28. Mär 2024, 17:30 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Concerning Rohirrim Spearthrowers  (Gelesen 3180 mal)

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
Concerning Rohirrim Spearthrowers
« am: 22. Feb 2016, 14:57 »
Hello fellow Edain,
Does anyone use the Rohirrim Spearthrowers?
And if so HOW?
Their cost is too high, for their role, which I haven't found out so far...
If I'm not mistaken they cannot even get upgrades and I fear they do not attack buildings either.
I do not use them, but for being in the mod they are supposed to do something, I guess, has anyone found out what exactly?

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
Re: Concerning Rohirrim Spearthrowers
« Antwort #1 am: 22. Feb 2016, 15:27 »
Well they can get upgrades and they can attack Buildings, I can assure you of that :)

But, yes, they are not worth their cost.  Their role was supposed to be to protect your peasants from cavalry, and while they do that decently well, they are extremely weak to everything else.  Right now, they are pointless and not worth their high resource and cp cost. 

This subject was talked about in the Rohan Balance Suggestions thread, so if you want to see some suggestions for the Spear Throwers, I suggest you go there. 

http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31986.15.html

Maybe this thread should be merged with that thread as well, to keep the thoughts on Spear Throwers organized :)
« Letzte Änderung: 22. Feb 2016, 15:31 von Hamanathnath »

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #2 am: 22. Feb 2016, 16:42 »
At the moment, we are testing some changes to them in the internal. I can say that they are already improved a bit!
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #3 am: 23. Feb 2016, 00:28 »
Well I haven't tested them for a long time, so I don't remember anything paarticular about them, but I do recall that they are pretty weak offensively and defensively.
Anyhow thanks for you answers, I'll wait to see their changes and hopefully to find a way of using them.