26. Apr 2024, 16:08 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Extended cover for The Song of the Lonely Mountain in game  (Gelesen 4067 mal)

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ymgFyzbDo

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oc7tl_5AdM

I find these two videos really beautiful, and I'd like to see what you guys think about some parts of them, like two lines (about 10 words) every 20 minutes, so it doesn't get boring like Pippin's song, being included in the Dwarven soundtrack; my suggestion :)

don't know who'd be willing to cut the parts, but if there is someone and if Edain agrees, and if the most people would like to hear it in the game...

Again, this is just my suggestion, currently I just want to see what people think about it.
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Okt 2015, 15:30 von WarOfTheRingVeteran »

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
Re: Extended cover for The Song of the Lonely Mountain in game
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Okt 2015, 14:34 »
To be honest I was never in favor of using songs in game, the problem is that you will hear them so often that after 4 times you will get tired of it.

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 25. Okt 2015, 15:27 »
To be honest I was never in favor of using songs in game, the problem is that you will hear them so often that after 4 times you will get tired of it.

I firmly agree with you, just like Pippin's song, which is the only reason I avoid using him. However, I said only parts of it, like two lines (about 10 words) every apreximately 20 minutes. I don't know about you, but I really wouldn't find that tiring.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #3 am: 27. Okt 2015, 14:48 »
i dont have a problem to hear those songs in the game one time they are rly amazing and they are fitting in the dwarven factions

VectorMaximus

• RPG Team [en]
  • Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
« Antwort #4 am: 26. Jan 2016, 02:35 »
I've actually loaded these songs into ITunes and have them on my Ipod to listen to them. They're actually really good. I feel like they may not work as general background songs, but the line "The king has come unto his halls" could be played when Thorin hits level 10 and is crowned King of the Dwarves. Would really add gravity to the event.

And also, when an Ered Luin player with Thorin lands a killing blow on Smaug (when he's added), it could play "His foe is dead, the worm of dread". Not sure how easy it would be to program, but it would be cool.
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Jan 2016, 02:39 von VectorMaximus »
"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #5 am: 27. Jan 2016, 13:06 »
man this idea is awesome

RiderOfRohan

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • I'm the helpful modding guy
« Antwort #6 am: 28. Jan 2016, 11:23 »
Well it wouldn't be a hard thing to add but it would really not fit for a skirmish game, it will prove pretty distracting. Those sort of things would make good in a campaign mission however.
My current BFME projects | Age of the Ring | BFME 2 HD Edition | ROTWK HD Edition