28. Mär 2024, 20:48 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The History of Middle Earth book – Availability and Cost  (Gelesen 4062 mal)

ahdover

• Bilbos Festgast
  • "I have faced the Great Serpents of the North"
Are there any copies out there that aren't ridiculously expensive?

Thanks,

~Dover
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Mär 2016, 17:12 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: The History of Middle-earth
« Antwort #1 am: 29. Feb 2016, 18:43 »
I honestly don't really know.

Though, keep in mind that this section is aimed to be a space in which people can discuss together about books and films; but, it's quite taken for granted that a lore-oriented and theoretical/speculative approach is generally how we are supposed to deal with this section's themes  :)

Questions of this kind can easily be managed in the wide and wild lands of the Internet.

Saruman der Bunte

• Held von Helms Klamm
  • Es gibt nichts Praktischeres als eine gute Theorie
« Antwort #2 am: 29. Feb 2016, 18:44 »
The History of Middle Earth is published in twelve books, and (usually) 10 Pound/Dollars/Euros per book on Amazon isn't exactly "ridiculously expensive".

"Zwei Dinge erfüllen das Gemüt mit immer neuer und zunehmenden Bewunderung und Ehrfurcht, je öfter und anhaltender sich das Nachdenken damit beschäftigt: Der bestirnte Himmel über mir, und das moralische Gesetz in mir."
                   -Immanuel Kant-

Dank an CMG für das Banner und den Avatar!

ahdover

• Bilbos Festgast
  • "I have faced the Great Serpents of the North"
« Antwort #3 am: 29. Feb 2016, 19:27 »
The compilation I came up with is around $200.

Saruman der Bunte

• Held von Helms Klamm
  • Es gibt nichts Praktischeres als eine gute Theorie
« Antwort #4 am: 29. Feb 2016, 19:49 »
For twelve books it's not that much. Also; you don't have to buy them all at once, and if you do there is a complete set for 170$ on Amazon.com and for 140 pounds/euros on Amazon Uk/Germany. So you won't have to pay 200$! ;)

"Zwei Dinge erfüllen das Gemüt mit immer neuer und zunehmenden Bewunderung und Ehrfurcht, je öfter und anhaltender sich das Nachdenken damit beschäftigt: Der bestirnte Himmel über mir, und das moralische Gesetz in mir."
                   -Immanuel Kant-

Dank an CMG für das Banner und den Avatar!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: The History of Middle-earth book – Availability and Cost
« Antwort #5 am: 1. Mär 2016, 17:09 »
As I wrote above, a good research throughout the Internet might certainly provide useful elements for what you – ahdover – are seeking for.

If you have any further question, you can easily contact Saruman or other ones you know via PMs.
In case you are willing to establish a lore discussion, in the future, about this same book, you can PM me and I will see if I can restructure the thread according to that wish; otherwise, this topic is closed.

--- LOCKED ---