19. Mär 2024, 11:56 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Angmar Suggestions  (Gelesen 60198 mal)

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
Re: Brief Angmar Suggestions
« Antwort #60 am: 24. Feb 2017, 23:26 »
Zitat
Sorcerers abilities auto casting would be similar to Legolas Hawk Strike ability where attack is maked from higher range after all sorcerers are in archer category . This could potentialy fix it target problem .
I'm having trouble interpreting this. Do you suggest, the sorcerers abilities should be changed into "cursor-target spells" (spells like Fireball, Hawk Strike, etc. where you aim with the cursor instead of targetting an area)? That would work for definitely all spells under a technical aspect except perhaps for Well of Souls and Fell Strength. (On these ones I'm not certain! It could work and actually should work, but both abilities are slightly more complex than the others which just trigger a weapon in the target area.)

Therefore, it should be possible to change the sorcerers' spells into cursor-targetting. HOWEVER, this would severely limit the comfort of targetting them manually, meaning in order to enable autocast, you couldn't really use them by yourself effectively. And this can hardly be the goal, because that's basically saying: "You know what player, we'll take care of this game! Just watch some videos while we annihilate the enemy by ourselves using Corpse Rain. Sincerely, your Computer" ;)
(Though, since the AI uses sorcerers normally, the game doesn't seem to have general problems with area-targetting spells. So don't loose hope! xD)

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #61 am: 1. Feb 2018, 12:20 »
To increase Ring Hero WK's battle effectiveness the ability Might of the Witch King could be changed to affect all Angmar heroes in a certain radius. That could prove very deadly once the full roster is recruited.

It's not a major change, but it would help differentiate Ring WK from regular WK.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #62 am: 1. Feb 2018, 12:32 »
I share the same view of yours and I second your thoughts on Discord: it would differentiate the ability from Gifts of Lórien. If you think about it, the effect you proposed gives concretely the idea of a disruptive/festering influence, as such is often the case for the Evil, whereas a selective effect conveys more the idea of a personal blessing (Galadriel and her gifts). Regardless of technical feasibility, I think it is a sound reasoning.

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #63 am: 4. Feb 2018, 20:25 »
I would support that change if it can be implemented technically. Indeed, the Witch-King would be a more menacing presence, boosting many heroes at once. This would reinforce his mass-slayer aspect.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #64 am: 27. Feb 2018, 19:46 »
I agree too, it would make Ring Hero WK better!

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #65 am: 28. Feb 2018, 18:00 »
While I do believe that Ring Hero WK is already an effective hero due to his passive skills, he should have some sort of bonus with his active skills and the change that Necro proposed would be a good way to do that.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #66 am: 20. Jun 2018, 20:44 »
After a discussion involving Markus of the unofficial Edain Discord server, Oakenshield224, Necro and I, I'd want to make a suggestion regarding Might of the Witch-King (and sort of expanding on Necro's suggestion of Ring Hero WK and that power).

The Might of the Witch-King power is defined as a counterpart to the Gifts of Lórien ability of Galadriel, giving temporary buffs to a particular Angmar hero, whereas the Galadriel version gives permanent buffs. To help equate both abilities in usefulness, I think this could be done to improve Might of the Witch-King (considered underwhelming by some):

At level 5, WK would get the ability with the temporary buffs, plus, the ability would grant a cooldown reduce to the abilities of the hero who has gotten the Witch-King's favor. This was an idea by Oakenshield224 that would allow to get a better buff for the heroes affected by the Witch-King's power, and not to be too OP for a level 5 ability.

Meanwhile, at level 10, the ability would be improve to actually have the effect of reseting ability cooldowns. This would keep the theme of WK's abilities being improved at level 10 (like Death Blade and Life-Drinking Blade). The reset effect would only be at level 10 to avoid making it too OP in the early game.

It would be comparable to Prince Aranarth's level 10 ability, which includes a buff apart from a cooldown reset for every nearby hero, while this power would be only for a hero, setting it apart from Aranarth, but the additional and original effect would help setting it apart from Elrond's level 7 too, warranting the level 10 unlock for this improvement over the power.

As an aside, and building of Necro's suggestion to make Ring Hero WK's Might of the Witch King effect all nearby heroes, I believe the cooldown reset could have this change aswell when the Lord of the Nazgûl gets the One Ring.

I hope you like this suggestion, feel free to express your thoughts!  :P

« Letzte Änderung: 20. Jun 2018, 20:55 von Julio229 »

Secret Keeper

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #67 am: 21. Jun 2018, 20:49 »
I have to say "The Might of the Witch-King" feels underwhelming, everytime I play with Angmar. Reducing cooldowns seems like a good idea, definitely helps to equate the power of this ability to Gifts of Lorien.

Maybe it is my personal preference, but I feel that some bonuses "Might of the Which-King" grants is not good as the others. I almost never use it on Durmarth, Hwaldar, Mornamarth or Helegwen.

DenialR

• Hobbit
« Antwort #68 am: 24. Jun 2019, 21:37 »
I have a suggestion for 4.5. Would it be possible to give an icon for thrall master with no thralls ? similar to what the lothlorien singers get and tribute carts ? that way I can more easily click on those thrall masters and summon units, rather then forget about them or having a hard time clicking on them since they are surrounded by other units

When thrall master dies, can the thralls get stunned or flee in terror ?
Rather then die ?
Feels extra bad when human players snipe your thrall masters and your entire unit just dies.
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Jun 2019, 21:46 von DenialR »

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #69 am: 25. Jun 2019, 12:38 »
Not possible. That mechanic can be used only once per faction. And the tribute cards are already using it for Angmar.

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #70 am: 28. Jan 2020, 19:51 »
Does anybody else find it really annoying when "builders" (forgot what they're called) keep spawning from your settlements but you've already upgraded all the buildings and have no need for them at the moment?

Is it possible to enable the building to keep spawning them when you need them and then disable the building from spawning them when you don't need them? Similar to how you can enable and disable the production of resources with the Beorning hut

kmogon

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "They stole it from us ! My precious Curse them!"
« Antwort #71 am: 28. Jan 2020, 20:04 »
They are providing a good pile of money , once they are headed to a building so that would be waste of resources to turning them off purpousely.

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #72 am: 28. Jan 2020, 20:15 »
Zitat
They are providing a good pile of money , once they are headed to a building so that would be waste of resources to turning them off purpousely.

Wait WHAT. I never realized they provided resources... Yeah.. I don't play much as Angmar lol

But still, I find them kinda annoying to use. I'm curious how do others feel about this? I mean, I get that if they were made passive Angmar's upgrade system would be pretty boring... but I just really don't like using them.. but that may be just me

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
« Antwort #73 am: 31. Jan 2020, 22:16 »
Klick on one of them, press "e" two times and you do have selected all of them all over the map. Then you can send them at once into a building of your choice. That makes it much less stressful to handle them.
Would probably be good if there was a small info/ ability that does explain/ does the same thing.

Bogdan Hmel

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #74 am: 23. Feb 2020, 15:03 »
My little suggestion. Add another ability after upgrading your castle with the Stronghold of the iron crown. I am talking about the existing witch-king skill “Might of witch-king”. This will improve your heroes without even hiring a faction leader.
Such an update will underline the global power of the witch-king - his ability to bestow strength on servants without even being present on the battlefield.
An alternative would be to add this ability through the central spell Might of the iron crown. So that it was have both a passive and an active effect.