28. Mär 2024, 20:32 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: a new game  (Gelesen 8141 mal)

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
  • you know nothing j... sorry wrong place
a new game
« am: 14. Mär 2016, 22:36 »
Does anyone have an idea or an info about a potential new game by the monolith and Warner Bross on the lotr world :)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: a new game
« Antwort #1 am: 15. Mär 2016, 08:01 »
As far as I know the only LOTR themed game that is coming is a sequel to shadow of mordor (still not totally confirmed though).
RTS/TBS are totally off the table, which kind of makes me lose hope in anything that takes LOTR seriously except for Edain  [ugly]

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 15. Mär 2016, 08:36 »
Do you think it would be possible to see something about the Hobbit trilogy as a whole in form of (primarily) PS3/PS4 games?
There was a similar serie for LOTR and it had a huge success in the past.

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #3 am: 15. Mär 2016, 08:39 »
Do you think it would be possible to see something about the Hobbit trilogy as a whole in form of (primarily) PS3/PS4 games?
There was a similar serie for LOTR and it had a huge success in the past.

Unlikely, in my opinion. The Hobbit movies are already released and normally these types of movie games came out at the same time of the movies they were based upon.
RPG:

Estel

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #4 am: 15. Mär 2016, 09:30 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 15. Mär 2016, 09:44 »

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
« Antwort #6 am: 15. Mär 2016, 12:13 »
i would like a game in an open world like Skyrim or something else :)

Darkayah

• Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • The old blood will unite them, but destroy all
« Antwort #7 am: 15. Mär 2016, 12:38 »
i would like a game in an open world like Skyrim or something else :)

I agree with you.  :)
Grüße Darkayah

Of old blood, magic, fire and darkness!
The old blood will unite them all, but causes the  world to be destroyed!
-Prophecy of Valarya

Lust auf eine alternative Mittelerde Geschichte und dazu ein RPG? ?
Der Thron von Mittelerde

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
« Antwort #8 am: 15. Mär 2016, 12:53 »
But i would like to see a realistic game without a extensible inventory where you carry five armors six swords and when you take a little flower bam you can't run anymore :)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #9 am: 15. Mär 2016, 16:33 »
If I was to make a list of all the LOTR games I'd pay a hefty buck for it'd look something like that:
-LOTR Trilogy Open-ish world
-Middle Earth Open World with Evil and Good campaign
-BFME3
-The Hobbit Open-ish world

It would be also really fun to be able to play from the perspective of each member of the fellowship, even Boromir.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
« Antwort #10 am: 15. Mär 2016, 16:43 »
A nice thing could be; the player can choose between dwarf men and elf and then choose between different people :)
And bfme 3 I play it every time I play edain mod :)

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #11 am: 15. Mär 2016, 19:32 »
not sure how most other LotR fans like the concept of "alternate endings" in their games (most reviews of Lord of the Rings Conquest knocked the game for having an Evil side alternate ending), but i did have an interesting concept for a Lord of the Rings-based game.

you play as Aragorn, starting with him as a young man shortly before his mother dies. then you get to kind of "free roam" throughout Middle Earth, hunting orcs with the Sons of Elrond, keeping Eriador safe with the Rangers, fighting in wars with Gondor and Rohan, traveling to Lorien, Harad, etc. interacting with Gandalf, Elrond, many significant characters from the lore (and new ones as well)

then the "endgame", or the main quest as it were, starts with Gandalf sending you on a little errand to find Gollum. seems simple enough, right? WRONG! you have to chase him everywhere, even to the borders of Mordor, then finally you capture him and have to take him back to Mirkwood, all the while he tries to escape and fights with you. then you go back to your side-quests and orc-hunting, then suddenly Gandalf sends you back to Bree (which at this point is kind of a hub in central Eriador) to guide some Half-ling friends of his to Rivendell.

the rest goes as one might expect, but with a twist. throughout the "bulk" of the story, you are around people who tell you about the history of Men and you get to experience their cultures firsthand. this will then drive your choice, which will also decide how the game ends. you can choose to follow the right path and become King of Gondor and Arnor (which should be difficult to achieve, though obviously more rewarding for it being the "right" ending), or just win the war as a "chieftain of the Rangers" and disappear back into the North. or you can let everyone down, try to take the Ring and claim mastery over it. granted this would make the game MUCH harder, as most of your allies would now forsake you and Sauron would throw everything at you (if he hasn't already taken the Ring from you one way or another), but you might, if you're lucky, get to beat Sauron quicker and get the "tyrannical" ending
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #12 am: 24. Apr 2016, 10:25 »
1st person Children of Húrin game... Not like Shadow of Mordor, more realistic and more accurate...

So you play as Húrin, (I know, it's weird)...