19. Mär 2024, 06:29 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Angmar Balance Discussion  (Gelesen 42647 mal)

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
Re: Angmar Balance Discussion
« Antwort #30 am: 20. Apr 2016, 16:53 »
Here is the 1v1 I was talking about:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TyAIPMM5gkw

Elite_KryPtik and Sawman are the ones playing (as Lothlorien and Angmar, respectively), and I joined for commentary.  :)

I would recommend that you watch the entire video because it was a good match, but I you just want to see when the Ents are being made, skip to 30 mins in, where Quickbeam is made short after.  From then on, even though Angmar technically has the better army, the Ents really turn the tide of battle, becuase they seem to be hard to counter as Angmar.

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #31 am: 25. Apr 2016, 14:53 »
I've got Stone and Iron..... I mean Balancing suggestions to suggest for Angmar.  :)

Durmarth's level 3 ability (can't remember the name, the one that give Armor to a Hero) seems rather weak.  It is very useful for earlier on in the game, but it really loses its flare later in the game compared to other heroes that can give Invulerability to multiple heroes at once, such as Thorin Oakenshield and Beregond.  This is somewhat counter by the very small cooldown time of the ability, but I don't think that it is enough.  I think the improvements to the ability should be stronger then they are now.  Also, it's is a hard ability to put off because Durmarth has to bright next to the Hero he wants to use it on, and it takes about 5 seconds for the animation to complete, which is risky to do while in combat.

Zafragor has too much Armor.  I know that his increased Armor is what counters his abilities hurting himself, but it is so hard to kill him, even with Hero Killers.  This is the main reason why, in my opinion, he out preforms the Witch King in combat.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #32 am: 25. Apr 2016, 15:32 »
I concur with what has been said so far of Zaphragor. Although. I think the team is aware that Zaphragor needs some tweaks. Zaphragor is arguably the best hero in the mod at the moment compared to his cost, because even Aragorn with Blademaster or sometimes Anduril can have severe trouble dealing with him. That says pretty much everything there needs to be said.

As far as I recall, Angmar's hero killer is Durmarth, not Zaphragor. So yeah, Zaphragor's gonna receive the nerf bat to the face. I hope so at least.
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Apr 2016, 16:31 von Odysseus »
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #33 am: 25. Apr 2016, 16:11 »
Zaphragor's armor is indeed too strong, although I'm not sure if it actually is intended or just an oversight. I'd just give him the standard EdainWarriorHeroArmor, he already has very high HP and regen to compensate for his abilities. Would changing his armor also affect the damage of his own abilities? Because that would be an appreciated extra benefit.

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #34 am: 25. Apr 2016, 16:17 »
You're absolutely right, his armor is way too good at the moment. We'll be bringing it in line with other heroes for the next patch. Without further changes, this would also mean that he receives twice the damage from his own spells. Would you say that is too much or appropriate?
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #35 am: 25. Apr 2016, 16:34 »
Hmm, well I say it is worth experimenting with to say the least. Maybe popularity for the Witch-King will increase again. I suppose the values of how much damage he does or takes from his spells can be tweaked accordingly once we test his new armour stats.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #36 am: 25. Apr 2016, 16:36 »
I think the health he loose while casting spells is enough, you have actually to fight vs other heros and if he is gonna loose armor in next patch i think it is not needed at all to make he loose more health, then you will make him  too weak.

Remeber his coist it is 2500 being much weaker than Aragorn or Thorin wouldnt be fair thought.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #37 am: 25. Apr 2016, 16:56 »
He's not supposed to just outright win against other heroes though, given his mass slaying capabilities. He is more of a hybrid who can win against most heroes and does some decent aoe, but not both at the same time. And he should never win against Thorin or Aragorn unless they are on low health already.

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #38 am: 25. Apr 2016, 17:47 »
He's not supposed to just outright win against other heroes though, given his mass slaying capabilities. He is more of a hybrid who can win against most heroes and does some decent aoe, but not both at the same time. And he should never win against Thorin or Aragorn unless they are on low health already.
Of course but Im just saying instead of nerf him in both ways just select 1 and see how this affects the gameplay, if the change seems not enough then increase the dmg he gets from abilities, but just do 1 of the 2 things or armor or more health loosing.

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #39 am: 25. Apr 2016, 19:02 »
I agree with Draco100000 here.  Let's see what happens with just the Armor Decrease, and have his abilities deal the same damage they do to him now.  He does cost 2500, and too big of a nerf will make him not worth that money. 

Also, if he does deal double damage to himself..... Wouldn't his last ability instantly kill himself?  :P

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #40 am: 25. Apr 2016, 19:08 »
+1 to what has been said. Let's try the armour decrease and decrease the cost of the amount of health the level 10 ability requires if it would instantly kill him.

Skeeverboy

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • Bankai Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
« Antwort #41 am: 25. Apr 2016, 19:18 »
Zitat
Also, if he does deal double damage to himself..... Wouldn't his last ability instantly kill himself?
No, he has 8211 HP on Level 10 and his attack would cost 8000 HP so he wouldn't die :D

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #42 am: 25. Apr 2016, 20:25 »
Zitat
Also, if he does deal double damage to himself..... Wouldn't his last ability instantly kill himself?
No, he has 8211 HP on Level 10 and his attack would cost 8000 HP so he wouldn't die :D
Well that is good too know, though that is dangerously close to death, and using Fanaticism will make it kill himself.   :D
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Apr 2016, 13:50 von Hamanathnath »

Vodohaka

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Stärker als die Grundfesten der Erde.
« Antwort #43 am: 5. Mai 2016, 17:26 »
His ability
Zitat
Well that is good too know, though that is dangerously close to death, and using Fanaticism will make it kill himself.   :D
Yes it is but this might be a good idea to punish the 'suicide strategy' that many heroes use. Charge into a clump of units and activate your mass destruction abilities (like Gandalfs word of power). If Zaphragor can't escape that easy, I think it would more fit to his concept of powerful but weakening sorcery that must be used extremely careful.
Anstelle eine Dunklen Herrschers hättest du eine Königin.

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #44 am: 5. Mai 2016, 18:08 »
I think people is worried about how good is him as mass slayer and comparing him with other mass slayers ( Saruman, gandalf, Gimli..) and supposed ones ( Murin, Eomer..) he is way better than them and also has a secondary role as heroslayer thx to his great dmg with low health. I think Wizards shopuld be much more tanky, as well Gimli and Murin/Eomer get some abilities to be at his lvl. Increase the usefullness of Mass slayers would be a good way to encourage players to use them.