19. Mär 2024, 03:09 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Angmar outpost: Troll Keep  (Gelesen 6612 mal)

d0m0a

• Thain des Auenlandes
Angmar outpost: Troll Keep
« am: 5. Apr 2016, 13:31 »
I could suggest to create a outpost fortress for Angmar: the Troll Keep, a small fortress of steel over stone from where you can recruit the Snow Trolls and and Hill Trolls, Rogash included. From Rise of the Witch King, I though that the trolls were a main part of the Angmar army, being the only 'chivalry' after the Wolf Riders, and they deserves more that be only a temporal summon.

In the building, you can recruit the Trolls by high prices, costing 90 CP or more by group, but for maintain balance, you can only recruit 3 Snow Trolls groups and 3 Hill Trolls groups.  Rogash can be recruited as a hero here.

About the summon power, it can be changed for a passive upgrade that regenerate HP from beasts units (wolves, wolves riders, werewolves and trolls) when they're not fighting, or summon the giant frozen werewolf that Angmar had in the original Rise of the Witch King.

Edited suggestion: changed outpost name and details
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Apr 2016, 16:13 von d0m0a »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Angmar outpost: Troll Cavern of Angmar
« Antwort #1 am: 5. Apr 2016, 13:56 »
I don't think it would be wise at all.
The trolls are implemented through the spellbook, and I think they had better remain firmly where they currently are. I think this solution was found in order to find a compromise between those who didn't like them so much (thinking that Mordor only should have had the prerogative to use trolls at that extent) and the ones who didn't want them to be completely removed.

Furthermore, an outpost and a spell are objectively too much.
It's definitely better maintaining the summoning option as the sole possible.
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Apr 2016, 14:00 von DieWalküre »

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: 5. Apr 2016, 14:02 »
+1 DieWalküre.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 5. Apr 2016, 14:13 »
I personally disagree with the suggestion, a cave as a outpost does not make much sense. I personally would love Angmar to get a unique outpost however, perhaps their fortress from RotWK with the "Keep" upgrade being the tower of necromancers/ warriors from the three plot outpost. Regardless I would suggest OP having a clearer suggestion in the future. 
EDIT: To clarify by clearer I mean a better defined concept, your justification was fine.
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: Angmar outpost: Troll Keep
« Antwort #4 am: 5. Apr 2016, 18:30 »
I like your idea, although I'd replace the wolf by the dragons seen in Ruudevil's video.
But sadly for you, the community has been against the return of permanent trolls for a long time ^^

#JeSuisRogash

d0m0a

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #5 am: 5. Apr 2016, 19:55 »
But sadly for you, the community has been against the return of permanent trolls for a long time ^^

Then, from my point of view, they're not real players of Angmar. Trolls were in the original game a main part of Angmar's army.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #6 am: 5. Apr 2016, 20:08 »
Well, it depends on the definition of "real players of Angmar".
Angmar is something different than "EA Games' Angmar". :P

kreso

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
« Antwort #7 am: 6. Apr 2016, 18:40 »
Hi
Some reasons why we dont need that outpost. I think they already have all units rolle filled, Werewolfs instead trolls, and Sorceres are here for bonus mass slay, and no need for more mass slay units and Hero, we have most intresting and most unique mass slayer hero, Zaphragor.

Best regards!!!
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

d0m0a

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Angmar outpost: Troll Keep or alternatives
« Antwort #8 am: 6. Apr 2016, 21:57 »
Then if the people only want the trolls as summon, maybe they should be permanent, but costing a lot of CP for summon them, just as the Harad and Rhun reinforcements of Mordor, summoning a group of snow trolls an hill trolls, while Rogash stays in the battlefield until be killed. They can summon more trolls, but no more Rogash until he dies.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 6. Apr 2016, 23:49 »
The question is: Why? Every summoned unit in the spellbook is temporary. The ability is good enough, there is no need to bring the trolls permanently.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #10 am: 7. Apr 2016, 02:42 »
You should also try to understand the design philosophy behind Angmar. Angmar is ruled by an elite of sorcerers and human warriors. It is a realm teeming with cunning and pride. Neither of these features are really possessed by Trolls, except Olog-Hai to a degree. Logically, Trolls are shunned in (Angmar) society for their stupidity and therefore relegated to menial tasks such as labour and other activities that require the strength that trolls possess.

As you can see, Olog-Hai are unique to Mordor for they were bred by Sauron. This makes it so that Mordor has access to the strongest trolls. In contrast, you could say that Angmar is thus a more man-oriented realm, and races that differ from humans are at the bottom of the chain of command in the faction.

Also, for the sake of differentiating Angmar from both Mordor and the eventual Misty Mountains, you can understand that it is a conscience design decision that Trolls have a very small impact in Angmar gameplay. If anything, gratitude might be in order instead, for ET compromised for the fans, by replacing the Northern Cold Drakes with a Rogash Summon, going against their initial design.

I hope I gave you some insight as to why Trolls have little influence in Angmar.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

LordMaus

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #11 am: 9. Apr 2016, 03:32 »
if edain team decreases the cooldown of troll spawning spellbook skill a little more; then I believe the fans who love angmar trolls will be much happier^^ and I think it is a good suggestion too to make everyone happy with this way.

Dendrotheos

• Bilbos Festgast
  • æsc cyning. Freca Rohanes
« Antwort #12 am: 11. Apr 2016, 13:38 »
+1 to Odysseus' point. Angmar is most effective, in my opinion, in the unique aspects of their strategy; the deployment of vassal troops for harassment, with a small elite army of carn dum forces for frontal assaults. The other forces like wolves and sorcerers and the like add more versitility, but the core of Angmar is the men. To detract from the central aspect of the faction with trolls, I think, would decentralise the focus of the faction, making it more fragmented than the current unified feel. ET did a great job with the balance of the faction as a whole, so to introduce the trolls as permanent would, I think, threaten the faction's equilibrium.
"Bealocwealm hafað fréone frecan forth onsended. Giedd sculon singan gléomenn sorgiende."

abdo5720315

• Hobbit
« Antwort #13 am: 22. Mär 2017, 00:28 »
hello there
i have some ideas for angmar faction
first i would like to change witch-king skin to the one in shadow of angmar game
second angmar has no subfaction so why we don't add the trolls of the north as a subfaction for it
third we can add agendaur from the war of the north game as a new hero for angmar
and thank you :)