28. Mär 2024, 09:34 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Theodred's voice...  (Gelesen 5028 mal)

canadyan

• Bilbos Festgast
Theodred's voice...
« am: 8. Apr 2016, 16:28 »
Theodred's voice is the only thing that I dislike about Rohan currently. Obviously, it is used from Braveheart but it completely takes me out of the immersion of the Mod, to the point where I don't even recruit him anymore.

Is there any plans to use something less recognizable or cut from the movies dialogue? I understand this is would not be a high priority, I'm just wondering if this is simply a placeholder for now.

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
Re: Theodred's voice...
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Apr 2016, 16:38 »
As far as I know, they are permanent.  The problem is that Theodred has no lines in the films at all because he dies early on in the Two Towers.  With that said, I actually like the lines they gave Theodred.  Yes, they do make me think of Braveheart when I hear them, but they fit him pretty well, at least in my opinion.   

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 8. Apr 2016, 16:47 »
Is it because the sounds are disturbing, marred or any other issue of this sort? Otherwise, I don't really think that a sound set will ever be changed due to subjective opinions as yours; they are legitimate opinions, but I can't honestly recall anyone else ever complaining about his lines (at least, not questioning their appropriateness in the game)  :)

Keep in mind that sounds are changed if there are serious technical problems affecting them. If there aren't, they are not generally replaced, unless there are really many people displeased by them.
Not all sounds can be perfect, especially the ones we have no reference to in the films. I think, though, that the current rendition is quite satisfying and fitting.
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Apr 2016, 16:50 von DieWalküre »

canadyan

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 8. Apr 2016, 16:49 »
True, he has no dialogue in the films and I agree, the lines are good lines, it's just really hard not to always picture William Wallace when he speaks. And he has a scottish accent and no one else does in Rohan  :D

For the dialogue from the films, I actually meant someone else's dialogue, such as a minor character not represented in the Mod. You could probably use Faramir's Ranger Captain's from the film, seeing as they are not currently represented in the Mod.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 8. Apr 2016, 17:03 »
I don't think such minor characters have so epic and distinctive lines (significant characteristics for a sound set). The priority is more looking for distinctive quotations, rather than implementing every sound from the films at all costs.

Sometimes, you just have to accept things  :D
For example, Helegwen needed to have appropriate lines as her current lines from Snow White and the Huntsman; otherwise, nothing could have been appropriately used from the films.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #5 am: 10. Apr 2016, 19:14 »
I really like Theodreds soundset, I think it fits him perfectly as the first person to fight and fall in defense of Rohan at the Fords of Isen. He is a hero, a true hero, and deserves the epic lines he has.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #6 am: 24. Jul 2016, 03:18 »
Theodred's voice is the only thing that I dislike about Rohan currently. Obviously, it is used from Braveheart but it completely takes me out of the immersion of the Mod, to the point where I don't even recruit him anymore.

Is there any plans to use something less recognizable or cut from the movies dialogue? I understand this is would not be a high priority, I'm just wondering if this is simply a placeholder for now.

You and me are probably the only people who think so. Really, I'm not even using him at all anymore. But I seriously doubt that will ever be changed.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #7 am: 24. Jul 2016, 06:59 »
Probably a bit off-topic, but, wouldn't it be interesting to make a list of where the different soundsets for characters who don't have spoken lines in the films originate? Just a thought  :)

TheGodEuros

• Hobbit
« Antwort #8 am: 3. Dez 2016, 01:37 »
Just wanted to say that I also dislike it to the point of not recruiting him anymore, u just picture william wallace once u hear him...as we can see it was not a one person thing...

Mateiyu

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #9 am: 10. Jan 2017, 11:02 »
Hi all !

I myself dislike his voiceset, it takes me out of the game (feels too "outworldly" I'd say). But that does not get in the way of me enjoying the game or recruiting him...!

The-north-lord

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Komme nicht zwischen den Nazgúl und seine Beute !
« Antwort #10 am: 18. Jan 2017, 20:39 »
Parts from theodreds voice are from the movie "the 13. Warrior"

I found it today
Wer gerne mal mit mir spielen möchte , einfach mal eine Private Nachricht schreiben ( Spiele NUR die aktuellste Edain Version , sprich Edain 4.4.1 )

mycaelspear

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #11 am: 19. Jan 2017, 17:02 »
I don't think this will get fixed ever for a while. If the braveheart voice bugs you I believe someone mentioned that one of his voice tracks is from the 13th warrior. Maybe we could just use lines from that if Braveheart is taking you out of the immersion. I don't have a problem with it and sometimes I like the voices being from other places for example Grimbold's voice is from the Russel Crowe Robin Hood movie.