg, that should be buffed too, now when monster are more healthy, Eomer neeed 3-4 spears to kill Mordor troll, so buff his aoe i think would be nice.

Suggestion for lvl 10 ability is: "Eomer's Eored"

Eomer promotes one battalion of Royal Vanguard or Exiles to "Eomer's Eored"
They get full upgraded (Horseman Shields, h armor, f blades and banner carrier) and bonus 30% tremple dmg (only tremple not basic attacks, if that is possible), 40% less slow on tremple + 20% speed bonus. They are not affected by Breeding horses.
Visually they can be Rohirrim without green cloak but helmets and shileds like Royalguards. Also name changed into Eomer's Eored. They are already limited to 3 battalions. I think it is nice idea, but variations on this should be more likely (bonus difrent, like 20%dmg on tremple, 30% less slow on trample, and 10%speed bonus, or all bonus scale with lvls)

Best regards
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #19 am: 7. Apr 2016, 14:07 »
If  eomer should be a mass slayer he needs a great rework, because right now he is a really powerfull support with really good abilities. I would say stop calling him mass slayer and name him how we should: Unit supporter with Hero killer aspect. He is as hero killer as Murin. Both heros have nothing to deal with big mass of enemies.
Corrupted Hamma is more effective killling lot of enemies I would promote him to get the role of Tank/Mass slayer xD

If you want Eomer to be a Mass slayer then bye to his passive, and bye to his fear.

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #20 am: 7. Apr 2016, 14:58 »
Zitat
If  eomer should be a mass slayer he needs a great rework

@Draco100000_I agree with you that's why I want him changed, as most people here say that Eomer is a mass- slayer and that is what he actually was in the books. I wouldn't like to see his passive gone because it stands for what he was made to do in order to survive because of Grima's spell influence on Theoden. Concerning the Memorial (lvl 5 ability), I would prefer something else (like the lvl 6 ability I proposed, or kreso's "Eomer's Eored").

Zitat
Suggestion for lvl 10 ability is: "Eomer's Eored"

@kreso_I like your idea but this restricts Eomer as only a supporting unit not a mass- slayer, but I'm sure it can find its way in the abilities Eomer could have (e.g Memorial).

Zitat
Thats not possible. The piercingly system works only with the current functions.

@Ealendril_I'm sure that even if not possible to target the ground, the rest of the mechanism I proposed can be inserted in the spear ability.

Zitat
great in combination with almost any other rohan hero and extremly cost effective

@Rhacius_I don't disagree with this, but as I have stated earlier in the post Eomer should not be just a decent hero, but something better, as there are many heroes in the game, which I say again Rohan lacks big time. And not only for this, but to insert something of the lore for him and for Rohan something that the mod has achieved with success concernig the rest of the factions (as much as possible).

Zitat
King's Cold Fury not only doesn't fit his role, but seems way too powerful

@Hamanathnath_The idea derives straight from the third book, and the exact role Eomer had in the Tolkien world...
Even if it seems "way too powerful" it can be tweaked in a way, that won't make the ability too OP.

In any way I think that Rohan's problem still remains as the absence of a great hero, that other factions have (some not only one). Secondly Eomer's role is not reffered as it should be in the mod because it just follows the wrong path of EA, that is because there was Aragorn and Gandalf in BFME2 and the three hunters in BFME1 that the player could use, so then it was reasonable. In Edain while there are factions with heroes costing 2k to 3k who are value for money, Rohan's best hero costs 1.6 k and can't offer much (compared to the respective best heroes).
My proposal will obviously increase Eomer's cost to 2.5k just because he will be that strong.

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #21 am: 10. Apr 2016, 20:07 »
Haven't read previous suggestion of this thread, just mention one possible design for Eomer's final power.
Charge of exile: Eomer summon four valiant exiled rohirrim knights(slave units)around him, together they would trample all units in their way including cavalvy and monster,just like power of valar in lorien faction
With "Glorious Charge"(I mean Theoden's final power) enacted, Eomer also temporarily get a leadership that enables cavalvy  units around him to trample all enemy units.

Delta

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #22 am: 12. Apr 2016, 13:40 »
As somebody referenced earlier, that he and his companions slain many orcs

I think the level 10 should be simple but effective

5 Second Stun to all nearby enemies
+50% Attack speed to Eomer and all nearby units

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #23 am: 12. Apr 2016, 13:41 »
Attack speed buffs only work for ranged units. Therefore this doesn't work.

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #24 am: 12. Apr 2016, 16:51 »

Are you 100% sure? I think movement speed increase also attack speed. I find attacking more often my Ironhills heros when Thorin Stonehelm is near.. But maybe it is just my imagination xD

Delta

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #25 am: 12. Apr 2016, 17:22 »

I never knew this, can it be changed?

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #26 am: 13. Apr 2016, 12:28 »
Zitat
Are you 100% sure? I think movement speed increase also attack speed. I find attacking more often my Ironhills heros when Thorin Stonehelm is near.. But maybe it is just my imagination xD
Probably your imagination - i'm not 100% sure, but 99%.

Zitat
I never knew this, can it be changed?
Not it can't. It is possible through some other systems, but that's really difficult and can cause other problems. That's why it doesn't work.^^

kreso

« Antwort #27 am: 13. Apr 2016, 16:59 »
Guys, why we need attack speed for horses? They have tremple, 70%(or more) dmg they dealt is with tremple, so attack speed is useless, anyway gnomi said isnt possible to give attack speed to meele units.

Only reason why we need mass slay is to counter spam cheap units, like mordor orcs, peasnts, gondor soldiers... With horses u can tremple them, and kill instantly. So i prefer my ide for promoting Exiles or Royal Vanguard to Eomers Eored. That units is buffed, can easly find enemys archer with moment speed bonus (20+ %). Bonus tremple dmg and less tremple slows, u most buff them because it is 10lvl ability from 2. most expensive hero. Buffs should include Eomer.

Lille Rambo

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #28 am: 15. Apr 2016, 16:22 »
Rank 1: Firefoot/Mount
Rank 2: Guthwine (passive)
AOE knock back, like boromir
Rank 4: Leader of the Exiles (passive)
as it is
Rank 7: Blademaster
50% damage and 20% armor (a weaker version of Aragorn's blademaster)
Rank 10: Not sure on the level 10 ability, but for all of the previous suggestions i like the "King's cold fury" the most. Though i think it needs to be tweaked so it is not super overpowered. One thing that is possible, is to remove the cavalery trample buff and the armor against spear buff, these are implemented in Theoden's kit and are not necessary for Eomer. I do think it is better to give Eomer a fear ability, refering to the movies where he scares the **** out of the orcs.

Alternatively:

A passive ability, depending on how many of your heroes (and who) you have out on the battlefield. This would be a Rank 1 ability making blademaster the rank 10 ability. which i deem alright.
Rank 1: Brothers in arms:
Eomer gets a buff for each Rohan hero that is on the battlefield.
Eowyn: 20% damage to heroes
Theoden: Knock back resistens
Theodred: 20% armor
Hama: 50% Health regenaration
Gamling: 10% movementspeed

Obviously the stats would be made around Aragorn's and the price would raise to 2500/2600
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Apr 2016, 16:25 von Lille Rambo »

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #29 am: 16. Apr 2016, 09:10 »
At last someone who sees eye to eye with me!!  xD
I could live with Lille Rambo's suggestion.

kreso

« Antwort #30 am: 16. Apr 2016, 13:33 »
Hello all,
Lille Rambo and Saeros, You gave me nice idea. I tryed combined all our suggestions in one, I think this is  lore-wise and balanced idea. What do you think about this?!

Lvl 1. ability: Firefoot/"Bring me my horse" , While Eomer is on horse he have spear only. While Eomer is on foot he get shield and spear(Bonus %20 armor). (until on lvl 5. he get sword instead spear). Cooldown 1min.
Sound is already in game.

Lvl 1. ability: Piercing Spear , same as now in patch 3.1.

Lvl 3. ability:Leader of Exile , Passive aura for Exiles or Royal Vanguards: Gain resources for each killed enemy and gain extra (x1,5) experience.

Lvl 10. ability: "King's cold fury" , Eomer encourage best Rohan fighters to give thier last for King Theoden. Passive: Eomer fear enemy. Active: Hama, Gamling, Theodred get basic attacks aoe, for 2 closest enemy.
(U can put in voice like from Two Towers, Gandalf: " Theoden King stands alone" , Eomer: " Not alone, Rohirrim!!!")

While he is Firefoot he get this ability set.

Lvl 5. ability: Gúthwinë, Passive: He get Gúthwinë instead of spear and he get Area of effect damage like 2 units. Active: He gets 30% attack speed. The sword slew many orcs in its time, especially Uruks of Isengard, and earned a large reputation as the sword of Rohan. Fit in mass slayer. And isnt op, You have Dwalin 1. lvl that ability. Mollock even bigger aoe dmg.

Lvl 7. ability: Memorial, Active: Reducing enemy units armor for 30%.
(Reason why put this skill on Firefoot, because Eomer cant take that head of enemy and put in ground while he is on horse )

While he is Mount he get this ability set.

Lvl 5. ability
: Ride of Exiles , Active, he select one Battalion of Exiles, They get 20% bonus tremple dmg, 40% less slow on tremple and taking 50% of all dmg for 15 seconds. Different version but litle bit weaker of his now lvl 10. ability.

Lvl 7. ability: Eomer's Eored , Active: He promote one battalion of Exiles or Royal Vanguard and they get full upgraded and bonus 25% movement speed .
Passive: Eomer bonus 25% movement speed. (only on horse)
(You can put sound from Return of the King. Theoden: " Eomer, Take your Eored...")

In the end he should cost 2300-1900. Stats: base dmg 250 (from 350), Health: 4000 (from 4500). Because he is now (+ Theoden Buff) like hero killer. I know this require a lot of work, but Eomer and Rohan need him buffed. Every Faction have 2 heros 2500 cost or more, and they are leader of thier factions, Rohan needs one like that.

Best regards. I hope You will like this!
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Apr 2016, 14:26 von kreso »

Lille Rambo

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #31 am: 16. Apr 2016, 23:57 »
First of all interesting idea giving him two sets of abilities, one dismounted and one mounted. Though it might be hard to fill out both sets with fitting abilities. You made a good support hero with hero killer aspects, but as far as I know, we are trying to make a kit for Eomer as a mass slayer, and most of your abilities does not fit with that description. I would argue that the spearthrow are iconic, but does not really forfill its job as a multi killing ability. So I think it is better to switch it out for an passive that enables Eomer to knock back enemies (aoe attacks). Making mount/dismount be on a one minute cooldown would just be annoying. Lastly I can see your version of "King's cold fury" work. The mounted abilities are out of place, the lvl.7 "memorial", lvl 5 "riders of exiles" and lvl 7 "Eomer's eored" does not fit a mass slayer.

kreso

« Antwort #32 am: 17. Apr 2016, 02:31 »
Mass slayer?? What means mass slayer, killing large group of units in short time. So buffing tremple dmg temporary for horses isnt mass slay? Giving aoe dmg to heroes isnt mass slay? They wouldnt get dmg, to become hero killers, or attack speed. Just small aoe dmg radius. Memorial + Eomers Eored, are more lore wise abilitys. But both of that skill also buffering mass slay effects. You can make hero with only one type ability, look Boromir, hes 10lvl ability? that is tank. Or maybe Bofurs pickaxe, that is mass slayers ability? So litle bit unit support, but only for horses, that is not too op and dont have huge impact.

Eomer now is hero killer, I said that in my post, so base dmg nerfed.

1 min  cooldown is here because of spaming skills, and You most choose wisely and predict what skills you will need.

I think Edain Team will understand why I suggest this abilitys for Eomer.