28. Mär 2024, 19:43 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Need BFME modelling advice  (Gelesen 6135 mal)

Madin

• Hobbit
Need BFME modelling advice
« am: 23. Mär 2016, 14:35 »
I am looking to use BFME to practice modelling and texturing characters.

I plan on adding at least one hero (maybe more), based on another game, but that still fits the basic fantasy archetypes (Knight, Ranger, Healer, Wizard etc).

I am looking for advice as to what the best BFME version to place these types of heroes would be? Also I am looking for advice on the way that a typical character is constructed in terms of having varying armour and such things.

I chose BFME because I see that it already has a lot of the animations and FX that could be used, if I provided the model.

My modding background is C&C3, and I have only ever modelled structures an vehicles before, never characters.

Thanks for any help!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Need BFME modelling advice
« Antwort #1 am: 23. Mär 2016, 17:47 »
I am looking to use BFME to practice modelling and texturing characters.

I plan on adding at least one hero (maybe more), based on another game, but that still fits the basic fantasy archetypes (Knight, Ranger, Healer, Wizard etc).

I am looking for advice as to what the best BFME version to place these types of heroes would be? Also I am looking for advice on the way that a typical character is constructed in terms of having varying armour and such things.

I chose BFME because I see that it already has a lot of the animations and FX that could be used, if I provided the model.

My modding background is C&C3, and I have only ever modelled structures an vehicles before, never characters.

Thanks for any help!

There is a specific board involving Modelling.
I will move everything there  :)

MOVED

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
  • you know nothing j... sorry wrong place
« Antwort #2 am: 25. Mär 2016, 08:02 »
Yes but nobody come here  [ugly]

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 25. Mär 2016, 09:52 »
Yes but nobody come here  [ugly]

It's not quite true as you came here too  ;)
Anyway, it doesn't matter. This is the exact board that specifically concerns Modelling.

I'm sure someone will reply soon.
We just have to wait (with patience).

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
« Antwort #4 am: 25. Mär 2016, 09:56 »
there are four topics and twoo haven't any answers   xD but indeed it's the right board

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 25. Mär 2016, 10:01 »
there are four topics and twoo haven't any answers   xD but indeed it's the right board

I promise I will take care of your legitimate concern and inform the Edain Team about this  :)

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
« Antwort #6 am: 25. Mär 2016, 14:07 »

thanks a lot :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #7 am: 5. Sep 2016, 15:42 »
Hi Elessar, I bring words from the Edain Team  :)

Ealendril recently made many detailed tutorials in the German Modding Corner, that encompass very diverse aspects of the whole modding activity. Although they are in German, they should be able to be understood quite clearly by anyone. In the worst cases, you could always use Google Translate or other devices to help you get through them carefully.

Unfortunately, there are not so many people here with the proper skills to create wide-ranging tutorials even for the English Community. That would absolutely be a daunting work to do and, since there is still a major faction (probably the most particular of all) that is due to be released and other significant changes, time is thus mainly spent on those forthcoming priorities. Hoping to see some new initiatives in the future, this is the current state of things.