20. Apr 2024, 00:30 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Misty Mountains Speculations and Questions  (Gelesen 80545 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Misty Mountains Speculations and Questions
« Antwort #45 am: 10. Okt 2016, 23:59 »
We'll see what the future brings and which changes are indeed to be implemented in the game. As I often pointed out, the Misty Mountains is the most Hobbit-based faction in the game and it therefore has the formidable potential of exploring even more what is worthy of being explored in BOTFA. Alfrid, Hilda Bianca, ninja-like Legolas and even those abominations resembling trolls will never convince me of the opposite  ;)

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #46 am: 11. Okt 2016, 00:05 »
Same! Can't wait to see news of Misty Mountains, and discover what the team has got in store for them!

Canis carcharothias

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #47 am: 11. Okt 2016, 00:51 »
Zitat
This extremely conceptual and lore accurate concept has received the appreciation of Ealendril and of many other users  :)

Included me, now that I remember; that concept was fantastic, and just forgot about it. I think I'm a little bit senile...  xD

I'm sure the team will deliver, they've done a terrific job balancing canon and non-canon to date.

PD: Death to Alfrid.

esparado87

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Love BFME mods :D
« Antwort #48 am: 11. Okt 2016, 16:00 »
Make Balrog AND Smaug powerful creatures with time limit that can only be summoned as tier 4 power point powers, but the ring removes the time limit completely.

Is there another disscussion about this...?

samael

• Hobbit
« Antwort #49 am: 11. Okt 2016, 16:29 »
it would be better that the balrog should stay as normal hero and smaug as ringhero the reason why is simpel the balrog was already in khzaddhum he is durins baine and instead as the normal balrog ore you can make it a ring hero than  let it be gothmog the lord of balrogs he who wields a axe instead of whip whit special powers powers not known already cause gothmog was the lord of balrogs his might was bigger than sauron it is a suggestion of me but i think you have some ancient heroes that are worthy to use in a mod i hope this was useful keep up the good work guys

kmogon

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "They stole it from us ! My precious Curse them!"
« Antwort #50 am: 11. Okt 2016, 17:29 »
I just refer you to proper page for thing like this:
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,33098.0.html
Additionally I can say that probably barlog will stay sa a spellbook's power and Samug would be the most expensive hero in EM

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #51 am: 11. Okt 2016, 18:06 »
Make Balrog AND Smaug powerful creatures with time limit that can only be summoned as tier 4 power point powers, but the ring removes the time limit completely.

Is there another disscussion about this...?

As far as the topic is concerned, we already discussed similar matters on ModDB and here too, along with some defined information we have at disposal (despite the natural scarcity of hints of possible improvements for the future). Smaug will be the leader of the faction (conceptually, at least) as an ordinary hero (and Ring hero too), while the Balrog will be available via the spellbook as an ultimate spell, in line with this character's extremely situational nature in LOTR and with his iconic presence in the BFME series from the beginning.

By the way, all discussions related to the Misty Mountains are gathered in a general thread for now, waiting for more proper times to deal with proposals very specifically. There, we started addressing some valuable points that could indeed serve as a sound basis for future major debates. If you are willing to participate, you will be much welcome  :)

I will merge this thread with the general one mentioned above.

P.S. Referring to your post, samael, dead heroes from the past that either lived in the First Age and in the Second Age or even in the Third Age won't be implemented in the game, apart from very justified exceptions. The Edain Mod is mainly set during the War of the Ring and the Hobbit. It would be really illogical to just randomly add characters from totally different timelines, especially if these said characters are dead or have journeyed to the West. Gothmog was killed by Ecthelion of the Fountain in the tragic events of the Fall of Gondolin: there is thus no reason why he should be in the game, not even via any sort of particular mechanics (as the Last Alliance spell of Imladris).

--- MERGED ---

samael

• Hobbit
« Antwort #52 am: 11. Okt 2016, 18:13 »
yeah thats true you got a point there i didnt know that edain is following the movie and story line thx for the answer

esparado87

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Love BFME mods :D
« Antwort #53 am: 11. Okt 2016, 23:00 »
So, if Smaug is not going to be a tier 4 powerpoint power, what is the second 4rth tier power going to be(the first being Durin's Bane/Balrog) ?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #54 am: 11. Okt 2016, 23:58 »
So, if Smaug is not going to be a tier 4 powerpoint power, what is the second 4rth tier power going to be (the first being Durin's Bane/Balrog)?

I couldn't really tell. There are other Beta Testers who already tested the faction, but we're talking about more than one year ago (at the very initial stage of the Misty Mountains and of the Edain 4.0 itself). I guess they could answer you more exhaustively anyway.

According to the official news, the other ultimate spell is (if nothing is modified) the one of the 3.8.1 version: the fire dragon landing momentarily in a given area and wreaking havoc with its fire. Nevertheless, I assume there will be changes regarding these aspects as well; it's a pretty consequent implication that the presence of such spell might result in being redundant within the faction's structure, as both fire and dragon-motive already are at the heart of Smaug's existence.

If my previous speculation is somewhat valid, it could be an interesting occasion to discuss some alternatives meant to replace that spell and to explore other sides of the Goblins' universe.

UdunPlayer

• Hobbit
« Antwort #55 am: 12. Okt 2016, 07:13 »
For the second 10 points or tier 4 spell, I was thinking of a rock avalanche. That could be a reference to the giants throwing rocks at Thorin's company when they where travelling through the Misty Mountains. The power could also have some sounds from the movie's stone titans... sorry I mean... stone  "giants" (there you have the best of the movie and book philosophy). What do you think?

TheDarkOne

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Ancient evil. Endangered species.
« Antwort #56 am: 12. Okt 2016, 13:13 »
For the second 10 points or tier 4 spell, I was thinking of a rock avalanche. That could be a reference to the giants throwing rocks at Thorin's company when they where travelling through the Misty Mountains.

These mountain rock giants have nothing to do with the swarm of orcs. According to the film they are neutral natural beings. There is no need to create the 100% same spell for MM faction.

kmogon

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "They stole it from us ! My precious Curse them!"
« Antwort #57 am: 12. Okt 2016, 13:24 »
And what about wargs' summon. We know that in books these two armies was goblins and wargs, so implementing them in similar way like last aliance or uleashed power spells  would be fitting. I was thinking about plundering too couse in my opinion it's very powerfull power  now and only some factions has it in leadership style( if it would be added ) .

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #58 am: 12. Okt 2016, 13:30 »
Wargs will be in the faction as the mounts of Gundabad Hunters, I think. I don't really like the Avalanche idea because it would be too similar to Angmar's Avalanche in my opinion, and I think another aspects of the Misty Mountains can be used for that. I had an idea, but I'm not sure whether to share it or not.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #59 am: 12. Okt 2016, 13:51 »
These mountain rock giants have nothing to do with the swarm of orcs. According to the film they are neutral natural beings. There is no need to create the 100% same spell for MM faction.

In addition to this, the Edain Team once stated that they didn't particularly like the concept of the stone-giants of AUJ and they are thus not interested in bringing it into the game.

I had an idea, but I'm not sure whether to share it or not.

Feel free to share it. I have some ideas too  :)