28. Mär 2024, 22:54 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Upcoming Middle Earth film? – Possible theorised scripts  (Gelesen 23995 mal)

aminetude

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Go back to the void from whence you came!"
We all wanted to know if another middle-earth movie will be made by Peter Jackson and his team, and since WB(=Warner Bros) got only the rights to LOTR and The Hobbit, it won't be very safe to presume they will make a movie about the Silmarillion, or based on any of the other books, but i guess they are two options that can be used, and probably will be used by WB to create another movie/movies,
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Mär 2016, 18:37 von DieWalküre »
Such is the nature of evil, in time all foul things come forth.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
Re: Upcoming middle earth film/films
« Antwort #1 am: 2. Mär 2016, 23:19 »
If there were to come a new Middle Earth movie it wont be made by Jackson, because he also stated that the Hobbit was the last time he would make one. But ofcourse I would love it if they would make more ME movies, I just hope there will be a director willing to do it. For WB it should also be good because ME movies are like goldmines.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 3. Mär 2016, 01:36 »
Well, thank you for reading and sorry for the long paragraph, if you think i am just saying nonsense i wouldn't mind at all, it is just what appears to me after taking a while to think of it.

Long paragraphs are really not an issue here, fortunately  xD

Well, I too would love to see other films about Middle Earth, and, specifically, I always dream and wonder in the depths of my mind whether someone will ever make a monumental and Oscar-worthy trilogy regarding the Silmarillion (only the War of the Jewels itself).
But, I'm also definitely aware that the chances are not really so high, at least in the meantime; and, as much as I thoroughly appreciated the whole Hobbit momentum, I would really like to see a return of the epic and majestic aura of the LOTR trilogy, of which Alfrid, Hilda Bianca or the zombie trolls were not part.

Anyway, since the Appendices deal with the Silmarillion, the Second Age and the whole Third Age too, I think there could indeed be various interesting aspects and events to explore in possible films  :)

Elrond probably refers to the Watchful Peace, which started, in the lore, when Gandalf visited Dol Guldur for the first time, almost 1000 years before the actual attack on Dol Guldur by the White Council (what is shown in the Hobbit).
But, yes, given the trilogy's particular interpretation, that 'peace' could rightly refer to the relatively stable equilibrium after the end of the war in the North.

aminetude

« Antwort #3 am: 3. Mär 2016, 23:15 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Upcoming Middle Earth film?
« Antwort #4 am: 4. Mär 2016, 01:11 »
And, I would add that – beside graphical problematics – there would be the monumental scripting matters to cope with, as the plot would embrace more than 600 years (not to mention the needed references about the previous times of Arda).
It would be a very extraordinary task managing to create a decent ensemble about an almost 600-year timeline, preserving the majestic aura of these legendary events, as the standards are definitely set far higher than LOTR  :)

The connection about Thranduil and Dragons is a bit of a gamble, though, since we don't have really so much direct lore references about it.
But, I definitely think it's about the terrible facts that Thranduil had to face by participating in the War of Wrath (if some Sindar ever did it), when most of the Dragons unleashed by the Enemy were of the kind of the Urulóki, the first and original wingless and snake-like Dragons.
The Winged Dragons were unleashed only at last, against the Host of the Valar, and they were mainly slain by Eärendil and the Eagles of Manwë gathered in the sky.
I honestly doubt Thranduil had to directly fight against such evil and almost irreducible creatures (Winged Dragons); furthermore, he says Great Serpents, thus using a description very akin to the one of the Urulóki.

Besides, you are not always forced to use the spoiler feature, aminetude.
Long texts are more than welcome, here  ;)

aminetude

« Antwort #5 am: 4. Mär 2016, 08:50 »
I couldnt agree more, the timeline indeed will pose the biggest problem of them all i guess, and probably a trilogy might not be sufficient, i would even say a saga won't be enough, maybe they might do better, if it were to be turner into a serie, that way they could cover alot, although i doubt it will still have the same charm as the LOTR trilogy had.

And thanks about informing me of the spoiler thing  ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 4. Mär 2016, 14:32 »
You know, I never really liked the idea of a serie, because, as you wrote, it would diminish a lot the characteristic epic momentum and element of great films/trilogies like LOTR or the Hobbit.

A trilogy might be sufficient – more than three hours per film though – or a saga of 4/5 films too.
The key point is exactly how to manage to deal with all these years rich of extraordinary things with innovative ideas and techniques (flashbacks, flashforwards, beginning in medias res, gaps among periods,...).

Even though, I have to say that the computation of time and pretty methodical division of events in the whole War of the Jewels might indeed be proven as a very useful property.
It could be easier organising a plot around the Battles of Beleriand, the specific dates and the birth and fall of the kingdoms in the actual story.

Therefore, I believe the person who will be able to achieve said things will definitely be worthy of an Oscar or more than one.
I often make some attempts in my mind about it, but, for now, I don't really have the time to get involved in such director-like matters  :P

Who knows, maybe in the future...

aminetude

« Antwort #7 am: 4. Mär 2016, 16:15 »
I often make some attempts in my mind about it, but, for now, I don't really have the time to get involved in such director-like matters  :P
I never knew you had dealings with directing Mr. Walkure hahaha  xD xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #8 am: 5. Mär 2016, 17:15 »
It's just my mind wandering through unexplored spaces of imagination  xD

By the way, aminetude and people who are interested, I think we could play a bit, just for our amusement, by creating a script and plot structure for a hypothetical Silmarillion trilogy/saga  :)

I had thought about three films, each having different titles, but all having the name Silmarillion as the saga/trilogy title; as Lord of the Rings is for the three chapters of the LOTR trilogy.

aminetude

« Antwort #9 am: 6. Mär 2016, 15:08 »
That's an interesting idea !
You know, i myself always try to re-imagine the dol'guldur fight scene, wich will properly respect the lore, i was hoping to see the three rings more involved since we were promised that this particular scene was extremely beautifull, but unfortunetly it didnt add much material, i mean we didnt even see the strongest of the three, vilya ! I always try to think of Saruman the white using his light powers, since in the book it was by his devices that sauron was driven out of Dol'guldur, it wasnt explained if there was a fight or not, but logically why Sauron would place himself near the presence of the white council, unless he is very prepared for them, i actually think Sauron may intially had taken dol'guldur to draw the white council to him, and slaughter them. Also Galadriel in her dark form was cool, but not very lore accurate, i dont mean i didnt like her, but we know galadriel can take the dark side only if the ring was given to her, and she accepts it, but anyway i could think she was a powerful witch, and she could a lot of magic. The thing that pains me most, is we didnt see much of the lady of light, i mean she is called the white lady, lady of light... These names bind her to the light and good in the world, i actually think the battle should have gone this way ( note that i won't say galadriel will heal gandalf, since in the book he already was strong and helped them fight against the Necromencer):

HAHA this is just but a tought, i think of many possible scenarios, i just got this one in my head right now  :D
PS: this is an interesting thread, do you think we should create another appropriate post for it ?
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Mär 2016, 14:42 von aminetude »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #10 am: 7. Mär 2016, 00:58 »
That, aminetude, really was what I call like a very intense stream of thoughts.
I understand you well, since I too often do that operation in my mind, always trying to find a stabler and more innovative concept out of my personal vision and knowledge  ;)

Anyway, I was mainly focused on the Silmarillion, as it could be an interesting and plausible choice in case something else of Middle Earth were ever brought to screen again.

I can nonetheless modify a bit the title of this thread, if you want, in order to make it a wider space for possible upcoming films and speculations based on fan-thought scripts  :)

The destiny of this topic is all in your hands, aminetude  xD

VectorMaximus

• RPG Team [en]
  • Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
« Antwort #11 am: 7. Mär 2016, 04:15 »
I would definitely agree a Silmarillion movie would be awesome (sad it's unlikely) . I would particularly enjoy a movie that deals with the degradation and political infighting in Tirion after Morgoth spreads his lies, ultimately culminating in the Rebellion of the Noldor.
"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #12 am: 7. Mär 2016, 11:02 »
Dealing with all the causes that built up the Noldor's resentment and caused their Exile would be extremely fascinating.

Even though, I believe it would suitably get into a possible plot in the form of each Noldorin Prince/Princess' memories, while they are stable in Beleriand.
For example, Galadriel recalling in Doriath the moment she stood up firmly in front of all the other members of her Royal Family and advocated the 'return to Middle Earth' cause  :)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #13 am: 7. Mär 2016, 12:36 »
@aminetude:
And the Oscar for the best Hobbit fighting scene goes to... *drums* ...aminetude!!!  xD
I would definitely have liked this more than the weird sweaty Galadriel.

Anyway, regarding the topic at hand, a Silmarilion movie(s) are doable (forget the license for a minute), but a Silmarilion movie in a LOTR caliber is definitely NOT doable at all.
From a pure movie critic pov, the time frame and setup is not movie-friendly at all. Due to the long time scale of the story, the development of events and growth of characters will either be too rushed, or too long. Just imagine what would it be like if Boromir's fall to the ring happened right after they left Revindel, or if Boromir didn't have any screen time involving Frodo and the ring until they were on AmonHen.
As I see it, the only story from the first age that actually make sense for a movie is the tale of Beren and Luthien.

Anyway, my personal favorite is a movie about the Fall of Arnor following two close friends from Rhudaur. When the eternal winter comes (i.e the Witch King) one of them chose to join the Witch King and became one of his captains, while the other didn't forsake his people and went to join the Dunedain of Arthadain.
The movie would climax at the battle of Amon Sul where one of them kill the other.
This would make a great standalone movie while at the same time keeps the door open for more sequels (following the war in general, but through the eyes of different characters. For example the second movie can follow a ranger of Cardoline, while the final may follow the last prince of Arthadain).

aminetude

« Antwort #14 am: 7. Mär 2016, 14:12 »
I can nonetheless modify a bit the title of this thread, if you want, in order to make it a wider space for possible upcoming films and speculations based on fan-thought scripts  :)
The destiny of this topic is all in your hands, aminetude  xD
I would definetly be more than glad to have you change the title to make it suitable for this rich content' discussion. I have no idea of the new title, but any Silmarillion friendly title would do the work hahaha, i know you will come up with something great  ;)

And the Oscar for the best Hobbit fighting scene goes to... *drums* ...aminetude!!!  xD
I would definitely have liked this more than the weird sweaty Galadriel.
Thanks hoho96, that's very nice of you  xD.
And i adored your idea about the two friends, one goes evil and one goes good, i would even say if they were brothers it could make it much more interesting, and the death of one of them, or both ( i imagine after one kills the other, he suicides due to regret and pain ), it would be much more appealing than the Tauriel & Kili ending ( with all my respect to the fans of these two). Just wonderful, really a wonderful and amazing tought  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Mär 2016, 14:37 von aminetude »