16. Apr 2024, 15:07 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The wine-land of Dorwinion (picture update3)  (Gelesen 12069 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: The wine-land of Dorwinion (picture update3)
« Antwort #30 am: 27. Jan 2016, 16:42 »
Really nice looking Fortress,good idea for combining different Cultures there! :-) It is good Map ,but maybe to Crowded and too many buildings,it can be slightly confusing when playing! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
  • you know nothing j... sorry wrong place
Re: The wine-land of Dorwinion (in-game update3)
« Antwort #31 am: 27. Jan 2016, 16:46 »
yes indeed but the second level of city will be just decorations ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Jan 2016, 17:03 von lord_ellessar »

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #32 am: 27. Jan 2016, 17:02 »
the in-game city:

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #33 am: 27. Jan 2016, 17:12 »
Lol the Map is breathtaking,I love the view and the look of the Fortress,really nice job with it! :-) And as long as there aren't some serious Lags I have no problem with Buildings and all!

Keep the good job.:-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #34 am: 27. Jan 2016, 17:18 »
ha ha about the lags XD
i had to supress all civilians XP i will find something else :P

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #35 am: 27. Jan 2016, 18:24 »
Looks awesome and, as Dain said, the views are breathtaking  :). Can't wait to play it.

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #36 am: 27. Jan 2016, 21:55 »
Because the first map I ever created was a Dorwinion map, I'm quite interested in this project, but I have to admit, that I'm not really convinced, yet.

First of all, the map has hardly any textures on it, but I guess that is only because it is still work in progress. Personally, I prefer starting with the textures and terrain, because after placing many objects, the worldbuilder can be slower when chaning them.

Also, I don't like the combination of the Dale and Elven buildings, because they have completly different colours. The red and blue is far too big contrast in my opinion. Besides the Rivendell buildings are really characteristic and therefore I wouldn't use them for anything but a map related to Rivendell elves. The Rhun buildings outside are again a completly different style.

Furthermore, the city is far too overgrowded. There are many narrow pathes and passages, where the civilians might pass, but hordes won't be able to get through and will get path-finding problems.

As far as I can see, there aren't any buildplots or other free spaces for building (at least in the upper town. How do you plan to make the building system? Also, am I not mistaken, that one of the exits of the city just leads to the edge of the map?

The next thing is, that the fortress takes about a quarter of the map, which is extremly huge and doesn't leave much space for attackers. Also, except the two gates there aren't any defense mechanism, such that the whole wall will be a giantic weakness for the defender.

But I have to say that I like your vineyards, they look quite cool.

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #37 am: 27. Jan 2016, 22:37 »
Mmf well indeed the textures aren't place yet I do it at the end and indeed the buildings are a bit imladris style but it is elves and the elves in Dorwinion won't make their houses in the trees (not enough trees) so I need the lone buildings that are solid(house on the floor) and elves (grey havens) for the dale buildings it is because Dorwinion is a wine land, a hill land near of the see and sunny territory, so it should be something like italia (toscana) and south of France so yellow buildings,... The easterlings; as I said, for me they are the poor that thought that if they go to Dorwinion they will be rich but no it won't, they are outside the cities etc. About the playability, the city is just decoration and the look is also to be like Italian old cities with little streets. The first level is make to be playable easily. You dont have to build in there.
Btw thx about vineyards ...  :)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #38 am: 31. Jan 2016, 09:37 »
How is progress on the map? Will you release it soon?  :)

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #39 am: 31. Jan 2016, 16:04 »
Haha im sorry it's right that i didn't say anything here since a little time,... No i'm working on the SoD submod for the moment but i don't leave this project of map ;)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #40 am: 31. Jan 2016, 16:45 »
Ok, it's enough to know that you won't forget about the map, I can wait as long as needed  ;).

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #41 am: 31. Jan 2016, 16:54 »
I promise it i won't forget it ;)