18. Apr 2024, 17:55 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Misty Mountains Cloud Of Bats  (Gelesen 3944 mal)

Aragorn_Frodo

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Have No Fear, ARAGORN_FRODO Is Here!
Misty Mountains Cloud Of Bats
« am: 21. Jan 2016, 15:20 »
I know misty mountains is a long way away... but here is my suggestion. In the hobbit the orc army that came from the mountains for the Battle of the Five Armies was, like Sauron's army that sieged Minas Tirith, afraid of the sunlight. In Mordor's case for the siege, Sauron was able to put a darkness upon middle-earth. In the Hobbit, Tolkien speaks of a cloud of bats that were probably used to shield the Orcs from the sunlight. While in the movie this is misinterpreted (in my opinion), as bats that are actually used in the battle, what I think Tolkien meant was that there was a literal CLOUD of bats, to make the battlefield dark so the goblins could fight on during the daytime. So my proposition is that instead of the old darkness power Goblins used to get, Misty Mountains instead gets the power Cloud of Bats, which does the same type of things as a darkness for Mordor or fell rain for Isengard. There are some limitations to the idea, such as the game engine not being able to handle bats over the entire map.  But maybe it is possible to give an illusion of bats covering the entire map a without doing something that would slow the game down. What do you guys think?
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Jan 2016, 19:52 von Aragorn_Frodo »

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
Re: Misty Mountains Cloud Of Bats
« Antwort #1 am: 21. Jan 2016, 19:47 »
Well, I am thinking about something like the 10-point power Lothlorien has, Eärendil's Ship.
It could be a large area target that you can move around while it buffs the goblins damage and armour.

But I am not sure whether the Cloud of Bats spell as in BFME2 will come back to provide a general debuff to enemy troops, but at a lower cost of points.

makis89

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #2 am: 22. Jan 2016, 09:52 »
i saw your suggestion at Moddb... it is very interestring and unique spell for Misty Mountains but i don't if it is possible from technical reasons ( engine limitations , etc. )
"...for all living things were her food,
and her vomit darkness."

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #3 am: 23. Jan 2016, 10:33 »
I like the idea too ;)
More differentiation between similar spells is always nice. I'm only not sure how the effects would be like in the game. Maybe small scattered patches of moving clouds? Maybe it's better to leave it to the laborers who would work on it :P
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Jan 2016, 10:38 von hoho96 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 23. Jan 2016, 14:28 »
I like the idea too ;)
More differentiation between similar spells is always nice. I'm only not sure how the effects would be like in the game. Maybe small scattered patches of moving clouds? Maybe it's better to leave it to the laborers who would work on it :P

I totally agree with my colleague Moderator  :)
This is the comment I posted on ModDB regarding this proposal.

Zitat
I like this proposal too.
I think that it would give the faction its needed conceptual characteristics and diversity; especially, when we talk about weather-related spells, I believe that every faction should have a spell fashioned from its own unique traits, as it happened with the Durin's Day spell of the Dwarves or the Elbereth Gilthoniel spell of Lothlórien (instead of the previous vanilla clouds break spell).

Yes, it would be definitely better if you posted this suggestion on MU, since it could start an interesting and useful discussion ;)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 23. Jan 2016, 15:14 »
Like the idea, we will discuss it internally.

Aragorn_Frodo

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Have No Fear, ARAGORN_FRODO Is Here!
« Antwort #6 am: 23. Jan 2016, 17:35 »
Thank you guys for all the positive feedback! It's been an idea I've been thinking about for some time and it would be awesome to see it in game, especially since they messed Tolkien's idea up (in my opinion) in the movie.