28. Mär 2024, 23:10 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: barrow rangers  (Gelesen 2260 mal)

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
  • you know nothing j... sorry wrong place
barrow rangers
« am: 28. Feb 2016, 22:54 »
So first of all :
thanks a lot the Barrow downs are really frustrating, i try to make a script that make that when you go with one kind of unit, the hole dunedains of the map rally the player who have put his unit inside the camp but i can't find how to make it, if you have an idea ^^ (the rangers have to attack only evil factions) and also i want that on some places, when you walk, you have an ambush of rangers (the CaH ability that fire on the unit in the center of the circle but meh, don't work too :(
Ask Gnomi or Drhouse they will be able to help you with that :)
well i think that someone else can also help me, if you have an idea... :)

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Re: barrow rangers
« Antwort #1 am: 28. Feb 2016, 23:14 »
Zitat
on some places, when you walk, you have an ambush of rangers (the CaH ability that fire on the unit in the center of the circle
I think the best way would be to create a trigger area. Your script will determine if units are inside it, then drop the object used by the summon, and start a timer that will prevent the script to activate itself again for a certain time.

Zitat
the rangers have to attack only evil factions
I would create a new team for the rangers and create scripts, that find out the faction of each player and set the alliance afterwards.
If this should also apply for the units summoned (the ones in the circle) it is much more tricky, because they automatically belong to the standard team of the controlling player. You have to either create a recursive script that finds all units spawned and change the team of each of them to the desired team. Another posibility would be to give all good units a special KindOf per map.ini, and to change the weaponset of the rangers such that they use a weapon, which deals no damage against this KindOf.

One other possibility I see would be to work with capturable flags. You have to make every unit of them capturable on their own, and give each of them a flag (moving with them), which can be ownly conquered by good factions.
The same can work of course, too if you use instead of the capturing by flags the on of settlements and outposts. But then you have to have always supporting units nearby such that they won't change to neutral again.

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
  • you know nothing j... sorry wrong place
Re: barrow rangers
« Antwort #2 am: 28. Feb 2016, 23:23 »
Thanks I'll try it :)