23. Apr 2024, 16:15 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Suggestion for a new Chariot Hero for the Iron Hills  (Gelesen 10600 mal)

Eöl.the.Dark.Elf.

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Suggestion for a new Chariot Hero for the Iron Hills
« Antwort #15 am: 4. Feb 2016, 13:27 »
Still in my opinion I prefer some nasty, angry and bloodsucking boar to pull the war chariot :D
I considered adding boars instead of rams, but i thought it could be a little too much. Still i may change my opinion  :)
I forgot to thank everyone for the feedback up till now ! I would gladly hear any kind of ideas you may have for the concept. If you really like it , it would be thankful to spread the word (without spamming you nasty hobbitses  xD)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #16 am: 4. Feb 2016, 13:48 »
Now that Chariot Concept was used for the Battlewagon Improvements Thread about King Dain II Unique IHs Based Summon ! :-)

Another thing is that this Chariot Hero kinda represents like Combined ideas we all devised about the War Chariots Changes and if this is used for a Hero it will almost take the Chance for War Chariots getting in Game! :-)

I am sorry but I prefer and support the "Narin" idea since it is more lore friendly ! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Eöl.the.Dark.Elf.

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #17 am: 4. Feb 2016, 14:05 »
@LordDainIronfoot

I have to say, your idea about the revised war chariots was the first spark of inspiration for my concept. I fully support this certain suggestion and i had it in mind while i created my own. Hope that our concepts dont collide (i also hope it is obvious i didnt copy your idea,  the similarities are present because we were both based on the same source material, one way or another). We may actualy find a solution to implement both (i'm open to suggestions and i hope that my concept will be able to evovle according to them)! Although it all depends on the team, i hope we can make it happen in some way.
Plus i find no reason not to include two all new heroes for the Iron Hills (including Narin)  :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #18 am: 4. Feb 2016, 14:09 »
I'm a bit 'divided' regarding this proposal.
I generally like it, and it interests me very much, as any other innovative improvement often does; and, I recognise that this proposal was indeed presented very well.
So, let's say that my moderating side appreciates the form of the idea itself, and the matters involved  ;)

Nevertheless, I personally prefer the previous proposals about Narin and the significant conceptual improvements about the war chariots, also because I got myself involved in them a bit.

As Dáin wrote, I believe that Narin is more lore accurate on a general perspective.
And, the possibility of a renewal of the 'chariot theme' in the Edain Mod could be easily solved by the above-mentioned monumental suggestion of Dáin and CragLord concerning the battle wagons, which was eventually proven to have been thoroughly appreciated by the Edain Community (more than 60 positive votes, if I recall correctly).

However, it's indeed an innovative and fresh proposal, after all.
Good luck with it  :)

Eöl.the.Dark.Elf.

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #19 am: 4. Feb 2016, 17:45 »
@ DieWalküre
The battle wagon re-design definetely is something that should happen.  i will possibly try to make my idea applicable in case this becomes  official. In my opinion if both the ideas are welcome by the community and the team, there will be a way to implement them at the same time, there is no reason for the one to deny the inclusion of the other.
Glad to hear you find it innovative and fresh by the way and thanks for the feedback ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #20 am: 4. Feb 2016, 18:17 »
Of course, one proposal doesn't necessarily deny the other, in theory.
But, I tried to watch the whole ensemble taking into consideration both the 'need' of new improvements for the war chariots and of a new conceptual hero; as if the two proposals were intertwined with each other.

So, I believe that a new chariot hero combined with new improvements for the chariots themselves could end up being an 'excessive' focus on that chariot theme I referred to previously, thus preventing us from having another new innovative concept for a hero beside chariots; while, the previous two proposals might really bring to the faction of the Iron Hills two different new aspects, each belonging to different fields, and resulting in a more evident diversity.

I see your idea as something in between (focus on chariots and the need of a hero), which doesn't completely convince me.
I don't really have anything in particular against it; it's just that I'm not 100% sure about it for the exposed reasons.
Not to mention that I think that the previous two proposals are already justly balanced and well-conceived due to the considerable efforts poured into them (achieved by a constant work on polishing them).

Obviously, as you wrote, everything will be up to the Edain Team's will.
And, it's not so implausible that we may be likely to find a reasonable compromise (often unexpected) between two or more sides during the natural development and continuation of the debate.
This is what usually and rightly happens here, leading many times to greater outcomes than the ones initially planned  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Feb 2016, 12:03 von DieWalküre »

Eöl.the.Dark.Elf.

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #21 am: 4. Feb 2016, 19:02 »
Well you guys really have some points which i will consider. Always glad to hear your detailed opinion  :)

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #22 am: 5. Feb 2016, 13:01 »
Something that I couldn't understand: by adding the chariot hero the ram riders will be removed or not? Because this addition will alter a lot in the way the Iron Hills will function.

By reading all the thread (+ the replies), I came up with an idea.
Instead of making this chariot hero, why not make your concept a great unit that requires a lvl 3 forge works and a limit of 3 or 5 of them in the battlefield?
Since the community asks for a better chariot unit for the dwarves etc?
Though I have to admit I liked your idea and I would love to see it make it in the mod, the opinion of lorddain was something that I had to agree with...
So I guess with my suggestion your concept could work a little better, but not only for the Iron Hills but for all the subfactions of the dwarves

Eöl.the.Dark.Elf.

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #23 am: 5. Feb 2016, 14:15 »
@Saeros
I never mentioned the removal of the ram riders. They should remain the same.
Making a new "elite chariot unit" for all the dwarven factions is not the best idea in my opinion because it doesnt solve the main problem which is the lack of heroes (and therefore choices and tactics) for the sub faction of the Iron Hills. Plus the creation of a more advanced chariot unit (even with limited recruitment) means that there will be no use for the current battle wagons. Still i dont find the inclusion of both the update of the current battle wagons and the more elite chariot hero for th IH (exclusively) to be "too-much" .

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #24 am: 6. Feb 2016, 11:50 »
@ Eöl.the.Dark.Elf it's just that with what you suggest the Iron Hills will have an extra hero (which is not a scout hero, but a mass slayer, a second one in the faction) that's why I questioned the removal of the ram riders, I think that the new hero of the Iron Hills should be something like a scout..
I don't know, this thing has got me mixed up so I have to stand back and just follow this thread to see where your idea will lead the community.
Just so you know, you have my support in the inclusion of your battle wagon (either a hero or an upgraded version)

Eöl.the.Dark.Elf.

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #25 am: 6. Feb 2016, 17:16 »
@Saeros
Well the fact that the chariot plays the role of a second mass slayer hero is the main problem with my idea. Im waiting to see what the team will do with Murin (who in my opinion is extremely underwhelming right now), and i will propably change some things about my suggestion.
Anyway, i appreciate your support  :)