28. Mär 2024, 22:31 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Isengard's Base  (Gelesen 11159 mal)

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
Re: Isengard's Base
« Antwort #15 am: 3. Feb 2016, 22:43 »
Well, certainly this isn't an urgent subject that needs change and I agree that Isengard doesn't really need walls, but considering this latest suggestion: Why not?
I do indeed agree that Mordor's and Isengard's bases look very similar, while this isn't a big problem in my opinion (as the "texture" of both areas does look fairly similar in the movies), ideas like the white lines look pretty nice. I'm generally neutral on the matter of trees, certainly the aren't really fitting a fully industrialized base, but they may refer to the tainting of Isengard, so I'm not so certain about those.
Spreading the fortress upgrades around the castle is also a neat idea, this would make Saruman's headquarters even more crowded as they are described in the books (something I really missed graphically from Edain 3.8.1 where Isengard was visually the most industrialized faction).
Therefore, all things considered I like your latest suggestion. :)

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

The Witch-King of Angmar

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Fear The Iron Crown
« Antwort #16 am: 3. Feb 2016, 22:56 »
Well, certainly this isn't an urgent subject that needs change and I agree that Isengard doesn't really need walls, but considering this latest suggestion: Why not?
I do indeed agree that Mordor's and Isengard's bases look very similar, while this isn't a big problem in my opinion (as the "texture" of both areas does look fairly similar in the movies), ideas like the white lines look pretty nice. I'm generally neutral on the matter of trees, certainly the aren't really fitting a fully industrialized base, but they may refer to the tainting of Isengard, so I'm not so certain about those.
Spreading the fortress upgrades around the castle is also a neat idea, this would make Saruman's headquarters even more crowded as they are described in the books (something I really missed graphically from Edain 3.8.1 where Isengard was visually the most industrialized faction).
Therefore, all things considered I like your latest suggestion. :)

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

thank you Melkor Bauglir , I am so glad you like it :)

edit: you know the first thing Saurman and the orcs did in Isengard was cuting ALL the trees , and this is the best industrial faction in all Middle-Earth we are talking about , there is no way "dead trees" can fit in it
« Letzte Änderung: 3. Feb 2016, 23:06 von The Witch-King of Angmar »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #17 am: 3. Feb 2016, 23:02 »
I agree with Melkor  :)
The latest idea sounds definitely a lot more reasonable and interesting.

I'm too for an improvement of the industrialised element of Isengard; furthermore, I really like those white (steel?) paths that lead to the citadel as well.

Yes, it was a good idea changing the topic of the thread a bit  ;)

The Witch-King of Angmar

• Fear The Iron Crown
« Antwort #18 am: 3. Feb 2016, 23:14 »
I agree with Melkor  :)
The latest idea sounds definitely a lot more reasonable and interesting.

I'm too for an improvement of the industrialised element of Isengard; furthermore, I really like those white (steel?) paths that lead to the citadel as well.

Yes, it was a good idea changing the topic of the thread a bit  ;)

thank you so much , this is the first time i get some people to like my idea in modding-union , i feel weird lol
btw I am not actually sure if the white paths are from steel or not but i Like them alot
« Letzte Änderung: 3. Feb 2016, 23:18 von The Witch-King of Angmar »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #19 am: 3. Feb 2016, 23:55 »
You will discover that it's much better discussing with other people and finding well-thought 'compromises' than achieving immediate success with the first attempt.
Of course, coming suddenly out with a suitable idea is always great, but definitely less plausible  :)

Steel is probably the artificial element by definition, and one of the symbols of Industry itself, something that thoroughly opposes the natural and 'bucolic' view of Tolkien.
At least, how the World should be to be good.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #20 am: 4. Feb 2016, 00:38 »
While I agree that the patches soil of the bases look quite similar, there is a good reason for that. Tainted and defiled land look exactly like that. Both Isengard's and Mordor's soil looks like that because it is/was tainted and defiled. Grey and lifeless.
Remember people, changing for the sake of changing is never a good way to design a mod; I speak from experience. Thankfully, ET knows this quite well, so I am glad. Furthermore, I presume Orthanc's texture is more detailed than the default tainted land, meaning that it will strain performance for minimal visual gain.
With that said, I have no major objections. If the pros outweigh the cons, and ET agrees with it, I have no qualms and I will accept it.
Zitat
i am not here to make enemys , i hope we dont go through this again Odysseus

Not sharing opinions does not imply immediately that we should be enemies. Nay, not at all :). That is what discussing and debating is all about. Sharing opinions, backed up by either evidence or your own reasoning and preferably both, is imperative if you wish to convince others of your proposition. Sharing different opinions is a common thing, and I am not your enemy.
In fact, I do hope we go through this again, because coming together and debating certain matters, makes the mind strong. Also, if we manage to find a consensus, it brings us together on better terms. It will also motivate you more to come up with improved proposals each time.
Sorry for being so dull, but you remind me of >me<, when I was on my first forum for Company of Heroes. I was always proposing things left and right, mostly visual changes that I thought would serve as improvements. They kept being shot down, one after another. I wanted to give up hope that my contributions were irrelevant and not needed. However, instead of being too proud and stubborn and giving up hope, I decided to spend more time on the forum, and listen to the reasoning of the devs, the balancers, the moderators, the beta testers and other contributors with experience, and see what kind of discussion they led.
Moreover, I spend more time with the actual design of the game:'' Why is this here? What does it do? Does it add up? Does it hold up?''
Then, taking all these thoughts and observations into considerations, I spend as much time as I could on my next proposal, crafting it, perfecting it, and then it was finished. I made that proposal and it let to a debate of 37 pages full of heated debate. In the end, my change came through and it was liked by a good majority. The feeling of hard work paying off and the feeling of acceptance was quite overwhelming to be honest. I told myself, I am content for now and I will see if I can come up with even better arguments for my next proposal! Ohhh, it gets me all nostalgic thinking about to those past days.

*Ahem*, my bad for talking so much. I will hold my tongue now, but I hope you will understand that I am not your enemy, and that I WANT to debate with you. It will shape you, mold you, improve you and it will make you a veteran proposer in no time.

Kind regards.
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Feb 2016, 15:08 von Odysseus »
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #21 am: 4. Feb 2016, 11:37 »
*Ahem*, my bad for talking so much. I will hold my tongue now, but I hope you will understand that I am not your enemy, and that I WANT to debate with you. It will shape you, mold you, improve you and it will make you a veteran proposer in no time.

Kind regards.

Last post about this matter.
I completely agree with Odysseus, and it was very interesting indeed reading about his experience in other forums.

Without ending up with a too long comment and too much details, I can say that my experience was more or less similar; its most significant aspects, at least.
And, I would say that the majority of the people of this Community must have too had this kind of approach.
I didn't arrive at all in this forum as a suddenly perfect and moderator-like user, nor, if I can recall correctly, have I ever had a big 'success' in exposing perfectly conceived proposals since the very beginning of debates.

I can now say that it really was the very attendance of threads and discussions with the great people of this Community that concretely helped me develop and 'grow' as a user; if you, Witch-king of Angmar, look at the most visited threads of the English Community, you will exactly see that everything often started with a rough idea that was accurately and meaningfully polished by people's consistent interactions.

Odysseus used a significant word: shaping.
Yes, this forum and the whole Edain Community will truly and positively shape you and your own qualities as a user, as long as you are willing to participate, receive and give advices, and help in the livening of this vital forum  :)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: 4. Feb 2016, 11:54 »
It's not that easy to change the ground texture. After all its a model with a very professionel uvw map. The texture needs a size around 512x512 and will be folded in the uvw of  the model. In your example you've invited some textures from the wordlbuilder, everything of them has a size around 256x256 and are freely placed inside of the castle. Sadly, it's not that simple. [ugly]
There is an enormous amount of work needed to create such a ground model. Currently no one from the team finds the time for such a thing. We will think about improving the castle, but currently there exists no priority.
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Feb 2016, 12:29 von Ealendril »

The Witch-King of Angmar

• Fear The Iron Crown
« Antwort #23 am: 4. Feb 2016, 16:46 »
Thank you so much Ealendril , I understand it needs alot of work , there is no need to hurry , take your time guys , even if it been added in 4.4 patch or 4.5 patch , I am sure it will be a stunning masterpiece when you do it  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Feb 2016, 16:55 von The Witch-King of Angmar »