29. Mär 2024, 00:43 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Imladris Siege  (Gelesen 36859 mal)

NoldorSithLordsShipwright

• Gast
Re: Imladris Siege
« Antwort #75 am: 1. Apr 2016, 08:04 »
I read through everything and created an account for the express purpose of replying (and receiving news).

I have only recently gotten Edain and have never played versions before 4.2.1., just so you guys know.

I support the idea lightbringers being a support unit instead of a siege weapon.

As for actual siege engines...

I personally adore the Helepolis suggestion, but I'd advocate for its ballistae to have relatively low damage, for the engine to be very, very expensive as well as limited in number (Heroic Siege?) while being insanely durable (maybe a little less than Grond durable?).

As for Imladris' primary siege weapons, I like the Da Vinci catapult the best, but I also like the ideas of ballistae piercing and pulling gates open. Perhaps, that could be their version of the ram? It seems appropriately complicated for the Noldor. To balance it out, perhaps the cord can be cut if the ballista is damaged enough, requiring it to reload.

d0m0a

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #76 am: 1. Apr 2016, 20:30 »
It's only an idea.

Could you do a type of hyper siege weapon that causes more damage that the others faction's siege weapons, but yeah, will be really costly in recourse and CP, and could be like this:

When gets out of the siege building place, it will be 'undeployed', as a cart. Will not attack and have a button named 'deploy'

When deploy button is pushed, it will tace some seconds, but then it will turn into a stationed potent siege weapon able to destroy buildings and walls with some shots, and have the button 'undeploy', for put in his 'undeployed' form. Is the 'only' form of protect the weapon if attacked.

This could give to the Elves the strongest siege weapon of the game, but not with the heavy handicap of have to be undeployed for move and deployed for shoot.

Edited for put the correct terms
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Apr 2016, 13:51 von d0m0a »

NoldorSithLordsShipwright

• Gast
« Antwort #77 am: 2. Apr 2016, 09:34 »
The term you're looking for is probably deploy and undeploy, not mount and dismount. But that's also a fantastic idea. Gameplay-wise, it also solves that annoying problem of siege moving when you don't want it to.

Aule the creator

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #78 am: 12. Apr 2016, 11:38 »
catapaults for imaldris  :o what was wrong with the wizards or light bringers i think they was perfect i think you guys should make eagles a part of there siege since you know the eagles are a big part of the lore and you guys removed them you use to be able to make an eagles nest at the fortress i think you guys should bring that back im not sure if you guys ever tried out edain 3.8.1 hs 3.3 but with ring you could summon eagles of manwe and there are 2 or 3 different heroes for the eagles that they added from the books Gwaihir, Thorondor, Landroval  but since you guys are thinking of new seige bringing back the eagles nest  would be perfect give them some nice skills like for example since throrondor is the king and it says he was the biggest so u could make him the bigger than the other eagles immune to arrows and seige tank and he should cost more then the other 2 and have alot of health points im not sure but i think you guys added the Gwaihir already which is amzing but i think everyone should look into it maybe add your own ideas for the eagles but we need some sky units for smaug and the dragon lord and all the fell beast we need some permanent eagles on the battle field and it says the eagles are immortal and they are a big part of imaldris lore  imaldris and plus we have enough trebuchets and catapaults some people

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #79 am: 12. Apr 2016, 11:58 »
First of all, use punctuation please.

Anyway, how would eagles be able to damage stone walls or gates? Thats the point of the siege weapons, and eagles are certainly not a good alternative for catapults. Why shouldnt Imladris use catapults anyway?

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #80 am: 12. Apr 2016, 12:05 »

+1

d0m0a

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #81 am: 12. Apr 2016, 20:53 »

+1

Anyway, how would eagles be able to damage stone walls or gates? Thats the point of the siege weapons, and eagles are certainly not a good alternative for catapults. Why shouldnt Imladris use catapults anyway?

That's right. Siege weapons's finality is destroy buildings and walls. The eagles are more like mass slayer units.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #82 am: 12. Apr 2016, 23:49 »

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Aule the creator

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #84 am: 13. Apr 2016, 12:49 »
i just wanted to give you guys a nice idea , some new eagle heroes would be nice i dont know if you are going to be able to recruit heroes from the  fortress but if its the same building from 3.8.1 then at least you can get some heroes at fort  and how will the eagles do damage to walls ? im pretty sure the edain team can add damage to the eagles maybe give king of the eagles a passive ability that gives boost to other eagles they can destroy trebuchets and catapaults and units towers even tho upgraded arrows should do damage on any flying units including eagles but if u let army fight then use eagles  theyll probally still need battering ram for gate sorry for not using perfect grammar

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #85 am: 13. Apr 2016, 14:43 »
I was not referring to your grammar, I was referring to your punctuation, like dots "." and comma's ",". I'm not trying to offend you or something but using these makes reading your posts a lot easier. Lol at those +1's though :D.

Anyway, I meant how is it realistic for Eagles to damage stone walls with their claws? Can you damage a brick with your nails? To break the gate they must fly very low or even land first, which makes them very vulnerable to enemy units. Also siege weapons, like catapults, have a range advantage compared to eagles who can be shot down by enemy towers and archers very easily. If you just want to have another Eagle Hero then this is not the right thread to post into. You can make a seperate proposal about them but it's best to wait untill the faction is released to see if it's even necessary.

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #86 am: 13. Apr 2016, 15:14 »
Anyway, I meant how is it realistic for Eagles to damage stone walls with their claws? Can you damage a brick with your nails? To break the gate they must fly very low or even land first, which makes them very vulnerable to enemy units. Also siege weapons, like catapults, have a range advantage compared to eagles who can be shot down by enemy towers and archers very easily. If you just want to have another Eagle Hero then this is not the right thread to post into. You can make a seperate proposal about them but it's best to wait untill the faction is released to see if it's even necessary.

Yeah I won't be against a return of the eagles too, but they are clearly no siege weapons. Do you consider animals as siege weapons ? :D
Or we could have like... let me see... An eagle carrying stones in his claws and throwing them from the sky on the ennemy buildings ?  [ugly] [ugly] [ugly]

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #87 am: 13. Apr 2016, 15:27 »
Zitat
Or we could have like... let me see... An eagle carrying stones in his claws and throwing them from the sky on the ennemy buildings ?

Actually, I've heard worse. Nobody seems to be really bothered with the fact that Ents can form huge siege-size blocks of earth and stone from seemingly simple soil. Why should Eagles not be able to pick up debris of some sort and throw it onto a building?

It could serve as a back-up option. I'd rather have real and powerful siege engines for Rivendell though, they are master craftsmen after all.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

d0m0a

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #88 am: 13. Apr 2016, 17:06 »
Yeah, but between the idea of the eagles as siege weapon, and elite  units for aid units in battles

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #89 am: 13. Apr 2016, 17:23 »
The fact is that Eagles are indeed more powerful in the lore than what they could seem to in the films. Being them one of the few sentient species created and totally controlled by a Vala, they were part of immensely great deeds in Arda's long and sad History; above all, the Eagles' King managed to permanently wound Morgoth and they fought proudly against the Winged Dragons in the War of Wrath...
Therefore, I do think that they could be easily able to hold and throw huge rocks, like, if anyone can recall, the Griffins in Narnia  :D

Anyway, the point is that the Eagles were significantly less involved in the World's affairs in the late Third Age. Not to mention that highly advanced siege machines would be a far better option for conceptual/gameplay reasons, mainly to pay homage to the legendary craftsmanship and warfare knowledge of our beloved Noldor  ;)

Aulë, perfect grammar is absolutely not required nor suggested in this forum. Even though, in line with the general Suggestion Guidelines of MU, one should always try to write decently, in order to be understood properly (for the sake of its own proposals or replies).
Specifically, punctuation should be one of the main 'priorities'.

Zitat
Use clear and appropriate language. Abbreviations, spelling errors, missing punctuation or confusing formatting all make your post more frustrating to read and may reflect badly on an otherwise good idea.
Suggestion Guidelines