24. Apr 2024, 08:08 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New factions concept  (Gelesen 2390 mal)

Skeetles

• Hobbit
New factions concept
« am: 20. Jan 2016, 18:26 »
I tossed it around on the moddb comments section but figured it may get some more interest if maybe I tried suggesting stuff here instead.

"Just pitching thoughts, but I was thinking about the way the dwarven faction works as when you start the game, you select a different sub-faction, and that could possibly be used for the remaining two after Imladris/Gobbos are finished in the main mod.
As for the brand new factions? Men of the east, with Harad and Rhun being the main sub-factions to select with khandish being a large buildplot option,
the other two maybe being anduin vale/rhovanion maybe.
As I said, just thought of it, and I have no idea if that would definitely work, and the anduin vale/rhovanion is mostly wishful thinking since I just finished a LOTR TW play with both respectively, though a beorning/woodsman faction would be a bit interesting if mostly ad-hoc with characters like Angmar is, likely the same with rhovanion."

Please share your thoughts, I don't know if this type of thing has been suggested.
I'm mostly one to like the idea since if used for 'Evil men' or 'Men of the east' it could still support sub factions, and additionally leaves a slot for a whole new faction too.

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: New factions concept
« Antwort #1 am: 20. Jan 2016, 20:56 »

I've never played the game before 4.0 (I hated the BFME2 logic) so I have no idea..

This idea IMO is a must... I have thought of it for too long and I suppose that the Easterlings should be given their chance, since they are presented in both the books and the movies, what about the corsairs being their subfaction?

For the rest of your post I don't know how the factions will have depth and numerous troops to be presented because of the absence of their presentation in both the movies and the books, (especially in the movies)
Do you have any ideas concerning heroes, powers etc?

Last but not least, what would you say about a dunlending faction?

Skeetles

• Hobbit
« Antwort #2 am: 20. Jan 2016, 22:43 »
Really as far any extra factions go besides evil men I'd be happy with whatever else (if anything) the Edain team comes up with, if they decide to splice two in one in lieu of the dwarven mechanic.

I simply brought up the woodsmen/rhovanion as a possible long-term; like another experimental faction with a completely different roster and playstyle with heros designed by the team from scratch (like most of angmar).

Dunland would be interesting, and I imagine it'd be in the same boat as most of these newer factions, sorely lacking in detailed characters in the books and movies alike I believe any way the team takes it will be taking many liberties to create wholly new heroes and units.

Otherwise practically any meaningful faction in ME that isn't already a subfaction (except for the more prominent easterlings & etc.) I think could be a possibility.

Umbar and the Black Númenóreans definitely need some due love, and as a sub-sub faction (the horror) of harad wouldn't be too out of bounds, pretty much every faction at this point has plenty of representation of many smaller ones.

I think it couldn't hurt though to, beside the evil men faction plan to add a free people's faction of the north, aside from Eriador or something.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 20. Jan 2016, 23:02 »
Hi  :)

Thank you for your suggestions.
I must tell you, though, that the general policy of the English Moderators so far has been the one of closing every thread in the Edain Suggestions boards that deals with the two new possible factions.

Nevertheless, I recently established a thread in the Off-Topic section that has the exact purpose of developing a discussion about a future Evil Men faction and the ways it could be presented or the conceptual characteristics that will define it.
If you want, you can give your contribution there, or open a new thread for proposals concerning the other remaining faction in that same section, the most 'mysterious' one, I guess  ;)
In the Evil Men thread I also explained why we chose this type of policy and what I will do in the future when the Edain Team will reveal its plans about these matters and release more specific information.

http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,32416.msg424817.html#msg424817

--- LOCKED ---
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Jan 2016, 02:32 von DieWalküre »