28. Mär 2024, 18:00 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New Hope  (Gelesen 2372 mal)

Namek

• Hobbit
  • BFME Forever
New Hope
« am: 7. Apr 2016, 04:02 »
After long time waiting for new version of BFME, based on the new Hobbit movies, is with pleasure to see that there are people who never forget this amazing game...

I hope to do all what I can to this game stay alive...

In fact, I would like to complete it as much as possible, but I dont have the knowledge or the tecnics to do it in the best way.

However, I think Lothlorien would be better if they have the same system of the dwarves, allow to choose between Lothlorien, Rivendell and Mirkwood (for more complete could have a fourth sub faction, Lindon).

After all, what you are doing with this mod at this moment is outstanding...

Greatfull greetings to all...

Farewell.. :)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: New Hope
« Antwort #1 am: 7. Apr 2016, 06:29 »
I don't think that's a good idea. In addition Mirkwood is already very nicely integrated as a sub-faction with 4 units and 2 heroes. Rivendell will be a separate faction and Lindon is the subfaction of Arnor, I think. They're all very nicely integrated and using the same system as the dwarves would just take from their originality since they would all have the same spellbook. I don't exactly see Thranduil being buddy-buddy with Radagast.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: New Hope
« Antwort #2 am: 7. Apr 2016, 13:08 »
In fact, I would like to complete it as much as possible, but I dont have the knowledge or the tecnics to do it in the best way.

I would say that the Mod is quite complete. Obviously, the progress is still going on, and any change could occur anytime, but I really have the feeling that the 4.0 version has indeed been developed greatly.
I guess it's primarily the Edain Team's task to continuously develop their own project and to take care of the major technical aspects; the Community's fundamental role is, on the other hand, expressing its own opinions on anything Edain-related, and proposing more and more suggestions for improvements or alternative possibilities (and we see how many suggestions were splendidly implemented in the game)  ;)

As for your proposal about Lothlórien, it simply wouldn't be reasonable, for various reasons.
The Dwarves' system implies necessarily that all the factions involved will have the same spellbook and the same structures. This is, as far as I know, an inevitable technical implication that can't be overcome; it would thus create, as you can imagine, a lot of serious conceptual problematics for the Elven factions.
I think the most significant reasons are, though, the very role and status of Mirkwood in the Third Age, compared to the realm of Lothlórien, and the overall condition of the Elves in the War of the Ring. As a result, all these aspects naturally reflect themselves on the gameplay and the whole conceptual structure of the faction.

Something similar was proposed many other times in the past, but it was always rejected with just motivations.
I already gave a proper answer in another thread  :)

To summarise a bit, I strongly believe that Mirkwood is excellently implemented in the game with the current subfaction system, which is probably one of the smartest systems of the Mod (used to implement in a rational way many other significant elements for the other factions).
Mirkwood being an independent faction or other proposals of this kind would surely make Lothlórien poorer, as a faction.
This thread is closed.

--- LOCKED ---