19. Mär 2024, 12:00 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Total Journal  (Gelesen 15268 mal)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: The Total Journal
« Antwort #15 am: 1. Mär 2016, 13:40 »
Well, let's just say that Pergamon won't annoy me for much longer  [ugly]

This is but a small angle of a huge 4000 Macedonian vs ~6000 Pergamonian battle which was one of the best battle vs an AI I ever had. Very intense, the action was spread all over the map. Literally. Macedon came up on top (mostly due to my saving-grace shock cavalry) and the control in asia minor is finally shifting to my advantage.

Coming up next: The final annihilation of Athens!
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Mär 2016, 14:19 von hoho96 »

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #16 am: 4. Mär 2016, 11:27 »
It has come to it at last. The great battle of our time.
A devastated Athens finds itself defending its very walls in a hopeless battle against the most powerful army that has ever been raised in Greece.

During the course of its campaign throughout Greece, Macedon has managed to build up an unparalleled force of 8000 men (two full stacks) all very well armed and armored, and equipped with all kinds of war machines.

Siege towers, stone throwers, rams, and armored galleys. All to bring down the pride of Athens.

After the smoke of war has settled, the invincible phalanges march to claim their glory!

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #17 am: 6. Mär 2016, 21:25 »
So it begins.
The first battle in Caesar's campaign in Gaul, and the subjugation of the Tulingi.
Outnumbered by more than 2.5 times, Caesar didn't retreat. How could he? His entire ambition and future of the republic rest appone his success.
The barbarian hordes attacked from all sides, but extreme discipline and unparalleled training allowed the Romans to effectively trade casualties. With a killing rate of 10 to 1, the battle turned into a slaughter.
barely 20% of the enemy armies remained, of which the majority declared loyalty to Rome!

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #18 am: 25. Apr 2016, 17:19 »
A new day, a new journey..
Started a new campaign after DeI got updated. Now with a beta 1.15 version that incorporates one of the most interesting systems that I've ever seen in a Total War; a full population system with various parameters that contribute to your growth, prosperity, and your ability to recruit armies pretty much as it is in real life xD

This is actually the first time ever I play as Parthia, and it was GLORIOUS!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #19 am: 12. Apr 2017, 11:05 »
I have recently immersed myself again into the wonders of Rome 2, and I must admit it was a very pleasant return for me to the Total War series. Albeit a bit of disappointment when I had first played the game a couple of years ago, I had the opportunity to explore again the positive, well positive, sides of this chapter; leaving aside initial issues and controversy, it would be greatly unfair to the game, if one didn't acknowledge the great lot of work behind every detail and feature (historically speaking, in particular).

So, whilst expanding the majesty of Rome in the most cruel ways, and after bloody wars against barbarian tribes or decaying eastern empires, I rediscovered the considerable potential of this universe; which is probably the only platform that really allows one to live a truly strategic, tactical and historical adventure! All this pondering and tinkering, reinforced by my endeavour to make England an oceanic superpower in Empire Total War, led inevitably to me daydreaming about my ever-persistent desire to see a future Imperialism/WW1/WW2 chapter, with all the immensely diverse possibilities of the case. Something that would bring diplomacy, war, management of territories and strategy to a whole different level. What would you say about it? Would you deem that a promising outcome?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #20 am: 24. Apr 2017, 00:45 »
What do you personally envisage for the next chapter of Total War?

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #21 am: 26. Mai 2017, 17:14 »
Ancient Egypt, Syria and Mesopotamia would be a really awesome era that has probably never been well explored in games.
I would also love it if they gave the old Chinese empires some love too.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #22 am: 26. Mai 2017, 18:00 »
It would certainly be a breath of fresh air, were they to go back at the root of civilisation itself. The exploration of the most ancient sedentary communities in human history, unto the founding of the great old realms that antiquity has ever known. On top of all, I would say that Egypt and Babylonia would do wonderfully as dominant powers to play.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #23 am: 29. Jul 2017, 13:13 »
The Total Journal is back!

and today we have some Toxotai Syrakoi
The scale armored Syrian archers were considered some of the best archers in the world in the classical era, and almost all empires who came to the region tried to recruit them, most notably the Roman Republic/Empire where Syrains along with Cretans formed the majority of the archer contingents in the legions.

Stay tuned for next time when the heirs of Alexander starts the reclamation of the empire!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #24 am: 3. Jan 2018, 00:36 »
Do you recall that famous mournful theme that kept on haunting my head, which I mentioned at the beginning of the thread? Well, gentle attendees of the topic, I finally found the proper theme from the official Rome Total War soundtrack. I guess the very sound could easily describe all the sorrows the Elves had to endure throughout their grievous history. It might really make for an excellent lament about the Elder Days of Arda.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2kRogeFLdOw

Shagrat

• Reisender nach Valinor
  • We are the... äh... THE KLATCHIAN FOREIGN LEGION
« Antwort #25 am: 10. Jan 2018, 22:26 »

It was at the Survivor Series that the dark path of the Undertaker was born. It seems like an eternity ago that the demons of hell passed judgement on the mortal world and unleashed a creature of the night so powerful that the mention of it's very name sends shivers down to the spines of who oppose him
You look into the eyes of the Reaper and you'll see that your fate is sealed!

Sollten Banner und Avatar nicht Synchron sein, einfach mal mit Strg + F5 aktualisiern

Leiter des HdR-Matchup-Threads

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #26 am: 11. Jan 2018, 01:12 »
Very interesting. I'm quite intrigued by the announcement of this new endeavour, even though I admit I wish the modern or contemporary eras were explored as well. We shall see. In the meantime, let us enjoy this forthcoming chapter, being aware that it's still a joy that games of this kind are even made in the first place.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #27 am: 4. Feb 2018, 00:16 »
The whole iconic soundtrack of Rome Total War, whose tracks have truly given another meaning to the game, providing it with that complementary flavour and extremely characteristic atmosphere.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=12HXnYNA6Cg