28. Mär 2024, 16:33 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Upcoming Middle Earth film? – Possible theorised scripts  (Gelesen 23979 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Upcoming Middle Earth film? – Possible theorised scripts
« Antwort #30 am: 11. Mär 2016, 00:33 »
Just to revive the flame of hope for an unlikely Silmarillion trilogy or sage, I want to share with you this great fan made trailer  :)

The initial words you can hear at the beginning are Fëanor's, referring also to the Valar.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LiYDlwg5xMc

aminetude

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Go back to the void from whence you came!"
« Antwort #31 am: 11. Mär 2016, 08:43 »
A very good combination of Narnia 3, clash of the titans, King Arthur ... I really like it  :), i do wish beyond hope to see such movie as soon as possible  :(
Such is the nature of evil, in time all foul things come forth.

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #32 am: 11. Mär 2016, 08:44 »
That's a really great trailer! Nice find :)
RPG:

aminetude

« Antwort #33 am: 13. Mär 2016, 16:05 »
This is very nice, a Saga following these major events would be extremly great and well welcomed by all the fans.
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozj8u7CyP3I
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJt3wu1amk0

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #34 am: 13. Mär 2016, 16:16 »
I know those videos.
The author has a great style in explaining things and displaying graphical features  :)

aminetude

« Antwort #35 am: 13. Mär 2016, 16:37 »
I know those videos.
The author has a great style in explaining things and displaying graphical features  :)
Yes that's very true, i am still now watching all his 29 videos about middle earth, i really like how he explains them, very simple but beautiful at the same time.
There is something i dont understand, Melkor brought Ungoliant to help him destroy the two trees, shouldn't the valar had sensed its presence before it reached the trees ?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #36 am: 13. Mär 2016, 18:28 »
If we really wanted to be very diligent (as I'm sure we are), we should deal with the question you made in the Lore Corner  :P
But, I think I can give you just a direct answer here, as long as it doesn't widen itself in a broader discussion  ;)

As far as I know, the Valar sensed Ungoliant, but only when she entered directly the Blessed Realm (beyond the Pelóri).
The Valar, the Maiar and the majority of all the Elves (Fëanor included), furthermore, were celebrating a festivity at the top of Taniquetil, in the Halls of Manwë and Varda.

They had not sensed Ungoliant before due to the fact that she had always been hiding herself in the very Aman (obviously, out of the Pelóri like Eldamar and Araman), in the dark and dangerous shores of Avathar (that the Light of Valinor didn't reach).
When she revealed herself to attack the Two Trees, the Lords of the West were definitely taken by surprise, and the Darkness of Ungoliant, described by Tolkien as the nemesis of Light itself rather than the absence of it (a sort of 'Dark Light', like what antimatter is compared to matter), had also the incredible power to temporarily darken everyone's sight (even Manwë's and Varda's) and to hide everyone imbued with it (Ungoliant and Melkor).

Yes, Ungoliant is really a terrible Maia  [ugly]
After she killed and absorbed the vital force of the Two Trees, she becomes titanic and it's inferred in the text that she briefly became more powerful than Melkor and the Valar themselves.
In fact, she was able to defeat the Royal Guard of the Valar and momentarily block the movements of Oromë and Tulkas!

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
  • you know nothing j... sorry wrong place
« Antwort #37 am: 15. Mär 2016, 11:33 »
i think that the middle earth world is big enough to make series of movies like the marvels :) it could be awesome to see, i dont know the fall of Arnor or the conquest of Gondor... :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #38 am: 22. Mär 2016, 23:45 »
And, it seems that someone else had my same idea of a 5-chapter saga for the Silmarillion  :D

Even though, I have to say, the titles of the chapters are not what I had in mind.
Great attempt anyway!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT-1MjThHEk

Shadowxgate

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #39 am: 31. Dez 2016, 02:57 »
Might be the best option to make a Silmarillion movie would be to divide it into the most important parts (beren and luthien, children of Hurin, the fall of gondolin) and make them all into a series of multiple movies. beren and luthien can be divided in the taking of the silmaril and in a second movie where it focuses more on the hatred between dwarves and elves, children of hurin could be divided into the phase where turin is in menegroth over to the point where he becomes an out law, etc you get the picture

not sure if that would be any good but its an idea, to make multiple movies rather than one (also peter jackson would be ok with trilogies so maybe)

Mateiyu

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #40 am: 11. Jan 2017, 16:25 »
Hi all !

I just thought (well, not really "just", I've been thinking about it for a time ^^) of something.
I've always really loved all the "Unfinished Tales",and stories or details from the "Lord of the Rings" Appendices, and now (given how much is invested by broadcasters into shows such as "Game of Thrones" to only name one) I wonder if a TV show about one or several of those "side-events" wouldn't be a good idea...

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #41 am: 7. Jul 2017, 00:24 »
Gentle attendees of this topic, do you remember when we talked about a possible trilogy for the Silmarillion to be brought on the big screen? Well, as a very fortunate coincidence, I have just found this interesting article, whose author has too envisaged a three-chapter structure: the first film will be the prologue and main presentation of the whole War of the Jewels, the second is to deal with the tale of our Beren and Lúthien (thus introducing the evergreen Sauron as villain) and the final part is supposed to represent things going down and reaching the lowest point, until the War of Wrath and the arrival of Eärendil. Here you may browse the article.

The quite appalling (in a good sense) thing is that we both have had pretty much the same ideas (a very similar scheme according to which the project ought to be ordered). Interesting...