28. Mär 2024, 19:14 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Restoring the old ring system for citadels  (Gelesen 1781 mal)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
Restoring the old ring system for citadels
« am: 7. Mär 2016, 18:55 »
Greetings, companions of the Edain!

I'm trying to restore the old ring system of BFME2 (the one where you had to bring the Ring to your fortress and then you could recruit a predefined Ringhero) for a special map feature I'm working on (and I've almost finished it. This is the only thing left^^)
However, I'm encountering a weird bug. I've managed to make the units carrying the ring to enter the Citadel, and then, once entered, the Ring is removed from them. However, here is where things mess them up: the visual effect of the Ring still remains on the units, and I'm not able to recruit the Ringhero from the citadel.

I looked inside the default scripts of ROTWK, and I saw that the fortresses don't have any CommandSetUpgrade when they receive the Ring, but instead the Ringhero is an "ordinary" hero recruitable when you brings the Ring there. This is the codes I'm using:

If the explanation isn't clear enough, I'll try to post a video of the bug

Thorin King under the Mountain

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Will you follow me, one last time?
Re: Restoring the old ring system for citadels
« Antwort #1 am: 9. Mär 2016, 17:02 »
Hmmm good question, i would suggest you hide the old gondor fortress behind the normal citadel so that only the main building is showing, but unchecking the "IsSelectableOverwrite" button. I didnt test it, but just a suggestion  xD