28. Mär 2024, 20:41 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Angmar Suggestions  (Gelesen 60512 mal)

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
Re: Brief Angmar Suggestions
« Antwort #75 am: 23. Feb 2020, 22:42 »
First of all I really like the witch-king skill “Might of witch-king”.
It had once been an ability of the fortress after the player used the spell. But that had been before this spell got so many extra abilities. I do think that it wouldn't be good to move it back in there, since the fortress already is really good and has so many abilities, that this really complex one would be too much in my opinion. On the other hand, I think that it could be really nice as a central spell, since the central spell right now isn't that good at the beginning of the game, when you have one or 2 heroes, but gets really strong when you got all of your heroes out and leveled them up. Although I think that the central spell should be good at any time of the game.
I really like the idea that the Witchking doesn't have to be on the battlefield to give power to one of his servants. In fact, all the heroes of Angmar who are not connected by friendship but only by their lust for power, I think it fits more that the Witchking declares one of the heroes as the leader of them all while he is not present at the battlefield. Positive side effect: Angmar players would focus more on the heroes he got instead of just spamming all of them out.
I'm not quite sure if it could be a bit too strong for a central spell, since you could get a really fast Drauglin-Werewolf. I'm not sure if that would be so balanced but since it costs nearly as much as the turncoats it also can be fine or could be fixed by raising Drauglins revive price after he was a Werewolf.

So I'm against putting the spell into the Fortress of the Iron Crown but
FOR  using it as a central spell.

Here is my suggestion of how this new central spell could work:
Might of the iron crown: The Witchking declares one of Angmars heroes as his deputy. When used on a hero, the chosen hero gets a strong bonus effect (as usual), while other heroes of Angmar get -10% armor for that time.
As the Witchking reaches the battlefield, all heroes abilities recharge X% faster.

Hope I described my thoughts in a comprehensible way  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Feb 2020, 22:50 von )-(albarad »

Only True Witchking

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!
« Antwort #76 am: 24. Feb 2020, 01:41 »
Here is my suggestion of how this new central spell could work:
Might of the iron crown: The Witchking declares one of Angmars heroes as his deputy. When used on a hero, the chosen hero gets a strong bonus effect (as usual), while other heroes of Angmar get -10% armor for that time.
As the Witchking reaches the battlefield, all heroes abilities recharge X% faster."

That's an awesome idea! The only thing I would change is the armour reduction, but I guess that's more of a balance thing.
I'm definitely in favour of this suggestion, but I am also aware that the ET wanted to make an entirely new central spell.

And one last question remains - what to do with Witch-king's now empty ability slot?

Signed,
The Only True Witchking
“In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face."

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #77 am: 29. Feb 2020, 11:49 »
I've cut a couple images from the Angmar campaign and promotional material that I think could be a suitable replacement for the current Sortie Icon:

Admittedly, the last one looks one level under the rest in terms of quality, it was rather small on the original screenshot but I really liked the posture so I added it anyways.
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Mär 2020, 17:11 von The_Necromancer0 »
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #78 am: 29. Feb 2020, 12:45 »
The first one is neat.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #79 am: 29. Feb 2020, 13:03 »
The problem with the second and third one is that the  important part of the pictures (head and sword) is close to the border. Hence it will probably be overlapped by the palantir and won't be seen in the game.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #80 am: 1. Mär 2020, 17:11 »
I can't do much about the second one because of the ratio of the original picture but I've replaced the link to the third one with a previous version which was more zoomed out.

Original Second:

Edhelharn

• Edain Betatesting
  • Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #81 am: 29. Mär 2020, 13:26 »
Hello, just wondering if it would be possible to edit the Angmar Orc Camp's size. Currently there is an invisible extension all the way around each camp which can make it quite problematic in game. For example, unit path finding during a fight or due to the settlement plots map position. I have included an example of this on Fords of the Isen 1 map. In the pic below there is no way to pass between the Orc camp and the mountain.

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #82 am: 29. Mär 2020, 13:29 »
If the geometry (blocking/interaction area) of the building doesn't match the visuals in such a big way you can report it as a bug.

Edhelharn

• Edain Betatesting
  • Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #83 am: 29. Mär 2020, 13:36 »
Ok, I'll do that

Bogdan Hmel

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #84 am: 14. Apr 2020, 20:45 »
Gulzár skills Spread Plague and Deadly Ritual kill all the acolytes on the map at once. This is rather inconvenient, since you want to use from at different times. Is it possible to use the mechanics of the “Dark Brand” Mornamarth skill so that each acolytes detachment can either explode with a plague bomb or turn into wights through its palantir?

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
« Antwort #85 am: 14. Apr 2020, 22:11 »
I agree, especially the Spread Plague would be better if not all acolytes on the map would be killed at once. Although a way of picking single battaillons, like mornamath does, would be pretty micro intense, since you would have to click on them every time you wanna let them explode - which mostly happens in battle.
For that reason, it would probably be for the best if Spread plage would become an active ability for all acolytes after Gulzar used it. Maybe with a timer.
Deadly Ritual is the most powerful spell, so it is okay in my opinion that it kills all acolytes on the map.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #86 am: 15. Sep 2021, 23:20 »
Just a minor change, I think the Banner Carriers of the Turncoats should stand behind them and not in front, kinda like the Thrall Masters. It doesn't change anything to the way they work but I think it would fit more nicely from a thematic perspective.