28. Mär 2024, 15:25 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Angmar Bugs  (Gelesen 13705 mal)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Angmar Bugs
« am: 3. Apr 2016, 11:55 »
Post any Angmar bugs here.

Bugs

Text and Voice bugs
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Jan 2020, 16:11 von FG15 »

Discord [BOT]

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Bridging the gap between Modding-Union and Discord
Re: Angmar Bugs
« Antwort #1 am: 13. Jul 2020, 00:15 »
Gulzar will stop to attack enemies in range when passing through a postern gate causing him to end up on top of the wall.

Necro (241942232867799040)
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Okt 2023, 23:22 von The_Necromancer0 »
What is this? This is an automated account used to allow users on Discord to post on Modding-Union. Allowing them to make posts such as bug reports without having to have a Modding-Union account. The posts made by this account are not written by this account, instead, they are written by the Discord users whose signature you can see at the bottom.

How do I use it? This system can be used only from a discord server. In order to do so, you will have to join this discord server: https://discord.gg/5GhZezy. This server is also used to provide feedback for the bot.

Only True Witchking

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!
« Antwort #2 am: 24. Okt 2021, 21:49 »
This is going to be a very long post.

I have tested Gulzar's level 10 ability against virtually every recruitable hero in the game (and then some) and will report my findings here.

Reference: This is the English description of the ability:

I tested if he gains any ability at all, if the ability can be used, if it has any effect and if the effect seems to be the one advertised by the description of the button.

Heroes that just have "works" are ones where all the questions above can be answered with "yes", though I have also commented further on some heroes that "test positive" [ugly] on all questions but that I find odd for other, somewhat arbitrary, reasons.
This list does not claim to be complete; some abilities listed as working have wonky descriptions, incorrect hotkeys (a lot of those, as far as I noticed) or no FX, for example. Balance was mostly no consideration.
Finally, I often looked into the game files (or let my brother do it) to find out why an ability may be bugged, if I found a reason, it is reported here.

The heroes will be sorted by factions, those in turn do not have any particular order besides the one I tested them in.

Aaaaand done.

Signed,
The Only True Witchking

PS: Any feedback/questions/corrections are welcome. I can conduct a large number of tests on this ability fairly quickly now, so if you want info that isn't here already, ask away.

PSS: I would love to see this ability used to its fullest potential, which currently just isn't the case. Beyond the bugs, it feels very unpolished and has some major balance issues & inconsistencies, but the concept is awesome so I'd hate to see it go. I'm currently thinking about opening a discussion about this in the Balance section.

PSSS: Healing abilities are weird, especially Athelas. However! There is a far better way to include an ability that heals heroes exactly like Athelas without actually using an AutoHealBehavior (and possibly tinkering with Lua scripts, disgusting :P).

I present to you: The PlayerHealSpecialPower! Just make sure to set "HealAsPercent" to False and you can achieve the exact same effect Athelas has. I'll just post an example of code below:

Behavior = UnpauseSpecialPowerUpgrade ModuleTag_BeShorterDammit
       SpecialPowerTemplate                = SpecialAbilityAragornAthelas
       TriggeredBy                         = Upgrade_Level_5
    End

Behavior = PlayerHealSpecialPower ModuleTag_CreateAHeroHealingPower_Level2
       UpdateModuleStartsAttack            = Yes
       StartsPaused                                 = Yes
       HealAffects                                    = HERO
       HealAmount                                  = 2000
       HealAsPercent             = No
       HealRadius                                    = 150
       HealFX                                            = FX_StreicherAthelas
       InitiateSound                                 = AragornAthelesEffect
       TriggerFX                                       = FX_StreicherAthelas
    End

Behavior = SpecialAbilityUpdate ModuleTag_CreateAHeroHealingUpdate_Level2
       UnpackTime                                 = 1
       PreparationTime                          = 1
       PackTime                                      = 3000
       UnpackingVariation                  = 5
    End

If you know this already, sorry for rambling, but I think Gulzar could very much use this :)

That's it from me, this abomination of a post has grown to insane lengths already.

PSSSS: Quotation marks galore.

--------------
Edit 24.10.2021 - Forgot to write "Works" for most of Mordor's heroes.
« Letzte Änderung: 3. Aug 2023, 11:54 von Elendils Cousin 3. Grades »
“In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face."

Le Sournois

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 29. Sep 2023, 23:52 »
Hello Edain team,

It seems wolves regenerate near wolf dens on settlements but not near wolf kennels in the base when they get Favor of the Witch King unlike the description read.

Thanks for this amazing remasterisation of Angmar by the way
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Okt 2023, 23:24 von The_Necromancer0 »

Discord [BOT]

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Bridging the gap between Modding-Union and Discord
« Antwort #4 am: 9. Okt 2023, 20:07 »
Angmar

1.The Wall Catapult is called Anórien Schleuder
2.On the Wall there Spawn 2 sidegates and the uprgrade for them is called Missing : Controlbar: Postern Gate Upgrade Angmar

theshark9599 (<@270341251008561153>)
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Okt 2023, 23:24 von The_Necromancer0 »
What is this? This is an automated account used to allow users on Discord to post on Modding-Union. Allowing them to make posts such as bug reports without having to have a Modding-Union account. The posts made by this account are not written by this account, instead, they are written by the Discord users whose signature you can see at the bottom.

How do I use it? This system can be used only from a discord server. In order to do so, you will have to join this discord server: https://discord.gg/5GhZezy. This server is also used to provide feedback for the bot.

Hromoyvod

• Hobbit
« Antwort #5 am: 25. Okt 2023, 01:35 »
When playing as Angmar, the game crashes at any time. It does not happen immediately, but it happens after some time. It always happens. It shows no error message after it crashes, it just close the game. It only happens when playing as Angmar. Other than Angmar I have only played as dwarves in 4.7. I even tried to save game and If I try to load the game, it still crashes after some time.
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Okt 2023, 23:21 von The_Necromancer0 »

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #6 am: 25. Okt 2023, 08:43 »
There's currently a bug related to the new Postern Gates that can cause a gamecrash. Did you purchase their upgrade and use them to move units in and out of the castle?

Hromoyvod

• Hobbit
« Antwort #7 am: 25. Okt 2023, 23:37 »
Yes that should be the problem. I was always upgrading them. Last battle I did not upgrade them, and for the first time I was able to finish and win the battle (without crash).

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #8 am: 20. Nov 2023, 10:14 »
Don't know if they are Angmar bugs, Arnor bugs, or Map bugs, but anyway:

- In the maps 'Arnor: Rhudaur' and 'Arnor: North Downs', playing Angmar vs Brutal Arnor, the game crashed without error messages as soon as I completely destroyed their camp (it was their second/third camp, though, not their starting one). Happened twice in North Downs, and once in Rhudaur, but it didn't happen in the map Arnor: Forochel: as soon as I destroyed their camp (their only one) the game ended normally in victory. Maybe the issue is with additional camps?

- Again in the maps Rhudaur and North Downs, Angmar's outposts bugged out when taking them from Arnor. This is what happened: I destroyed their outpost (either normal or Imladris Stronghold), then I tried to build my outpost. It spawned with buildplots only, no floor and no citadel as well. As such, as soon as it finished unpacking, it disappeared, as if it has been just destroyed. Didn't happen all the time, though, some outposts were just fine and working (I noticed it seems to happen after I build my outpost, upgrade it with Garrison Tower, then they take it. As soon as I retake it, it's bugged)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #9 am: 20. Nov 2023, 10:24 »
Thanks for the report. We have fixed the issue with crashing Gondor/Arnor camps for the next version.

The other bug will have to be investigated
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/