28. Mär 2024, 19:26 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Concerning Eomer  (Gelesen 14184 mal)

Rhacius

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Concerning Eomer
« Antwort #15 am: 6. Apr 2016, 11:29 »
i like the way he is now, great in combination with almost any other rohan hero and extremly cost effective

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #16 am: 6. Apr 2016, 13:47 »
I personally like the way Eomer is now.  All of his abilities are pretty good, and for his price, I'd say he does good enough at his role. 

The only ability I wouldn't mind a change for is his last Ability(whose name I forget). This is because it is pretty generic and doesn't really fit Eomer as a character in my opinion (Well I guess it kinda does, but I personally think it could be better).  But I also don't like the suggestions that were posted here.  King's Cold Fury not only doesn't fit his role, but seems way too powerful, and the one Elite KryPtik suggested is a bit generic like his current one, and also, Rohirrim running out of Eomer at random doesn't really make sense in my eyes.  Rohirrim seem a lot more organized then that (at least in the films, I don't remember a time where they don't form a line before they charge).

I would like to see an ability that represents how Eomer and the other Exiles ambushed Ugluk's group in the films.  Maybe 2 lines of Rohirrim charge, one from the left side, one from the right side, and trample enemies, while every enemy nearby will flee like they try to do in the film.  I think that would fit him a lot better.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: 6. Apr 2016, 17:20 »
Zitat
Lvl 1: Piercing Spear -> Instead of targeting a unit the spear should be thrown to the ground.
It can fly a great distance and pierc
Thats not possible. The piercingly system works only with the current functions.

kreso

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
« Antwort #18 am: 6. Apr 2016, 18:23 »
Hi !!

Spear have already small aoe dmg, that should be buffed too, now when monster are more healthy, Eomer neeed 3-4 spears to kill Mordor troll, so buff his aoe i think would be nice.

Suggestion for lvl 10 ability is: "Eomer's Eored"

Eomer promotes one battalion of Royal Vanguard or Exiles to "Eomer's Eored"
They get full upgraded (Horseman Shields, h armor, f blades and banner carrier) and bonus 30% tremple dmg (only tremple not basic attacks, if that is possible), 40% less slow on tremple + 20% speed bonus. They are not affected by Breeding horses.
Visually they can be Rohirrim without green cloak but helmets and shileds like Royalguards. Also name changed into Eomer's Eored. They are already limited to 3 battalions. I think it is nice idea, but variations on this should be more likely (bonus difrent, like 20%dmg on tremple, 30% less slow on trample, and 10%speed bonus, or all bonus scale with lvls)

Best regards
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #19 am: 7. Apr 2016, 14:07 »
If  eomer should be a mass slayer he needs a great rework, because right now he is a really powerfull support with really good abilities. I would say stop calling him mass slayer and name him how we should: Unit supporter with Hero killer aspect. He is as hero killer as Murin. Both heros have nothing to deal with big mass of enemies.
Corrupted Hamma is more effective killling lot of enemies I would promote him to get the role of Tank/Mass slayer xD

If you want Eomer to be a Mass slayer then bye to his passive, and bye to his fear.

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #20 am: 7. Apr 2016, 14:58 »
Zitat
If  eomer should be a mass slayer he needs a great rework

@Draco100000_I agree with you that's why I want him changed, as most people here say that Eomer is a mass- slayer and that is what he actually was in the books. I wouldn't like to see his passive gone because it stands for what he was made to do in order to survive because of Grima's spell influence on Theoden. Concerning the Memorial (lvl 5 ability), I would prefer something else (like the lvl 6 ability I proposed, or kreso's "Eomer's Eored").

Zitat
Suggestion for lvl 10 ability is: "Eomer's Eored"

@kreso_I like your idea but this restricts Eomer as only a supporting unit not a mass- slayer, but I'm sure it can find its way in the abilities Eomer could have (e.g Memorial).

Zitat
Lvl 1: Piercing Spear -> Instead of targeting a unit the spear should be thrown to the ground.
Thats not possible. The piercingly system works only with the current functions.

@Ealendril_I'm sure that even if not possible to target the ground, the rest of the mechanism I proposed can be inserted in the spear ability.

Zitat
great in combination with almost any other rohan hero and extremly cost effective

@Rhacius_I don't disagree with this, but as I have stated earlier in the post Eomer should not be just a decent hero, but something better, as there are many heroes in the game, which I say again Rohan lacks big time. And not only for this, but to insert something of the lore for him and for Rohan something that the mod has achieved with success concernig the rest of the factions (as much as possible).

Zitat
King's Cold Fury not only doesn't fit his role, but seems way too powerful

@Hamanathnath_The idea derives straight from the third book, and the exact role Eomer had in the Tolkien world...
Even if it seems "way too powerful" it can be tweaked in a way, that won't make the ability too OP.

In any way I think that Rohan's problem still remains as the absence of a great hero, that other factions have (some not only one). Secondly Eomer's role is not reffered as it should be in the mod because it just follows the wrong path of EA, that is because there was Aragorn and Gandalf in BFME2 and the three hunters in BFME1 that the player could use, so then it was reasonable. In Edain while there are factions with heroes costing 2k to 3k who are value for money, Rohan's best hero costs 1.6 k and can't offer much (compared to the respective best heroes).
My proposal will obviously increase Eomer's cost to 2.5k just because he will be that strong.

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #21 am: 10. Apr 2016, 20:07 »
Haven't read previous suggestion of this thread, just mention one possible design for Eomer's final power.
Charge of exile: Eomer summon four valiant exiled rohirrim knights(slave units)around him, together they would trample all units in their way including cavalvy and monster,just like power of valar in lorien faction
With "Glorious Charge"(I mean Theoden's final power) enacted, Eomer also temporarily get a leadership that enables cavalvy  units around him to trample all enemy units.

Delta

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #22 am: 12. Apr 2016, 13:40 »
As somebody referenced earlier, that he and his companions slain many orcs

I think the level 10 should be simple but effective

5 Second Stun to all nearby enemies
+50% Attack speed to Eomer and all nearby units

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #23 am: 12. Apr 2016, 13:41 »
Attack speed buffs only work for ranged units. Therefore this doesn't work.

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #24 am: 12. Apr 2016, 16:51 »

Are you 100% sure? I think movement speed increase also attack speed. I find attacking more often my Ironhills heros when Thorin Stonehelm is near.. But maybe it is just my imagination xD

Delta

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #25 am: 12. Apr 2016, 17:22 »

I never knew this, can it be changed?

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #26 am: 13. Apr 2016, 12:28 »
Zitat
Are you 100% sure? I think movement speed increase also attack speed. I find attacking more often my Ironhills heros when Thorin Stonehelm is near.. But maybe it is just my imagination xD
Probably your imagination - i'm not 100% sure, but 99%.

Zitat
I never knew this, can it be changed?
Not it can't. It is possible through some other systems, but that's really difficult and can cause other problems. That's why it doesn't work.^^

kreso

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
« Antwort #27 am: 13. Apr 2016, 16:59 »
Guys, why we need attack speed for horses? They have tremple, 70%(or more) dmg they dealt is with tremple, so attack speed is useless, anyway gnomi said isnt possible to give attack speed to meele units.

Only reason why we need mass slay is to counter spam cheap units, like mordor orcs, peasnts, gondor soldiers... With horses u can tremple them, and kill instantly. So i prefer my ide for promoting Exiles or Royal Vanguard to Eomers Eored. That units is buffed, can easly find enemys archer with moment speed bonus (20+ %). Bonus tremple dmg and less tremple slows, u most buff them because it is 10lvl ability from 2. most expensive hero. Buffs should include Eomer.
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

Lille Rambo

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #28 am: 15. Apr 2016, 16:22 »
Rank 1: Firefoot/Mount
Rank 2: Guthwine (passive)
AOE knock back, like boromir
Rank 4: Leader of the Exiles (passive)
as it is
Rank 7: Blademaster
50% damage and 20% armor (a weaker version of Aragorn's blademaster)
Rank 10: Not sure on the level 10 ability, but for all of the previous suggestions i like the "King's cold fury" the most. Though i think it needs to be tweaked so it is not super overpowered. One thing that is possible, is to remove the cavalery trample buff and the armor against spear buff, these are implemented in Theoden's kit and are not necessary for Eomer. I do think it is better to give Eomer a fear ability, refering to the movies where he scares the **** out of the orcs.

Alternatively:

A passive ability, depending on how many of your heroes (and who) you have out on the battlefield. This would be a Rank 1 ability making blademaster the rank 10 ability. which i deem alright.
Rank 1: Brothers in arms:
Eomer gets a buff for each Rohan hero that is on the battlefield.
Eowyn: 20% damage to heroes
Theoden: Knock back resistens
Theodred: 20% armor
Hama: 50% Health regenaration
Gamling: 10% movementspeed

Obviously the stats would be made around Aragorn's and the price would raise to 2500/2600
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Apr 2016, 16:25 von Lille Rambo »

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #29 am: 16. Apr 2016, 09:10 »
At last someone who sees eye to eye with me!!  xD
I could live with Lille Rambo's suggestion.