25. Apr 2024, 17:27 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Eldalondë Custom Map  (Gelesen 4563 mal)

VectorMaximus

• RPG Team [en]
  • Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
Eldalondë Custom Map
« am: 3. Apr 2016, 00:45 »
Hello Edain Community! Today I've made my first step into a wider world; that of map making.  :D This is my first attempt, and so I've chosen something obscure and not a well known place; the city of Eldalondë upon Numenor lost.

Some history first (cause I wouldn't be me without some nice lore). The city of Eldalonde was the westernmost port of Numenor, and the city frequented by the Elves of Tol Eressea (along with Andunie), making it one of the largest and most prestigious cities in Numenor. In this region, many fair plants grew, including the great Mallorn Trees. Other than that, there is no history for the city.

So, due to an extreme lack of anything on it, I made up my own lore/history for the city;

This city was home to a great library, being a favorite spot of the Eldar who visited Numenor beneath the branches of the Mallorn. Many great lectures and debates were held in those halls, with many an elven and numenorean scholar visiting. It was also the home of an Royal Academy for Shipbuilding.

This city remained a bastion of the Faithful party of the Numenoreans, and was the last stronghold of the group save Andúnië in the latter days of the island. However, due to its placement as the westernmost port, as well as its shipyards, it was seized by Az-Pharazon and used as the marshaling point for the Great Armament and the Host of Numenor.

It was located in a great bay, surrounded by two immense arms; that is what the other two people start off on, though you obviously can't see the entirety of the arms.

I've used Earnur in leiu of a lord of Eldalonde, and I've doubled his health so he doesn't die too easily.

Being the primary port of the Elves of Tol Eressea, I've created a small Elven Dwelling to the north, which is neutral (though you can train rangers there who have been learning of stealth from the elves!)

One final look at the city;

Here is the download link if you are interested; https://www.mediafire.com/?q515m9kcknol0qn

Hope you all enjoy it!  ;)

One last note: This map is designed to be a 2v1, versus the guy inside the city, due to the cities advantages in prebuilt barracks, archery ranges, stables, walls, etc, as well as Earnur at the start of the game.
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Apr 2016, 22:53 von VectorMaximus »
"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
  • "The tower guard shall take up the call!"
Re: Eldalondë Custom Map
« Antwort #1 am: 3. Apr 2016, 00:46 »
Hello Edain Community! Today I've made my first step into a wider world; that of map making.  :D This is my first attempt, and so I've chosen something obscure and not well known place; the city of Eldalondë upon Numenor lost.

Some history first (cause I wouldn't be me without some nice lore). The city of Eldalonde was the westernmost port of Numenor, and the city frequented by the Elves of Tol Eressea (along with Andunie), making it one of the largest and most prestigious cities in Numenor. In this region, many fair plants grew, including the great Mallorn Trees. Other than that, there is no history for the city.

So, due to an extreme lack of anything on it, I made up my own lore/history for the city;

This city was home to a great library, being a favorite spot of the Eldar who visited Numenor beneath the branches of the Mallorn. Many great lectures and debates were held in those halls, with many an elven and numenorean scholar visiting. It was also the home of an Royal Academy for Shipbuilding.

This city remained a bastion of the Faithful party of the Numenoreans, and was the last stronghold of the group save Andúnië in the latter days of the island. However, due to its placement as the westernmost port, as well as its shipyards, it was seized by Az-Pharazon and used as the marshaling point for the Great Armament and the Host of Numenor.

It was located in a great bay, surrounded by two immense arms; that is what the other two people start off on, though you obviously can't see the entirety of the arms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CIYR_XgBSY enough said

But in all seriousness great map, brilliant first map and was fun to play with you :)

PS
You forgot to add something that you said earlier to me. thanks Calsash my bestest of friends for teaching me the ways of worldbuilder without him this map would look like a textureless mountain with some buildings xxxxx ~VectorMaximus April 2nd 2016
« Letzte Änderung: 3. Apr 2016, 00:51 von calsash »
"I would have followed you my brother my captain my king"

VectorMaximus

• RPG Team [en]
  • Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
« Antwort #2 am: 3. Apr 2016, 01:05 »
PS
You forgot to add something that you said earlier to me. thanks Calsash my bestest of friends for teaching me the ways of worldbuilder without him this map would look like a textureless mountain with some buildings xxxxx ~VectorMaximus April 2nd 2016

I wasn't that bad... and I sure as Angmar didn't say anything like that! But seriously though, thank you to Calsash for helping me to learn the ways of the Worldbuilder (now if only water were easier...)
"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
  • "The tower guard shall take up the call!"
« Antwort #3 am: 3. Apr 2016, 01:08 »
PS

I wasn't that bad... and I sure as Angmar didn't say anything like that! But seriously though, thank you to Calsash for helping me to learn the ways of the Worldbuilder (now if only water were easier...)
Its fine you did well my apprentice now we shall rule the Worldbuilder Galaxy as Father and Son!
"I would have followed you my brother my captain my king"