19. Mär 2024, 07:22 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should the Witch-King get new  active/passive abilities  when he accepts the One Ring ?

With the Ring he gets a flying steed instead of the armored horse. Those who still prefer the dragons will now have a unique flying hero that would harass the enemy from above but lose most of his abilities while mounted.
8 (20.5%)
Make his hero buff ability permanent until all available heroes through the match are still alive. This ability should have a slow cooldown and after they die, and you recruit them, the Ability should be used again
4 (10.3%)
Witch-King would get new visual look, his  armor, attack and HP will  increase but also he  keeps his "old" passive global effect
7 (17.9%)
With the Ring he gets plague/ice aura that weakens enemy units (plague and on foot) or makes them lose 15-20% armor,attack and leadership while he is mounted . Note that this would be level 10 passive ability
11 (28.2%)
He is good with this set of passive global effect and does not need to get change
9 (23.1%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 37

Autor Thema: New abilities for the Witch-King after he gets the Ring  (Gelesen 6117 mal)

FilipMakedonski

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Lets give this bastards a good hammering :D !!
I created this poll for the very reason that there are many people complaining about Witch-King's abilities when he accept the One Ring that need to be changed, improved or replaced with something better.
This is an open poll were everyone should express his ideas, thoughts, proposals. Feel free to suggest even better ideas than those stated by me :D
I truly hope that the Team will have this in consideration and will decide to improve him after they are interested in some unique idea :D
Have a nice day folks,
FilipMakedonski

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: New abilities for the Witch-King after he gets the Ring
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Apr 2016, 18:07 »
The rules for establishing polls have been recently changed, after having been under discussion among the Moderators for multiple cases of misuse of this tool.
You will find the new guidelines in this informative thread.

It's definitely better setting the foundations of a good debate and building up a progressive discussion, in which everyone can express and motivate its own opinions. Then, you may come up with shared proposals and options to present to the whole Community.

I won't lock the poll, for now, but I encourage all the people willing to participate in this topic to explain their choice and to offer reasons of their possible agreements or disagreements  :)

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #2 am: 8. Apr 2016, 22:43 »
I don't think the Witch King is a great Ring Hero right now. The bonuses are cool, but I think he needs something more. Look at Galadriel, Sauron or Saruman and then, look at him... I find him lacking.

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #3 am: 9. Apr 2016, 00:22 »
Walk - You wan't explanation? Here's one:

One ring is really powerfull tool, and if Witch-King is using it, he really should get some addition to state that he's in now.

I woted on making his support heroes ability pemanent because I think that as a lider of faction, he would use his powers not only to become personally invincible, but for making his generals more usable, so all his army gets stronger and Angmar could become really mihgty.
We all know that he like usable toys (one of nine rings, fellbeast, his sword that gets on fire, etc.) so it will be reasonable, that his human (and not only human) toys gets stronger, to better serve him.

Also, I think that when he gets the ring - Rogash and his trolls should loose their timers (make them permanent). It will be nice addition. ;)

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 9. Apr 2016, 01:18 »
Walk - You wan't explanation? Here's one:

One ring is really powerfull tool, and if Witch-King is using it, he really should get some addition to state that he's in now.

I woted on making his support heroes ability pemanent because I think that as a lider of faction, he would use his powers not only to become personally invincible, but for making his generals more usable, so all his army gets stronger and Angmar could become really mihgty.
We all know that he like usable toys (one of nine rings, fellbeast, his sword that gets on fire, etc.) so it will be reasonable, that his human (and not only human) toys gets stronger, to better serve him.

Also, I think that when he gets the ring - Rogash and his trolls should loose their timers (make them permanent). It will be nice addition. ;)
I think this would work wonderfully, with the Witch-King getting his the option of his  Fell-Beast, this of course disabling most of his abilities.
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #5 am: 9. Apr 2016, 13:04 »
No, fellbeasts were breed in mordor. So they should stay mordor's feature only.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #6 am: 9. Apr 2016, 15:05 »
No, fellbeasts were breed in mordor. So they should stay mordor's feature only.
I beg to disagree.
When I think of the WK, three aspects come to mind:
1. The Leader of the Nazgul
2. Lord of Angmar
3. Rider of a Fell-Beast
In particular the iconic moment for the WK for me was when he rode on his fell-beast while besieging minas tirith. As such while his second aspect is inappropriate for Angmar I feel, that when he is a ring-hero (A tiny % of the time) it would be ok to allow him to have that third aspect.
As for the fact that fell-beasts were only in Mordor, I feel that considering how the good fractions have a fair amount of overlap (Gondor has Rohan, Arnor has Rivendell, Rohan has lothlorien) that this small overlap could be allowed for Angmar is this case. It would also be a optional ability.
In the end however if he did get a flying mount, I would not mind Dragon or Fell-Beast, it is just a Fell-Beast seems better suited to his character and easier to implement. In the end I am fine with whatever decision the Edain team makes.
However I do see where you are coming from.
EDIT: Grammer and Spelling (Blasted wireless keyboard)
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #7 am: 9. Apr 2016, 18:59 »
I dont know if this was only in the hero submod but in 3.8.1 i think he could summon a creature of the ancient world that was really cool. It would be like lvl 10 abilitie.

ahdover

• Bilbos Festgast
  • "I have faced the Great Serpents of the North"
« Antwort #8 am: 22. Apr 2016, 23:34 »
I personally like the current effects. My only problem was it seemed like he was the same in attack and appearance (except a color change and smoke). I think an increased standard attack and armor with a bit more flair would be good. IMO

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #9 am: 23. Apr 2016, 00:51 »
I agree with Linhir, his hero support ability should be made permanent but have a longer cooldown. I also agree that the fellbeast should be a Mordor thing only but I do think that he could get a bigger AOE with his flail.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #10 am: 23. Apr 2016, 01:02 »
I think a slightly bigger AOE with his flail might not be such a bad idea. He is a little underwhelming for 3000.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Vodohaka

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Stärker als die Grundfesten der Erde.
« Antwort #11 am: 5. Mai 2016, 16:59 »
Personally I think the current concept quite nice. His passive and global ability is extremely strong over time. But I can understand if people think that he is boring as ring hero compared to Sauron or Gandalf who can kill whole armies with their abilities.

As a conclusion I wouldn't change his abilities, yet I would support a health and attack buff for his ring hero form.
Anstelle eine Dunklen Herrschers hättest du eine Königin.