19. Mär 2024, 06:14 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Angmar Suggestions  (Gelesen 60190 mal)

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
Re: Brief Angmar Suggestions
« Antwort #30 am: 10. Jul 2016, 01:00 »
+1 Garlodur

Dadoone

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #31 am: 29. Jul 2016, 11:08 »
Hello Edain Team, i'm a fan and a regular french player of your mod.
I play often in random with all factions (no prefer) but i think if not played with unit carn dum, it's difficult to win with Angmar. For me, more units or powers of Angmar are not fun or not powerful. It's a pity ! Angmar is a good concept !

(SORRY FOR MY AWFUL ENGLISH)

Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Angmar Units

Wolf Tamers Pit: units perfect for me :)

Hall of the King's Men: Carn dûm and Thrall master units perfect :)
I don't use shadow Guard and Black Knights because i dislike helmet but shield of the iron crown and armor is cool
(i think at gladiator, it's not possible ...)
For me, a helmet on the same model to other units with fur on shoulders is great.

Wight lair: Very Good concept but i don't use often. Only 1 Wight when i buy it ? the solution is a group of 3 for more fun 
OR keep 1 wight but with 25 command points for have more wight in the same time

Temple of twilight: Never use Socerers because spells are too low and i'm unhappy,i like magic units and it's very representative for Angmar...
OK it's a support units but it's the single who no attack ennemy automatically and Sorcerers do not have enough health
only 5 seconds for Soul Freeze ? not impact .. 30 seconds more strategic
Black ice: area is covered on ice for 60 seconds and -50% speed
Fell Strenght, perfect :)
Well of soul, good but perhaps "hight damage over time"
Corpse rain, good but perhaps more powerful

Tower of sorcery : "sorecers can use spells they did not specialize in" is not a good idea. It's less strategic, 1 tower and all spells ...
I think bonus regenerate faster and Gulzar are sufficient.

Angmar Heros

Drauglin: Graphic effect of Razor crescents and blade steps are not great.
Durmarth and Helegwen : Picture in palantir is not best quality, it's a pity ! i don't use often these heros because for me they're power are not fun to play.
Witch King: Soul disturbance is not fun to use. WK is not a ring hero charismatic because is not powerful enough with the ring, it's a pity !!!
Karsh: good :)
Hwaldar: good :)
Gulzar: very good :)))
Mornamarth: very good :)))
Zaphragor: Perfect :))))))))))

Angmar Spellbook Powers

Blight: It's not a fun power. I dislike, never use
Horns of angmar: good :)
Dark obelisk: good but if the dark obeslik can attack ennemy with blue lightning is epic (same model of a tower battle)
Fell wind: very very fun power, i like eject ennemy, i love it :) (but more damage)
Frozen land: good power :) but graphic effect with ice covers area can last longer.
Snow Bind: Immune effect on Citadel is most important for me and retire cannot function effect
Hordes of mount Gram: good :)
Summon hill Trolls: good :)
Driving snow: good :)
Outbreak: very good and very fun but more damage :)))
Stronghold on the iron crown: very good :)))
Avalanche: more damage ans it's perfect (too low for now)

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #32 am: 27. Aug 2016, 05:56 »
i finally found out what makes Angmar WitchKing weaker than his Mordor counterpart it's his armor https://postimg.org/image/piagpa8gd/ ... u see Witchking u recruit in Mordor looks like Nazgul and has his armor but when u give him speel (dedliest servants) hes change into armored WitchKing we know and has this armor "EdainNazgulArmorUpgrade" so i think it would be cool if Edain changed AWK armor into this after fix https://postimg.org/image/mf0qgekv7/ well AWK is more  armored than "normal nazgul"/black raider so i think it be more friendly if he had armor at least like  MWK ... but i think AWK armor should be more suited for battle and MWK more to elemental or somethink like that besides that I think u should check rest armors on his forms they are like those on first picture and not suitable at all . Thanks and big GG  for mod and future updates . ^^

Ringgiver

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #33 am: 27. Aug 2016, 17:37 »
I agree with Slawek56703 this is the most likely reason,  I also believe that MWK has more health than AWK does. While MWK is tied to the strength of Sauron's level and "deadliest servants", it would make more sense and balance the faction out if it's leader had more health so he could be a more effective hero/ringhero. Even the AI avoids using AWK and when they do, it is often a easy take down.

Aside from Slawek56703's comment, for the most part, the only effective aspect to him is his debuff and "favor of the WK", which even that has limited use. I suggest either reducing the recharge time for "favor of the WK", or making the effects permanent (like "gifts of lothlorien", increasing his viability as a strategy.

In short
-Increase armor or health of AWK to increase utility and effectiveness
-Reduce recharge time on "favor of WK" OR "effects of spell are now permanent to increase utility and effectiveness.

Looking forward to future updates and the new faction!
-

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #34 am: 31. Aug 2016, 11:18 »
I don't know about everyone but the Black Knights and Shadow Guards feel very redundant since they are pretty much the same expect for the horses. Instead wouldn't it be possible to have a mount ability unlock for the Shadow Guards once "Stronghold of the Iron Crown" has been used on a citadel?
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #35 am: 31. Aug 2016, 16:35 »
I would support that, and I agree with your reasoning. Black Knights not only have the same abilities, they also have the same teching requirements, which I find a little strange. The 10 PP is just a massive additional ''cost'', so to speak. What I would like to see personally is Sorcerers be tied to the power. I made a suggestion some time ago to make Sorcerers a heroic unit, limited to 3, but with powerful spells.

I reformed my concept a bit, and thought it would be cool to implement that idea in the 10 PP spell ''Stronghold of the Iron Crown''. From my perspective, it would solve lore-issues as well as give Sorcerers some more oomph. Make them more unique and reserved/limited, but also more powerful.

Or if there is no support for this, give the Black Guard some unique abilities. Completely open to all of that.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #36 am: 5. Okt 2016, 13:20 »
Hey guys i have some idea about angmar sorcerers when they go to tower the tottaly useless it's like the are hiding my propsoal is to make them more useful so i have 2 brief ideas to improve them when they enter to tower (only one will be avivable) :
1) Sorcerers in tower can use thier abilities in mid range (when u click on tower u can use thier abilities
2) When sorcerers are in tower evry 10sec thier current abilities are automatically used on enemies in mid range .
Gulzar get this some system and evry his abilities than can hurt enemies will be used with some of this way altough if first way would be better then he would use some buff on allied hero or somethink else cause activate spell.
Hope u guys like this and im curious about ur answers .
Thanks
Ohh i would forget but this is quesiton if sorcerers use thier powers in tower couldve they still replace one guy ber battalion and use thier abilities correcly ?
Can this hurt balance ?

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #37 am: 5. Okt 2016, 13:36 »
I'm not entirely sure it is possible for Sorcerers to be allowed to use their abilities while in Battle Towers.  And even if it was, balance wise, being able to use abilities without know how many acolytes you have left would be a bad idea in my opinion. 

I don't think that this is a needed change.  While I do agree that the Sorcerers need a bit of a looking at, mainly in their insanely high command point cost, this just doesn't seem like something they need.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #38 am: 5. Okt 2016, 17:19 »
I'm not entirely sure it is possible for Sorcerers to be allowed to use their abilities while in Battle Towers.  And even if it was, balance wise, being able to use abilities without know how many acolytes you have left would be a bad idea in my opinion. 

I don't think that this is a needed change.  While I do agree that the Sorcerers need a bit of a looking at, mainly in their insanely high command point cost, this just doesn't seem like something they need.
This.^^

And yes, its not possible to create such a system.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #39 am: 8. Okt 2016, 20:23 »
Can the Barrow-crypt be linked again to Barrows and Tombs? Right now, you would need a Barrow close to your Crypt  to move Wights on the battlefield, and combining this with their terrible slowness really nerfs them.

To balance this out, the Crypt's cost can be increased to either 700 or 800 resources

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #40 am: 9. Okt 2016, 13:01 »
No, the problem is the tribut system. The crypt needs a slaughter contain to allow this mechanic, but it's not allowed to have both the slaughter and the tunnel contain. That's why we had to delete this tunnel for the inner crypt. We won't change this.

*Posts deleted. Read my comment guys.
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Okt 2016, 18:52 von Ealendril »

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #41 am: 9. Okt 2016, 19:19 »
Got it, that's a pity, though. Just came with another idea, nonetheless: since as far as I remember the old bone-mechanic caused bug, what if the Crypt leveling system is linked to Karsh, in the same way the Lindon Spire is linked to Cirdan?

This way, it would enable Karsh and Wights as well to enter the Barrows-network, it won't require the tribute carts (which is, in my opinion, an unfitting solution) and it won't cause any bugs (yeah, I know this mechanic is already used for Cirdan, but it wouldn't be the first time there are two similar mechanics: just look at the Dunedain Outpost and Dale/Lake-town Marketplace)

Balrog_of_Morgoth

• Hobbit
« Antwort #42 am: 11. Okt 2016, 13:59 »
Hi everyone,

What do you think about model of Gundabad orcs ? They deserve a better model I think if you compare them with other orc models and in Angmar faction they have the worst model :/ Please consider this :)

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #43 am: 4. Nov 2016, 01:10 »
Hey ET can u give Angmar Battle Towers possibility to have Ice Arrows like other evil faction have ? Isengard can buy for thier towers Steel Bolts and Mordor have Sauron to do this .Now how about Angmar ? I have 2 small ideas .
  • Angmar  get upgrade Ice Arrows for thier towers this some way as Isengard by Forge
  • Angmar get instant upgrade Ice Arrows for towers by have Helegwen on lvl 10 with stronger debuff effect (-15% armor or damage)  when she is under WitchKing ability

TheDarkOne

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Ancient evil. Endangered species.
« Antwort #44 am: 12. Nov 2016, 15:30 »
(I am not sure if this needs a new topic so I'm posting it here.)

Sorcerers are still present but are not used because they became impractial in game due to them being nerfed. Their insanely high requirements and useless spells force a player to forget about them even when having enough resources. Their only two spells that can affect the tide of a battle are their starting ones: Fell Strength and Black Ice (Corpse rain is avoidable, Well of souls doesnot heal anyone, Soul Freeze, however, can be effective sometimes)

The roles of these elite unit support mages have become extremely low. Players used them before they were weakened because it was not fruitless but really effective. How about bringing them back on the stage with changed spells and attributes?

They can retain their high cost but be worthy of spending all resources and etc. Their roles can be expanded, making they truly supporting evil armies of the Iron Crown.

Directly damaging the enemy forces is risky even when having an army to protect them. So they could support a number of units or structures instead. Empowering barrow wights or turning some of lost enemy units into them permanently. Casting additional defensive spells onto barrows or crypts, even on obelisks, let them emanate an evil aura around, weakening the hostile forces even more.

Even if they do not need any spell changes, their current ones certainly need some rework.