29. Mär 2024, 17:03 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: BFME2: HD Edition Showcase  (Gelesen 55276 mal)

RiderOfRohan

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • I'm the helpful modding guy
Re: BFME2: HD Edition Showcase
« Antwort #30 am: 6. Feb 2016, 14:54 »

Actually these are the current soldiers in the game that I made for Edain. They met the standard back in those days :D :
My current BFME projects | Age of the Ring | BFME 2 HD Edition | ROTWK HD Edition

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #31 am: 6. Feb 2016, 17:15 »
I still fricking love these guys. They look just right, for BFME's engine and Edain mod's overall approach to textures, in my opinion :).
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

RiderOfRohan

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #32 am: 6. Feb 2016, 17:59 »
Well compared to Edain's newest work they still carry cartoony proportions and wired shadowing once you're an artist you'd understand hehe

Demolishers got them neat looking goats now as well as a new crew.
Big thanks to NDC for the binding and animation assistance!
My current BFME projects | Age of the Ring | BFME 2 HD Edition | ROTWK HD Edition

RiderOfRohan

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #33 am: 7. Feb 2016, 02:24 »
The Fourth Overhaul Part 1:
Men of the Riddermark

Next up: the Rohan portion of the Men of the West faction. As you're probably used to seeing by now, each hero and unit has received significant visual updates.
The heroes in the Men of the West faction are some of the worst looking vanilla models in the game. We hope you'll agree they look a lot more dignified in our HD pack.

The Rohirrim

In BFME2, the Rohirrim serve as the mounted elite of their faction, so we opted for a more powerful and standardized look, reminiscent of Weta's Royal Guard designs
but mixed with regular Rohirrim design features.

Théoden

The King of Rohan is now properly rendered, his intricate armor displayed in full detail. In addition, his horse has been given the armor seen in the films.

Éomer

The Third Marshal of the Riddermark has received a complete overhaul, now riding into battle in shiny 1024x1024 texture quality.

Éowyn

Same as above, really. We gave her a fresh new model. There's only so many ways to describe that.
Stay tuned for Part 2 of the Fourth Overhaul.
~ Rider of Rohan & Mathijs

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #34 am: 7. Feb 2016, 17:49 »
Nice details on the Rohirrim. The changes to the Royal Guard armor work quite well.

Eomer is just gorgeous in every way, from his armor details, to his correct small green shield, and his amazingly accurate face.  xD

Well compared to Edain's newest work they still carry cartoony proportions and wired shadowing once you're an artist you'd understand hehe
Aww, come on. Don't make me blush. :D
You guys had a lot of that artistic understanding much sooner. For example I'm still oogling over some of the early Gundabad Buildings from Shadow and Flame.
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Feb 2016, 18:15 von Adamin »

Mathijs

• Bilbos Festgast
  • T3A Leader
« Antwort #35 am: 10. Feb 2016, 11:55 »
Projects: T3A:Online | Shadow and Flame | HD Editions
...and lots more.

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #36 am: 10. Feb 2016, 12:17 »
Beautiful model !

Mathijs

• Bilbos Festgast
  • T3A Leader
« Antwort #37 am: 12. Feb 2016, 02:10 »
...and lots more.

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #38 am: 12. Feb 2016, 10:18 »

Boromir is my favorite heroes of Gondor an this model is just perfect !
Good work !   ;)

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #39 am: 12. Feb 2016, 10:59 »
Quite nice. It's not often that you see a smiling Boromir. ^^
I like how the Horn got a more accurate mouthpiece.

Hüter

• Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #40 am: 13. Feb 2016, 14:54 »
Those models look very beautiful and are indeed HD, but this is where I started wondering, if you already had a playable version of the mod (not to download, just for your own testing purposes), because I am really interested in the performance of the game with all those amazing textures. Will the engine resist?  :o

I definitely hope so, because this is brilliant work, keep it up!  :)

Greetings, Hüter

Danke an CMG für den tollen Avatar und das tolle Banner

Mathijs

• Bilbos Festgast
  • T3A Leader
« Antwort #41 am: 13. Feb 2016, 22:00 »
Those models look very beautiful and are indeed HD, but this is where I started wondering, if you already had a playable version of the mod (not to download, just for your own testing purposes), because I am really interested in the performance of the game with all those amazing textures. Will the engine resist?  :o

I definitely hope so, because this is brilliant work, keep it up!  :)

Greetings, Hüter

Hi!

Sure, we run tests every time we add a new model. I haven't noticed any performance issues (and I run this game with a lot of Nvidia injections to make it look better). The only thing that seems to be affected slightly is load times, for some reason.

These models aren't thát crazy in terms of polies or texture sizes. We do optimize, and we have clear limits.
...and lots more.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #42 am: 13. Feb 2016, 22:35 »
I see some "new" faces here. :)
Mathjus&RoR welcome to forum. :)
I just want to express admiration to your work once more. All HD models are pure love!
I really like Aragorn, also Boromir is epic (horn is pure love guys!). :)

P.S. I see you have implemented new goat skin for new battlewagon (it is great), is that goat from AOJ movie? (I remember you have made ram (goat) ridders mount, but its horns were different, same to model from BOTFA movie?)

Best regards,
CragLord

Mathijs

• Bilbos Festgast
  • T3A Leader
« Antwort #43 am: 13. Feb 2016, 22:43 »
Hey Crag, thanks for your generous compliments!

It's pretty much the same goat, but I made a better horn model for it.
...and lots more.

Hüter

• Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #44 am: 14. Feb 2016, 23:58 »
Zitat
Hi!

Sure, we run tests every time we add a new model. I haven't noticed any performance issues (and I run this game with a lot of Nvidia injections to make it look better). The only thing that seems to be affected slightly is load times, for some reason.

These models aren't thát crazy in terms of polies or texture sizes. We do optimize, and we have clear limits.
One more point to give it a try when it will be released. Thumbs up and thanks for the reply.

Greetings, Hüter

Danke an CMG für den tollen Avatar und das tolle Banner