28. Mär 2024, 13:12 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Rohan's outpost building: Hornburg and recruitable units  (Gelesen 3053 mal)

d0m0a

• Thain des Auenlandes
The idea cold be simple, made a building that could represent Helm's deep or at least part of it, just like Dol Guldur, for Rohan and be used in some sense has Dol Amroth's castle outpost, with the next units:

Rohan's soldiers: The faithful and loyal soldiers of Rohan, that fights at foot instead of use a horse. They're stronger that the peasants.
Rohan's spearmen:  The faithful and loyal spearmen of Rohan, that fights at foot instead of use a horse. They're stronger that the farmhands.
Galadhrim: The elves archers that Lorien sent to Helm's Deep for help Rohan in his darkest hour. They're stronger than Yeomen Archers, able to change between range and melee, with more power at distance, and upgradable with Rohan's upgrades.
Hornburg's Rohirrim: Elite Rohirrim riders able to use swords and bows. Only can be recruited 3 groups.

About the hero, you can put one of Rohan's heroes here.

As Rohan don't have fortress outpost, I think on this. Also the recluited units can give support to the peasant and farmhands with their veterancy

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Rohan's outpost building: Hornburg and recruitable units
« Antwort #1 am: 27. Mär 2016, 18:19 »
In the new and forthcoming patch, Rohan will finally have its own outpost, and the Community was of a great help in the conceiving of the concept.
I sincerely suggest you wait a bit for the official presentation of this new addition (something that might happen soon)  ;)

The Galadhrim in Rohan stay very well where they currently are, being implemented via the spellbook as a temporary summoning.
Primarily, there are significant lore reasons, along with the gameplay, that suggest this to us; I will thus quote a comment of mine on ModDB regarding this same matter.

Zitat
I think that the current implementation of the Galadhrim via the spellbook is a proper compromise between the books and the films.

An outpost would suggest the establishment of a firm alliance between Rohan and Lothlórien, which is totally not the case of the official lore.
Lothlórien was always considered as a magical dangerous place by most of Men (thus the title 'Dwimordene' in Old English) and, particularly under the rule of Gríma (Saruman), Galadriel was perceived as a deceiving sorceress hidden in the Golden Wood.
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Mär 2016, 18:24 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Rohan's outpost building: Hornburg and recruitable units
« Antwort #2 am: 27. Mär 2016, 19:19 »
I have to close this thread.
There are other various threads concerning this matter that could also be used, in the future, as spaces for the users' feedback about the new outpost.

--- LOCKED ---