27. Apr 2024, 07:45 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Aragorn and Gandalf the Grey improvements  (Gelesen 14001 mal)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Re: Aragorn and Gandalf the Grey improvements
« Antwort #30 am: 30. Mär 2016, 19:27 »
There is something you are overlooking about Aragorn drhouse, he can use Blademaster WHILE mounted on Brego. No other hero in the game has both a mount and blademaster, except Eowyn, but hers only gives armor, and only small armor against non hero damage. Aragorns Blademaster remains one of the best slayer type powers in the game, giving a great armor and damage boost against everything, combined with a mount, makes him one of the most formidable hero killers in the game, who can also do great damage against units. Don't forget about Elendil either, scattering armies to escape or allow your armies to pick them off while they flee can be devastatingly effective, and I have used it to decide battles. Like I said before, you are asking for too much, and if you ask for a complete overhaul its not likely to happen, and frankly, it doesn't need to. He just needs a bit of a tweak for his final 2 abilities at level 10, he doesn't need a complete overhaul.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #31 am: 30. Mär 2016, 19:38 »
Don't misunderstand me, I know it has access to his Blade master while mounted in the actual version, that's why I'd like to limit that skill on when he's on foot: by granting it while he's mounted too would make it a little OP

About the Elendil skill, it can be useful to send away units, but against heroes isn't so useful for a small reason: if he's fighting an enemy hero and units are interferring, while he casts his Elendil skill (let's suppose he has already used his Blade master skill), he can still be attacked by the hero. Also, the ability will take some time before its effects are applied, time in which he could be still attacked by nearby units, as well as the above mentioned enemy heroes and even ranged units (when mounted, furthermore, he's also more visible and therefore more targetable in the middle of the crowd, which will put him even more in danger)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #32 am: 30. Mär 2016, 20:02 »
So you argue that right now he isn't a strong enough hero killer late game, and then say that Blademaster while mounted is OP? You are contradicting yourself my friend. The weaknesses you listed with Elendil are only possible if you send Aragorn in alone, which you should NEVER do. If you are supporting him with an army and other heroes, then those problems go away. You must remember that heroes (except Sauron) are not 1 man armies in the Edain mod. You have to support them with troops and other heroes, even if they are a hero killer, and then do your best to micro them while the larger battle is going on.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #33 am: 30. Mär 2016, 20:20 »
There is something you are overlooking about Aragorn drhouse, he can use Blademaster WHILE mounted on Brego. No other hero in the game has both a mount and blademaster, except Eowyn, but hers only gives armor, and only small armor against non hero damage. Aragorns Blademaster remains one of the best slayer type powers in the game, giving a great armor and damage boost against everything, combined with a mount, makes him one of the most formidable hero killers in the game, who can also do great damage against units. Don't forget about Elendil either, scattering armies to escape or allow your armies to pick them off while they flee can be devastatingly effective, and I have used it to decide battles. Like I said before, you are asking for too much, and if you ask for a complete overhaul its not likely to happen, and frankly, it doesn't need to. He just needs a bit of a tweak for his final 2 abilities at level 10, he doesn't need a complete overhaul.
I am just curious, since you are one of the most experienced player we know, do you feel that Aragorn is an efficient hero killer when he is mounted? In the previous version I found the animation of mounted Aragorn is glitchy and laggy, his sword seems too long for mounted battle and the attack frequency is low, if you ordered him to attack some moving single units while he is mounted, he will just move and stop and move and stop...never get the chance to attack.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #34 am: 30. Mär 2016, 20:24 »
Ok, maybe I've explained that bad. What I'd like is not to nerf or remove his Blade master ability. We can all agree that one is a really powerful ability. What I'd like to see is his Brego and supporting skills more useful, because right now they're not so much efficient nor useful, in my opinion (what's the point of using Anduril/Elendil on Brego, rather than on foot?). Here's the whole point of my proposal: what better way to improve his supporting abilities, while debuffing his fighting skills, than actually changing his role ONLY when mounted on Brego?

If you don't agree with my proposal amen, I'm not forcing anyone to do that. I'm just trying to explain as clearly as possible my reasons and motivations to change the current representation of Aragorn :)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #35 am: 30. Mär 2016, 21:06 »
ziging, I have never had a problem with using Aragorn while mounted, but I don't do it that often, only when I need to chase down a fleeing enemy hero. Its better to have him on foot in the middle of your army to help him blend in, so enemy heroes don't focus him down.

drhouse, I agree with increasing the usefulness of his final leadership ability and giving him a better active power than Demand of the King, but I do not agree with a complete overhaul of Aragorn. He is already one of the most expansive heroes in the game in terms of how many different abilities he gets in all his different stages. I think the team would be open to tweaking his final 2 abilities a bit, but I seriously doubt they would give him a complete overhaul like you are proposing.