19. Mär 2024, 06:50 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Angmar Suggestions  (Gelesen 60194 mal)

Sawman

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Re: Brief Angmar Suggestions
« Antwort #15 am: 10. Apr 2016, 03:00 »
Hey there, I don't know if it's just me but I feel that the stronghold of angmar 10 point power is a little weak, it's good that it makes units inside your base weaker and such but I was thinking that because there is no way to get ice munitions for your fortress defence that this power could provide that seeing how that it is a level 10 power I don't see this being over powered. That or it could increase the armour of your walls or buildings.
Just a thought

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #16 am: 10. Apr 2016, 03:21 »
It already increases the armour of your walls and buildings by 25%, if I am not mistaken. Read the tooltip to be certain. In addition, you can recruit Mounted Shadow Guard in the Hall of the King's Men, so I would say the Witch-King's Sanctuary provides enough.

However, your suggestion is interesting. Most factions get a way to upgrade their defences. It depends on what the team thinks and were to place it if accepted. Either via the 10pp spell, or a ring power for the Witch-King or something similar.

Greetings!
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #17 am: 12. Apr 2016, 20:16 »
I've got a couple of suggestions:

- Is it possible to give Drauglin, once he gets level 10, a permanent shapeshifting ability so that he may go with your direwolves? My idea was that once he gets level 10, his first ability is a regular shapeshifting one, just like beornings.

- I think "Dark Brand" and "Edict of Carn Dum" should be swapped in Mornamarth's skillset. After all, Dark Brand is only effective as long as you have many Men of Carn Dum of the battlefield, which is only possible with Edict of Carn Dum.

Anyway, 4.3.1 is a blessing. :)

"That still only counts as one!"

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #18 am: 12. Apr 2016, 20:38 »
+1 to Adrigabbro.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #19 am: 12. Apr 2016, 21:10 »
Dislike swapping Dark Brand and Edict of Carn Dum. The latter is such a powerful ability that it's outright ridiculous. If Mornamarth didn't have such a high tech cost (outpost + upgrade), I'd nerf it for being op. Getting a 50% price reduction for your elite infantry is definitely stronger than the leadership (which is still awesome, don't get me wrong), so it deserves to be unlocked at the higher level.

Skeeverboy

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • Bankai Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
« Antwort #20 am: 12. Apr 2016, 21:12 »
+1 to Elendil

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #21 am: 12. Apr 2016, 21:29 »
I know it is extremely strong, but you also have to consider that Angmar regular units, unlike most factions, do not have access to upgrades. That means if you want to get upgrades, you have to pay the full price for elite units then upgrades.
But after all, you are right aswell; if anything, Angmar doesn't need a buff. ^^

"That still only counts as one!"

-DJANGO-

• Balins Schriftführer
  • I might play Unchained!
« Antwort #22 am: 13. Apr 2016, 00:48 »
Angmar HAS the outstanding advantage of getting Spam-Units AND really strong "Normal-Type" Units with Upgrade. Furthermore you dont really need upgrades to deal with enemy elite units, see palantir ability.
- THE EAGLES ARE COMING -

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #23 am: 14. Apr 2016, 18:34 »
Hey lads,

I was thinking, do you think it would be an interesting idea to tie the Men of Carn-Dûm to some kind of Outpost or settlement related option?

Or would that be too much?

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #24 am: 15. Apr 2016, 06:46 »
Hey lads,

I was thinking, do you think it would be an interesting idea to tie the Men of Carn-Dûm to some kind of Outpost or settlement related option?

Or would that be too much?
sooo what would be the point?? this will leave your main castle without anything but basic units that aren't even supposed to come from there in the first place :/
If Men of Carn Dum are tied to an outpost, you would end up with a building in the castle that does nothing but recruit a single unit (the thralls), and kill one of the most distinct aspects of Angmar (the fact that it was Men who ran the real business in the stronghold of the witch king).

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #25 am: 15. Apr 2016, 13:38 »
I would argue that the outpost upgraded with the Garrison Tower is a good enough tie to the Men of Carn Dum, considering how powerful the increase in recruitment speed is, as well as Mornamarth being tied to it.  But only allowing Men of Carn Dum to be made at an outpost doesn't seem like a good idea to me.  Angmar doesn't have and really reliable cavalry, and not having access to there Elites until you get an outpost means that your only have access to Thralls.

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure Angmar is the only faction to have access to all their Units from just their Camp/Castle (and some tribute carts).  Every other faction requires a settlement or outpost to get certain units.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #26 am: 15. Apr 2016, 14:44 »
Yeah, sorry. It was a pretty stupid proposal, but I was kind of brainstorming and decided to post it for the heck of it anyway haha. Just to see what the reaction would be.

I think it is clear that we should start with their abilities: Fine-tune them a bit, bring them a bit more in line.

See, the faction is not ''so'' different from Gondor. They get the same amount of buildplots to camp with in their base, they have their own way to boost their economy etc. One of the key differences is that Gondor only has access Elite Tower Guards, and has to access their elite archers from a settlement option, and their elite swordsmen through Dol Amroth's stronghold. Angmar has all those units in a single building. That's pretty nifty haha.

Ringgiver

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #27 am: 10. Mai 2016, 04:54 »
Concerning the Men of Carn-Dum, their models look very nice. However, I believe that it would be nice if the Carn-Dum Swordsmen had the same movement and fighting animation (or slightly modified) as they did in the base game in place of Faramir's fighting animation. I also believe that when they have the armor upgrade, the shoulder armor is missing.

I also feel that Helegwen's model would look overall stronger if she had a normal cape and was without the face mask.

Durmarth's model for the Enforcer and his head, in contrast with the rest of the faction, looks outdated and constantly on low resolution. Also, what is his story? Who is he and where did he come from? (seems like a cool guy.)

dgsgomes

• Pförtner von Bree
  • "If by my life or death I can protect you, I will"
« Antwort #28 am: 16. Mai 2016, 15:17 »
Hello!  :)

I would suggest a small cosmetic change in Angmar.

What if you lessened the size of the dark obelisks? It is strange that, in the midst of struggles, those giant thorns arise from the ground with considerable frequency, clashing and hindering the battle scenarios.

However, I want you to know that I am not criticizing the current design of the obelisks, but ONLY the exaggerated size of them.

Well, the obelisk is composed of thorn with blue scriptures, a stone base and a stone floor on the ground.

So why not change the size of the thorns of the obelisks so they are equal to the thorns that exist in the camp of Angmar?

Importantly, the obelisks from the spellbook will remain bigger than the thorns of the camp - as they have a stone base that increases their size -, remain quite visible on the screen - because they will still have considerable size and blue scriptures that call enough attention - and the reduction of its size does not necessarily imply an increase in brittleness (ie, obelisks' hp does not need to be reduced), because it will still be a solid structure, made of stone, metal and imbued with magic.

It's a small change, but it will make a big improvement in aesthetics - especially in matches with more than one team Angmar, a fact that results in giant obelisks spam.

I hope you enjoyed this small idea. Looking forward your feedback.  :)

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #29 am: 9. Jul 2016, 22:25 »
Hey,
I wanted to make a suggestion regarding the places of certain heroes in the Angmar faction. How would you feel if Helegwen went from the Citadel to the Outpost assigned to the Men of Carn Dûm, and Mornamarth was swapped from that outpost to the Citadel?

I believe that Mornamarth should be given a more central position in the faction as the Lieutenant of Carn Dum and the strongest of all Men of Carn Dum. Besides, was it not part of the fanfiction that Mornamarth found a place for Helegwen in Angmar's armies? Thus it would make sense that he enters the battlefield before she does.

I understand that Mornamarth and Gulzar were moved to the outposts with good reason, and I completely agree with the redistribution of Angmar's heroes over the citadel and these outposts, but both heroes are pushed to the edge of the faction because some games do not always allow for outposts to be build, because it ends too soon or the other player took it, for example. I also see that it touches on the balance over the course of a single match: Helegwen is, beside Drauglin and Hwaldar, an Early Game heroin, whereas Mornamarth is a Mid or even Late game, and swapping their places would cause Angmar's Early game to be less strong while their Mid game is decent. I do not think this is an issue but more a tactical choice.

Lastly, I personally feel that with Helegwen on the outpost assigned to the Men of Carn Dum instead of Mornamarth gives a better representation of a tactic with Men of Carn Dum as she has strong support functions at range in addition to her final passive ability, which both benefit the Archers of Carn Dum.

That's all. What do you think?
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Jul 2016, 20:20 von Garlodur »