19. Mär 2024, 07:14 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Dol Guldur orcs rework  (Gelesen 5664 mal)

Azog The Defiler

• Pförtner von Bree
Dol Guldur orcs rework
« am: 5. Mär 2016, 00:13 »
Hello Edain community!:)

I think many of us would love to see the DG orcs improved a little. When i see all the attention the Dwarves have been getting and the completely amazing designs they have gotten, i can just picture what Edain could accomplish for the DG orcs now that they have a lot more material to go on.
And im not hoping for any of this any time soon, but soon we will have our glorious dwarves and Angmar, so maybe between this one and the next faction release:)

1.Dol Guldur orcs rework

Visual changes

Banner carrier

New animation
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Mai 2016, 17:04 von Azog The Defiler »
Elves! Men! Dwarves! The mountain will be their tomb! To war!

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
Re: Dol Guldur orcs rework (also trolls)
« Antwort #1 am: 7. Mär 2016, 11:06 »
In my opinion there is nothing wrong with the Dol Guldur Orcs. Also, I don't believe changing visuals is a priority of the team. The case with the Dwarves is that they with the visual changes each sub-faction needed a new playing style as well.
Anyhow, I don't find your arguments very convincing. Especially the one considering armour, I can only say that with units that are used massively (all standard units, essentially) it is only a pain for the game engine to deal with detailed images, that is it becomes slower for us.
The banner carrier could give the units a nice touch but without any image reference I cannot know what that looks like.
The archers are perfectly fine this way, they are recognisable as Dol Guldur Orcs.
The poison attacks are also a clear indication of how these orcs have an offensive benefit opposed to the Morannon Orcs. The argument that Minas Morgul is more known for its poison is invalid, because it only exists through the Morgul blades and daggers that the Nazgul carry. You hardly expect regular Orcs to carry them, do you?

The trolls are a difficult subject of discussion. They are meant to be upgraded and upset the enemy frontline mainly, while also doing significant building damage. The fact that the upgrade is done in two stages gives people the tactical choice of sending in first the trolls that have only armour to upset the pikemen, and then send in another with armour and a hammer/sword to deal with other infantry.

Azog The Defiler

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: Dol Guldur orcs rework (also trolls)
« Antwort #2 am: 7. Mär 2016, 19:15 »
They do look outdated compared to the dwarves.
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Mai 2016, 16:14 von Azog The Defiler »
Elves! Men! Dwarves! The mountain will be their tomb! To war!

LordMaus

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Re: Dol Guldur orcs rework
« Antwort #3 am: 3. Aug 2016, 18:39 »
In my opinion, edain team should work on mordor in much detail after they release the goblin faction. Evil factions need more care really. In my eyes, edain team is making much cool designs for good factions which can be seem from Imladris,Mirkwood etc. too:p

I am agree with Azog The Defiler's opinion too here.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Re: Dol Guldur orcs rework
« Antwort #4 am: 3. Aug 2016, 18:41 »
Zitat
In my opinion there is nothing wrong with the Dol Guldur Orcs
Right. The Dol Guldur orcs are looking fantastic with a pretty high visual detail and we dont want to "rework" or "change" them in any way. That's been said, im going to close this thread.