17. Mai 2024, 03:39 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Slow down the recruiting order spam by different levels  (Gelesen 1853 mal)

d0m0a

• Thain des Auenlandes
I think that you could made that the AI takes some time for recruit units, at least make it wait 30 seconds or more for try to recruit other unit. Either in Easy, the AI can be a pain in the ass sending lots of units when you're busy building your base, and while you're still with infantry, the AI sends you chivalry and siege. Maybe make him recruit the units slower  can be better depending of difficulty. My, I have to rise the Handicap for more than 25% for not feel violated!

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: Slow down the recruiting order spam by different levels
« Antwort #1 am: 4. Apr 2016, 21:21 »
So you want the AI to be even more easy to crush ? ^^

d0m0a

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #2 am: 5. Apr 2016, 13:32 »
I mean that, instead of recruit for example 10 groups of units in 2 minutes, takes longer for recruit them, or send a lesser number of groups.

Sefie1999AD

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 7. Apr 2016, 06:19 »
I've seen plenty of people in ModDB complain about the difficulty of the AI in version 4.2.1, and supposedly the AI is even better on 4.3. Whether the AI difficulty should be reduced or not, that depends on the difficulty level, IMHO.

* Brutal: the AI is supposed to be brutal, so no, don't make it easier. Make it even harder. xD

* Hard: I'll need to play some more 4.3 until I can comment on this one. According to 4.2.1, though, I don't think Hard AI needs to be nerfed.

* Medium: Seems fine so far. Not especially hard, but they can wreck you if you don't know what you're doing. Shouldn't be nerfed, either.

* Easy: I admit, I've never played against the Easy AI in 4.3. However, according to 4.2.1, definitely nerf this one! Easy AI is sometimes even harder than Medium or Hard AI, as factions like Gondor just rush you by spamming their cheapest units on Easy. I still think there should be at least one newbie-friendly difficulty level, so that beginners don't have to cheat and use handicaps to even defeat an Easy AI. Personally, I'd nerf the Easy AI so that they'd never build siege. This way, you'll still have to face their unit spam, but it's actually very hard to lose against them.

IMHO, the hardest part of the AI are the first 15-20 minutes, as their cheat money gives them an early advantage. When you get your economy set up, get a few heroes out and start getting upgrades, you've pretty much won the game, and the rest of the match is mostly just regaining map control. Note that starting with 4000 credits makes the AI a lot easier, as you'll get your base filled up and/or get some heroes out right away. I usually play with 1000 credits, though, as early-game creeping is fun. xD

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #4 am: 7. Apr 2016, 06:24 »
I remember that in BFME1 the easy AI could only ever build swordsmen and archers which made it great to learn the ropes of the game. Wonder if something like that could be implemented.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/