19. Apr 2024, 23:03 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Misty Mountains Speculations and Questions  (Gelesen 80539 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Misty Mountains Speculations and Questions
« Antwort #105 am: 23. Okt 2016, 01:43 »
And, in regards of the uniqueness which is always sought for in any concept, it might be quite revolutionary to have the most prominent hero of the faction not as the common leader (the duality aspect of the Misty Mountains' leadership), but as the loose deadly bane he really is. What if, alongside the hypothesised restrictions, he cost more than 3000 resources? I would totally accept it, provided he were to satisfy all the qualities we addressed.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #106 am: 23. Okt 2016, 01:47 »
I think that Heroes that cost more than 3000 can't be recruited by the AI, if I remember correctly, but if this cost increase was applied through upgrades in a building or something like that, it could be applied and still make Smaug recruitable, so I fully agree with your proposal!

kmogon

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "They stole it from us ! My precious Curse them!"
« Antwort #107 am: 27. Okt 2016, 21:42 »
I was thinking about soundset for Bolg - we all know that movie's bolg is more hunter than a leader and he has less dialogs like this than azog.  And as far as I remember orc who tortured gandalf hasn't as many lines. So which one would Bolg get ?

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #108 am: 27. Okt 2016, 21:52 »
I'd bet he'll get Bolg's movie soundset, even if it is not the same design, to simulate the fact that the Edain Bolg would actually take the place of the movie's design as the Bolg in Edain-Universe, so to speak.

sgtryan88

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #109 am: 3. Nov 2016, 03:17 »
About Misty Mountain Siege Mechanics.

What are the plans ?

I saw in films they have some  troll's  variants, like "Head Stone Troll",  " Catapult Trolls", "Ladder Holder Troll"  and " Shield Troll". But What about use Giant Worms "earth eaters" like a siege weapon ?

It's possible a Worm dig a tunnel into the castles like in BOTTA MOD ?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #110 am: 3. Nov 2016, 12:12 »
The giant worms of BOTFA are very unlikely to become part of the game. The Edain Team didn't like the very concept altogether. Regarding trolls themselves, I think there are some proposals in the previous posts that deal with armoured trolls, though I'm not completely sure about it; moreover, we don't have enough knowledge yet of the precise intentions (future intentions) of the developers in regards of BOTFA content. I can't unfortunately give you a definitive answer whether they want or not to explore more concerning trolls, beside the aspects which are already present in the faction. It's all speculation for now.

In my opinion, most of those concepts wouldn't fit at all in the game. The whole grotesque trait (farcical, at times) of the Hobbit trilogy is very prominent in their characterisation (as the infamous zombie trolls, for example). But I'm nonetheless very open-minded, though, towards possible scopes for additional inclusions from the third film; provided that they are really worthy of being considered, of course.

sgtryan88

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #111 am: 3. Nov 2016, 20:27 »
I can't think about Misty Mountains siege mechanics without  thinking in trolls.

They are a huge part of the faction, i know some models from BOTFA are grotesque, like that controled zombie troll,but we have a lot of interesting models too (armored trolls, catapult trolls, armored half trolls, etc.

In fact, by the production faction stage, i think patch 4.5 won't have Misty Montains :(

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #112 am: 4. Nov 2016, 01:55 »
Believe me, I understand what you stand for and that you are really hoping to see those concepts in the game. But there are some limits which must be respected, if we want the Edain Mod to keep high standards of quality. Most of those trolls are not suitable for the game, because the tone of the third film diverges concretely from the common customs; but, as I previously wrote, it wouldn't really displease me if something related to armoured trolls were added in the future (taking inspiration from BOTFA), as other important elements of the Misty Mountains.

In fact, by the production faction stage, i think patch 4.5 won't have Misty Montains :(

If the Misty Mountains are not to be in the 4.5 patch, it would be for very justified reasons. Furthermore, more time increases the chances of more innovative changes. I would thus regard it as a positive fact, not negative  :)

esparado87

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Love BFME mods :D
« Antwort #113 am: 11. Nov 2016, 11:00 »
How are buildings leveled in Misty Mountain faction?
By gaining resources in general/pillage...?

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #114 am: 11. Nov 2016, 12:58 »
Each hero respectively ranks up the recruitment buildings of their faction (f.e. Goblin king ranks up the Goblin town buildings, the Defiler ranks up the Gundabad barracks etc.). But in order for the buildings to reach rank 3, the player also needs to build Bolg. As Bolg is the unifier of the MM, he would rank up all the buildings of the faction, and as a bonus the units of MM can also purchase banner carriers.

esparado87

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #115 am: 12. Nov 2016, 19:25 »
So getting Bolg automaticly levels all buildings to level 3, even if no other heroes are hired?
Or would getting only Bolg level all buildings to only level 2?

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #116 am: 12. Nov 2016, 21:10 »
If you only get Bolg before the other heroes then the buildings will level up to level 2.

esparado87

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #117 am: 12. Nov 2016, 23:06 »
Have the units and heroes of Misty Mountain changed since this article was published?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/news/the-road-to-edain-40-misty-mountains-part-two

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #118 am: 12. Nov 2016, 23:21 »
The MM haven't been worked on afaik, the team is still busy doing other stuff first.

esparado87

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #119 am: 12. Nov 2016, 23:55 »
Will the "Siege" update come this year (not including Misty Mountains faction)?
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Nov 2016, 23:59 von esparado87 »