19. Mär 2024, 03:28 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Imladris Siege  (Gelesen 36655 mal)

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
Re: Imladris Siege
« Antwort #15 am: 16. Feb 2016, 15:53 »
I just had revelation! What about... ent wives?!?!?!?!  [ugly]

Spacetyrant93

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #16 am: 16. Feb 2016, 16:01 »
Well duh...that was unexpected  :o

I wouldn't know, to me it seemed implied that Ent-wives had gone..gone for good. Plus it seems a bit...out of place, to me at least. BUT, I admit it's interesting and brilliantly funny idea   :D

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #17 am: 16. Feb 2016, 16:18 »
Perhaps as an easter egg for certain maps :P.

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #18 am: 16. Feb 2016, 16:53 »
I don't like the idea of better upgrades or Dunedain siege weapons. However Noldorin ballistas look elvish enough to be part of the Rivendell faction, so I pretty much agree with everything you guys proposed about them (except the fact that they shouldn't be available in the Lindon settlement, I don't like that idea).

Concerning the Lightbringers, I can't argue with them being not Tolkien-ish enough. Plus they suck really hard as siege weapons. Still, I think they are quite cool so I'd like to see them in 4.0 but reworked a bit: for instance they could be narrowed down to one type of unit (no more earth/fire/wind/water type) with more down-to-earth abilities. Iirc, Elven lords are gonna get removed from the game and I find it quite sad, so I don't really want another cool and unique unit part of Rivendell 3.8.1 roster to be purely and simply "deleted".

"That still only counts as one!"

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: 16. Feb 2016, 19:14 »
I don't like the idea of better upgrades or Dunedain siege weapons.[..](except the fact that they shouldn't be available in the Lindon settlement, I don't like that idea).
Agree on that.
We thought about a Noldorin catapult/trebuchet/ballista, too. But it should be look in an elvish and graceful way and it should be possible in the real world (which would not be the case with this dark elves ballista^^). Our ideas have dealt with the amazing catapult of Da Vinci. Ballista are actually not designed for sieges. Therefore we would like to reduce them and focus more on realistic catapults.

I dont think that we will remove the lightbearers completly, but we will improve and rework them a little bit. My own ideas have addressed the following:
There is now a single scholar recruitable (Lightbringer in white, former scholars from 3.8.1), which has the possibitiy to choose a study direction: earth, water, fire and wind. If the player has choosed one direction, the scholar will get the current designs and can be combined with different types of scholars.
The result is that one does not have large troops of light-bringers anymore, the building options are clearer and better classified in the library.

aminetude

• "Go back to the void from whence you came!"
« Antwort #20 am: 16. Feb 2016, 19:37 »
This is a very interesting thread indeed, well the clear choice of a new siege unit is a ballista, but since isengard already got such a unit, it would be better to look for a new unit, i remember the high/blood elves from warcraft using arcane golems (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Arcane_golem) as their siege units, they actually use them against troops as well, but i am trying to suggest is making perhaps rock golems summonable by lightbringers or mages, i would say they will be like a mini mountain giant ( wich appeared in the hobbit of course ), they should be very slow ( slower than ents ) but much resilient to arrows, fire  and magic damage, also if the mage that summoned the rock golem is killed, then the summoned creature dies as well ( i guess you can use that angmar summoning master mechanics, when he dies all his battalion dies with him ), i know it isnt very lore accurate, but since elves ( specially the noldor ), were in contact with great magic of controlling the aspects of nature, i mean the three elven rings are synced to nature elements, this would permit the light bringer to do damage to buildings in a new and different way, or if you arent satisfied with the lightbringres, you can make the rock golems summonable from  their building, i mean whenever you summon one of them, we see the animation of a light bringer raising his staff and summoning the creature.
I just said what i think of, so please be nice in your replies  8-|
Such is the nature of evil, in time all foul things come forth.

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #21 am: 16. Feb 2016, 19:44 »
Or... just put in Imladris Gandolf with his carriage filled with fireworks. He will approach enemy building, scream and explode, taking all nearby units and specified building with him to the grave.  [uglybunti]
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Feb 2016, 19:57 von Ealendril »

Spacetyrant93

« Antwort #22 am: 16. Feb 2016, 19:44 »
All sounds good. Good idea for the Da Vinci catapult, it has the right silhuette to make an excellent Noldor-style siege engine. But will it be branded as 'Made in Imladris' or 'Made in Lindon'? Or simply dubbed Noldor Catapult and have no real conjunction? And yes, ballistas are especially designed for mass slaughter (why call it Reaper otherwise :P), after all no much point in harpooning a wall, but since the theme was there, that was an idea. More than happy for the Da Vinci catapult (italian pride xD)

About the Lightbringers, well that's a pity, I liked the troops of mages xD yet I suppose that follows better the line of the 'few units, but really good ones' theme of Imladris.

I would say no to earth golems/giants, Pallando the Blue used to have that power, no idea if it'll come back, but already then it looked...weird. Works for Warcraft, not really for Middle Earth.

aminetude

« Antwort #23 am: 16. Feb 2016, 19:48 »
I would say no to earth golems/giants, Pallando the Blue used to have that power, no idea if it'll come back, but already then it looked...weird. Works for Warcraft, not really for Middle Earth.
Really ? i never played Pallando was he in Mordor ? or an easterling building ? i cant remember, but i guess you're right some persons would find the rock golems really weird hahaha

Spacetyrant93

« Antwort #24 am: 16. Feb 2016, 19:50 »
He was in a waaaay older version of the mod, back when Inns were still there.

aminetude

« Antwort #25 am: 16. Feb 2016, 19:54 »
He was in a waaaay older version of the mod, back when Inns were still there.
Oh yes, i remember 3.8.1 had the inns summonable heroes, i have been playing edain 4 for almost a year i guess, and i quietly had forgotten the entire vanilla system ( with free building )

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #26 am: 16. Feb 2016, 19:58 »
Posts deleted. Please keep the respect, thanks.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #27 am: 16. Feb 2016, 20:04 »
Zitat
it should be look in an elvish and graceful way and it should be possible in the real world
Here's a thought: A ballista, BUT one that was actually made for sieges:
Romans used it to shoot rocks to bring down walls and towers, and fire projectiles to burn fortifications/ troops/ towns.
I don't suppose elves wouldn't use fire projectiles, though we could easily come up with something more elvish to shoot with it  xD
I was thinking this might be a possibility for the Dwarves, though it might also work for the elves with a little style and color adjustments.
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Feb 2016, 20:09 von hoho96 »

aminetude

« Antwort #28 am: 16. Feb 2016, 20:18 »
Another suggestion ( from warcraft as well ), is the night elf ballista (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource_images/6/skins_5174_screenshot.jpg)
with a new type of amunition, you can google it to see it in action, it is very powerful, and actually in warcraft games, these type of amunition can hit many units, and act as a giant Boomerang ( the stick that comes flying back to you after you throw it ), i dont know if that is possible in the bfme 2 engine, but anyway, it seems elvish, its bow is shaped to look like raven wings,  of course the modules can be changed to suit the noldor faction much more, but the mechanism of shooting, and amunition models are different than the normal known giant arrows. Hope you like it :)
Edit: Hoho96, that picture looks amazing, from wich game you had it taken ( i guess it is a total war game, but i cant know wich one  :P )

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #29 am: 16. Feb 2016, 20:29 »
The "Da Vinci" catapult looks really promising, and I'm glad you guys are reworking Lightbringers.  :)

Since the topic is called "Imladris Siege", I'm proposing a parallel debate: do you think Rivendell should have a battering ram (or an equivalent) ?

"That still only counts as one!"