28. Mär 2024, 13:15 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Tower Wars for Edain 4.0+! (not finished)  (Gelesen 21068 mal)

MEpeace

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Where was Gondor, when the Westfold fell??!
Tower Wars for Edain 4.0+! (not finished)
« am: 26. Mär 2016, 22:47 »
Hello all!

After Edain 4.0 was released there is no Tower Wars Map.
Many said it's to difficult because of the building plots but I want to present you my concept.

Thats it!
This Map is for ALL so I want your meanings, feelings, ideas and maybe improvements :P

~MEpeace
"Where was Gondor, when the Westfold fell?"

"In Texas" - Cleverbot xDDD

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: Tower Wars for Edain 4.0+! (not finished)
« Antwort #1 am: 27. Mär 2016, 08:11 »

An Edain Tower Defense? Count me in. Love the idea [uglybunti] Now from what i see I have a couple ideas:
-I'd move the plots to be on the red carpet, it'll make it look more symmetrical
-how about one outpost for each player?
-I'd also puts some garrison-able towers in the corners just for diversity

also, what do you have planned spellbook-wise? will the player have access to it?

Finally, I'd like to point that this will probably end up in being a Lothlorien map, I mean all the faction are nice but name me one faction that has a max of 3 archers on all their buildings with possible silverthorn arrow upgrade.

Anyways, Just my thoughts, really excited for this  [uglybunti] [uglybunti] [uglybunti] [uglybunti]
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

MEpeace

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 27. Mär 2016, 11:35 »
First! Thank you for your detailed answer :)

1. You are right with the carpet but if you look at this pic.
you can see that every plot need some space because of the sice of the buildings. I will see how to handle that :P

2. There is no much space left for an outpost for each player because there will be 4 Players on this map. But I give it a thought ;)

3.That's a great idea! Didn't imagine that :D I will add some garrison-able towers.

4. I will don't touch the spellbook because each faction has uniqe abilities to use on this map. So I think that maybe someone will play gondor because of the oathbreaker or rohan for their ents. And you wil need some big abilities because some waves will be very hard(hero waves etc.) ;)

5. And the silverthorns: Every player starts with a special amount of money but nobody can build ressource buildings! So if you want play elves, at the beginng you can buy maybe 3 units and build some towers or 1-2 units, no towers but silverthorns. I just want to say that because of the missing money it will be difficult to full upgrade them in the first 10 waves ;) But we will see.
And I hope that this will be not only an elves map because it will be to easy and boring  ;)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #3 am: 27. Mär 2016, 16:50 »
Ahh, I didn't think of the plot issue, in that case I'd suggest just piling up two carpets or simply choosing another pattern which can be extended uniformly indefinitely.
If not outpost maybe simply inns customized slightly to be able to recruit elite archer units no matter the faction? or something similar.
The no money limitation might bring a balance, It'll be more fun like that  :) can't wait for it!!! Any hints on when it might be released?

MEpeace

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 27. Mär 2016, 17:18 »
I planned to script 100 waves(more will come with the time) and that will take a little while xD Currently I only scripted 3 waves just for testing. Also I need to script some other stuff.
So maybe if I am REALLY BORED, I could publish an early test version of this map tomorrow.
But I think it will still take some days to script all these waves.
So maybe expect a week or less for the first release :P

And I still work on my Black Gate map which also steals some time.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #5 am: 27. Mär 2016, 17:34 »
A week? That'd be awesome!!! But don't push yourself too hard, alright?

MEpeace

• Bilbos Festgast
New Ability Rohan!
« Antwort #6 am: 28. Mär 2016, 02:16 »
I had a new great idea for this map!!!
There will be new special abilities for everyone.

Concept:

-For every ability there will be a tent or something similar
-If you move your unit to this tent the ability will be activated
-Example Rohan:
-You can only use ONE ability every 5min(still searching best balanced time)

Now I need again your ideas, imaginations , visions!!! and concepts for other abilities :D

Hope you like this idea because I think it will make the normal BFME Tower Wars more fun and exciting ;)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #7 am: 28. Mär 2016, 07:27 »
Very impressive. I think you should base the ability not on time but on waves, every five waves or something similar. This would make the ability very unique and would also balance it. As for ideas
Gondor: Single line of Oathbreakers, Gondor knights (led by faramir), or for a bit more original maybe simply a map-wide horn of bormir with an extended period of effect.
Arnor: a flood (if possible), gondor knights (lead by Earnur), wind riders (led by glorfindel) or gigantic attack and attack speed increase (last effort to survive style)
Rohan: the rohirrim charge is great, i'd stick with that
Mordor: morgul rider charge, nazgul unveilled (all 9) charge, furry of mount doom on the whole path, massive debuff of speed and armour for enemy units
Isengard: warg riders charge (led by sharku), voice of saruman: units momentarrily walk the other way, bombs spawn and explode
Iron Hills: Ram riders (led by Dain)
Erebor: dale bownmen and brand appear on the sides and attack all enemy units temporarily
Ered Luin: lake-town bownmen and bard appear on the sides and attack all enemy units temporarily
Lothlorien: elk riders (led by thranduil), arrow volley on the whole path, temporary battalion of Caras Galadhon guards

Anyways, i'm sure people will come up with more ideas. Really excited for the map  [uglybunti] Also, what have you planned for reinforcements of gondor, harad, rhun and the khazad-dum veterans? where will they come in?

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #8 am: 28. Mär 2016, 14:04 »
I gotta say, I really like this concept.  And from what I've seen, this has the potential to be very fun.  Keep up the good work.  :)

Just some quick thoughts:

-I don't know if keeping the Spellbook for every faction exactly the same as it is now is the best idea.  Some of the Powers just won't do anything useful in a game of Tower Wars (Lothlorien's Mist, Dwarves Final Stand, Isengard's Industry (because there is no resource buildings), etc.). So maybe some minor changes need to be made.  Though I think having one generic Spellbook for every faction would take some of the fun out, so if it is not too much work, small changes to the spells would be great.  :)

-Are Ring Heroes going to be available for the players on this map?  I think that would be a cool option, if a bit too overpowered in some cases.

-While this might not be the case, I have a feeling that playing Isengard on this map will be a lot harder then other factions, just because of how Isengard plays in Edain.  To get Uruk Crossbows, you must buy the expensive upgrade, and then wait for it to complete, which take a while.  Uruk Crossbows are also the must expensive non-elite archers in the game.  Isengard in Edain really benefits from the discounts to their troops, upgrades, and buildings they get, but becuase there will be no resource buildings, it will very expensive for Isengard to do anything.  Yes, I guess you can go for a lot of Wildmen Axethrowers,  but they aren't the most reliable archers compared to the archers of other factions.  Now, Isengard being more difficult to use Might not be something that needs to be changed.  It might be cool to have a faction that is hard to use.  Just putting in my thoughts.

I really look forward to playing this map.   ;)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #9 am: 1. Apr 2016, 19:25 »

Just curious, not impatient, well a bit but don't rush it  xD

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #10 am: 2. Apr 2016, 13:37 »
I'm also looking for a EM 4.0+ Tower Defense map! I hope you managed to script and go along well with this project :D

MEpeace

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #11 am: 4. Apr 2016, 21:42 »
Hi all!
I have to apologize for my inactivity :(
The last days I had big issues with my game and PC and I had to fix that.
I don't want annoy you with details but I reinstalled everything and still have to download Edain Mod.
Now I will continue with my current maps!!!
And SORRY for all the excited waiters  :(

-MEpeace

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #12 am: 4. Apr 2016, 21:46 »
Hi all!
I have to apologize for my inactivity :(
The last days I had big issues with my game and PC and I had to fix that.
I don't want annoy you with details but I reinstalled everything and still have to download Edain Mod.
Now I will continue with my current maps!!!
And SORRY for all the excited waiters  :(

-MEpeace

You apologize for inactivity because you didn't give news for only one week ?  xD

MEpeace

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #13 am: 4. Apr 2016, 21:48 »
Ehm yeah xD
I am a person who feel bad for one week :)

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #14 am: 4. Apr 2016, 21:52 »
"With great power, comes great responsability" - Gandalf Dumbledore

Don't feel bad for that, especially now : 4.3 version has just been released, Path of the Edain is coming soon. People can wait a couple of week for your TD without beeing mad at you :p