29. Mär 2024, 06:25 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Enedwaith - Outpost only maps  (Gelesen 3102 mal)

Dendrotheos

• Bilbos Festgast
  • æsc cyning. Freca Rohanes
Enedwaith - Outpost only maps
« am: 10. Apr 2016, 16:14 »
Hi all. Just a short post to find peoples opinions on the subject.
The recent 4.3 update enabled the recuitment of Heroes from Outposts, a feature not originally present in earlier 4.0 patches of Edain. Is it now therefore possible to have maps that are designed to only contain Outposts and farm plots? An example of this sort of map is the Enedwaith map from Battle for Middle Earth 1, which had 8 players arrayed on two sides of a rectangular shaped map with a raised frame, with a few outposts and troll lairs in the wide central span. Would it be possible to make more of these maps, also with the recreation of the Enedwaith map?
This is some footage of the map in action, albeit on pretty dreadful settings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNZL5B91vE0

Concerning War of the Ring: some could say this is already implemented within the game with the War of the Ring mechanic. There are a couple of advantages to making specific maps of this kind in Skirmish; notably as my only example, Enedwaith, is specifically taylored to work with just Outposts, with wide spacing between bases to allow slow but thoughtful strategies to gain victory that are unique to the map. The War of the Ring maps are converted maps, which are designed to work with castles or camps, with the flow of battle and spacing and so forth, meaning that while it works well having only outposts for War of the Ring, they would work poorly as stand-alone outpost Skirmish maps.

I hope I have expressed myself clearly enough. The main question here is if it is possible to have Skirmish maps that are Outposts only. And if so would we get new Outpost maps in future versions, such as an Edain recreation of the Enedwaith map, which is one of my personal favourites.
"Bealocwealm hafað fréone frecan forth onsended. Giedd sculon singan gléomenn sorgiende."

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Re: Enedwaith - Outpost only maps
« Antwort #1 am: 10. Apr 2016, 16:39 »
Hello Dendrotheos,

yes its possible now. We will think about it. ;)

Dendrotheos

• Bilbos Festgast
  • æsc cyning. Freca Rohanes
« Antwort #2 am: 10. Apr 2016, 17:17 »
Massive thumbs up!  xD
"Bealocwealm hafað fréone frecan forth onsended. Giedd sculon singan gléomenn sorgiende."

ringbearer

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #3 am: 10. Apr 2016, 17:21 »
Enedwaith , so much love for this map. It would be really nice to have it back :)