19. Mär 2024, 07:02 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Suggestions for Angmar's Sorcerers  (Gelesen 5079 mal)

LordMaus

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Suggestions for Angmar's Sorcerers
« am: 9. Apr 2016, 03:26 »
As you know, mage units are very unique at Angmar faction and most players love them which includs me too. After my battles with Angmar what I understand that mage units are for end game content which you even cannot spare your resources at mid game to use these units ( even at end game content wizards are not the first option to use ). If you go for mage units you spend lot's of resource escpacially for aoe damage skill against units which I love that 500 resource upgrade even it is kind of expensive; but most of cases you cannot build or prefer the wizard tower upgrade as a first option at your battle campaign ; but even you find a free outpost area which is generally close the enemy base or enemy side or at the middle  I still prefer the defense tower which gives you archer protection; but wizard tower doesn't have any defense passive to defend itself so it is not so good as a first choice. Every time I build a normal defense tower to protect it or upgrade the resource buildings to defense one; but it is not enough or it is not so effective to cover that area. Angmar is really good at the early game but after mid or end game  Angmar's good units are so expensive and it is kind of hard to defend yourself once you lose some battles and enemy march or concentrate on you to send reinforcements to defend your outpost which outposts are very important at angmar progress comparing to other factions; because other factions the outposts' usage is the support faction but at other factions you still can do many things without outposts too.

If we return to the main topic I have a suggestion to make angmar wizards more usefull, more fun and let them to be usefull in defensive potions of angmar's  fortress/outposts/castles too; because at angmar wizard's main problem is " thy already sacrifice lot's of followers to do sth and thy are very easy to be destroyed even you put them behind of your army. After thy use a skill 2-3 followers leave eventhough thy are still very easy to be killed already and these wizards are kind of very expensive too and you lose them so fast ( I don2t enter the subject that they are not effective against upgraded units as giving damage or stop/slow these upgraded ones ).

Once you upgrade your outpost's tower into the wizard tower please make this with extra features ( note that wizard tower upgraded version doesn2t have any automatic defensive feature like other upgraded tower; so I wanted to share this idea/suggestion with you ) :

1)
Like in isengard's saruman feature that saruman can enter his own tower and he use same or slightly different magical skills but not normal attacks. Thus, in our case, please make angmar's wizard tower to be enterable by putting a balcony for letting angmar wizards to use their skills there for defensive purposes to cover that wizard tower outpost.
2)
Once angmar wizard go inside of the wizard tower please let this wizard tower to enchance the wizard unit's magical skills like
*increasing the damage or,
*more range for skill or,
*lower the sacrificial amount of followers for the skills
and wizard tower will let the angmar wizard units to fire normal basicattacks too when thy don't use any damage skills ( the basic attack animation might be like angmar's wizard hero's basic attack one ).
3)
The suggestions above was for the outpost's wizard tower upgrade version for the outpost defense; but for fortress or castle defense with angmar wizard units would you make a 2nd defense tower ( 500 resources one ) which can be used by only the angmar wizards and which will let angmar wizard units to use their skills from this new defensive tower and allow to use them normal basic attacks like a black spell basic attack animation from the angmar's wizard hero like one.

Shortly, I believe that these suggestions/ideas will give a nice feature, more chance and  more fun for the angmar mage units' usage^^ and I believe that angmar will be much unique with this suggestion.

What is your opinion about this ? I really would like to see some comments from edain team and from the fans. Thankyou for reading my suggestion. Take care yourself and have a nice day friends.

by LordMaus^^.

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
Re: Suggestions for Angmar's Sorcerers
« Antwort #1 am: 9. Apr 2016, 18:41 »
I think they are already too "fun". If it is funny to desintegrate entire armies with 2 skills, well i would be agree with you. Also if you use the builder the outpost instantly gives you the upgrade is actually free because the builder gioves 500 resources....
I think mages are enough strong i would say completely remove the current sistem by other more balanced.

EDIT: I have been thinking a lot in how make this guys usefull but also balanced in the game.

My idea is change the effect of the wizard tower.

Instead allow the mages to get all spells, it can be like a general upgrade to all wizards that instantly get all their abilities strenghted.

For example: imagine corpse rain get nerfed to half of his actual dmg. Well this would be the standard effect. With the tower upgrade the dmg of this abilitie would be increased, or get a new effect( more time poisoning, reduce speed or something like that).

This combined with less speed of recovering the acolytes would make more strategic their use and more fun in my opinion.

Aplied to other current abilities, the freezing can be reduced in time to the half like standard effect and once tower of sorcery is built get 30% more time stun or 15% less movement speed once the stun is over, whatever you want.

And the same with all other abilities.   What do you think about this?
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Apr 2016, 19:04 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 9. Apr 2016, 18:56 »
I have been thinking a lot in how make this guys usefull but also balanced in the game.

My idea is change the effect of the wizard tower.

Instead allow the mages to get all spells, it can be like a general upgrade to all wizards that instantly get all their abilities strenghted.

For example: imagine corpse rain get nerfed to half of his actual dmg. Well this would be the standard effect. With the tower upgrade the dmg of this abilitie would be increased, or get a new effect( more time poisoning, reduce speed or something like that).

This combined with less speed of recovering the acolytes would make more strategic their use and more fun in my opinion.

Aplied to other current abilities, the freezing can be reduced in time to the half like standard effect and once tower of sorcery is built get 30% more time stun or 15% less movement speed once the stun is over, whatever you want.

And the same with all other abilities.   What do you think about this?

There is another recent thread (created this exact same day) that deals with similar matters. I will merge everything with that topic, and I will also modify a bit the title of the discussion in order to make it more general.

MERGED

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 9. Apr 2016, 19:15 »

I wrote this in other thread because i thought the objective of each thread was completely diferent.

1 Thread wants more powerfull sorcerers while the other wants them a bit weaker.
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Apr 2016, 19:36 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 9. Apr 2016, 19:43 »
I wrote this in other thread because i thought the objective of each thread was completely diferent.

1 Thread wants more powerfull sorcerers while the other wants them a bit weaker.

It's really a minimal difference. Different views of that kind can be easily sorted out in one single thread.
The topic is quite identical: Angmar's Sorcerers  :)

LordMaus

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #5 am: 9. Apr 2016, 23:00 »
Personally, I really would like to use the angmar's sorcerers in defensive potions too like putting them into towers ( how it is a case for saruman ) and help to defend the outpost/fortress/castle itself with auto magical attacks + able to use the normal skills too which once thy are inside of the towers and their basic attacks and skills will be enchanced. If edain team makes this possible it will be really cool. I really love the angmar mages but ,in my opinion, angmar's sorcerers should be used in defense purposes too; because thy cost too much and thy are very easy to get chewed up and spit out ( within seconds you lose all of your mage battalion instantly once enemy target your sorcerers  even with once soldier unit ) :D^^.

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #6 am: 10. Apr 2016, 02:05 »
Have you seen the amount of ways that you have to prevent the death of this mages? More than 5 ways to stun or slow your enemiees while you can use this powerfull abilities.
And once again, the money is not problem for angmar because of the builders who give the same amount of a creep each time you use 1 of them. Is ridicolous. Mages are too powerfull and let them to autoattacks from a tower and even more powerfull abilities is insane. keep in mind you dont play this only vs ia, this is made to play multiplayer and I dont hink any player would want to see this to be real. Mages are too powerfull, allow them to defend an outpost with stronger abilities is not needed at all. they can survive very well thx to the amount of stuns and dont forget the heal....

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #7 am: 11. Apr 2016, 18:27 »
I agree with the fact that the sorcerrers are pretty strong and might need some nerfs, although the fact of them defending their building is not bad.
I disagree with the idea to make them just like the way Saruman is used for Isengard, but when their building reaches lvl 3 there should be a mage on a balcony protecting the building, just like some buildings have arrows to shoot at enemies, why not to let the building have a mage protecting it, using the standard abilities of the mages but nerfed.
Thus the uniqueness of Isengard with saruman is still there and the sorcerers are used in a different way defending their building.

May I add that I utterly hate the sorcerers as they are disturbingly opposite with the Tolkien world's way of magic, which was used only by several creatures of certain power and not by any of the races of Middle- Earth, with a wierd exception for the elves (thanks to their rings, which were made by the power of Sauron's magic).
But this is an entirely different matter  :P
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Apr 2016, 18:40 von Saeros »

d0m0a

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #8 am: 14. Apr 2016, 15:52 »
May I add that I utterly hate the sorcerers as they are disturbingly opposite with the Tolkien world's way of magic, which was used only by several creatures of certain power and not by any of the races of Middle- Earth, with a wierd exception for the elves (thanks to their rings, which were made by the power of Sauron's magic).
But this is an entirely different matter  :P

The sorcerers learned magic thanks to the Witch King's teachings, who serves Sauron. And, while the 'creatures of certain power' and elves can use magic, they don't have to sacrifice their health for use that magic; while in the sorcerers' side, they have to sacrifice their own acolytes for use magic. The magic that the Sorcerers uses and the magic uses by the others creatures in the Middle Earth are far different.

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #9 am: 15. Apr 2016, 13:31 »
Zitat
The sorcerers learned magic thanks to the Witch King's teachings, who serves Sauron. And, while the 'creatures of certain power' and elves can use magic, they don't have to sacrifice their health for use that magic; while in the sorcerers' side, they have to sacrifice their own acolytes for use magic. The magic that the Sorcerers uses and the magic uses by the others creatures in the Middle Earth are far different.

Concerning the game and the EA franchise it is obvious that you are right, but my point was that they shouldn't be (ever) introduced because they are totally out of the lore and the way Middle Earth is presented by Tolkien in all of his books.
But since they are a part in the game and the Team thinks they add what is needed for Angmar to be an enjoyable faction to play I'm cool, I just do not use them..  xD