29. Mär 2024, 12:28 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Blubb4Games "My Hero Cup":  (Gelesen 4728 mal)

Blubb4Games

• Bilbos Festgast
Blubb4Games "My Hero Cup":
« am: 11. Apr 2016, 13:30 »
Hello Edain Mod Community,

We from Blubb4Games.de wanted to publish the announcement that we are planning a new Edain Mod tournament in late April / early May. Of course, fun is the first priority. However, we also have some prices, so that the tournament is quite attractive even for experienced players :)

This will be our first tournament with the Edain Mod Community. We hope to deliver a good show. The event is still under construction, but we accept registrations right now, so we can prepare better. Here is a short overview:

As you can see, the focus is on the self-created hero. We want to encourage the players to think of an individual strategy that builds up around the own hero.

1) Ring Heroes + Custom Hero allowed.
2) We'll use skirmish standard settings.
3) Each round is a "Best of 3 match."
4) 3000 start resources.
5) The own hero must at least cost 1,000 resources (to prevent players to take the own hero not seriously and create a fake hero to save costs).
6) The first thing which will be built in each game first, is his own hero.
7) The maps are set. The map pool has not been fully determined. There will be a mixture of 2, 3 and 4 player maps.
8) The players can choose their own races. It is important that the race must switch after a game.
9) The starting positions are alternately selected.
10) The prize pool: The winner gets a Steam game of his own choice with a maximum value of 15 euros. 2nd place gets the same with a maximum value of 10 euros. The winner of the game for the 3rd place also gets a Steam game with a maximum value of 5 euros.

Anyone who wants to join this tournament can write in this thread, send an e-mail to dennis.rieso@gmx.de, or also can send a pm message.

We will update this thread here from time to time to keep you informed.

We are happy for advices, criticism and recommendations :)

Best wishes!

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
Re: Blubb4Games "My Hero Cup":
« Antwort #1 am: 11. Apr 2016, 14:21 »
Greetings,

I personally think it is too soon to hold such a tournament. CAH has not yet been refurbished by ET, leaving it in a rather unpolished state. The limited amount of choice and the bugs would really hurt the first impression this tournament could make and the true potential that it has. Furthermore, most custom heroes have similar abilities, yet completely different costs due to their respectively chosen class, probably making it a bit redundant to do CAH in its current state in the first place. It will also lead to some players keeping more resources than their opponent after having build their custom hero, creating some uneven scenarios. And ring heroes pretty much win you the game if not squandered.

That said and considered, if the tournament is for fun, and not for competition, being thus casual in nature, I see no problems with these settings for a tournament and I wish you the best of luck with organising it!

Kindest regards,

Odysseus.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #2 am: 11. Apr 2016, 14:27 »
Really nice. Far away from the usual ultra competitive no-custom, no-ring, 1k starts. I do have some concerns about balance but I haven't played enough to voice them properly, I leave this to somebody more experienced. The one I have the most problem is rule #5, making a cheap hero is definitely a viable strategy and can be the driving edge of a player's battle plan. The great thing about heroes is that you can push a single role which cannot be done for regular heroes. Since the cost is simply ability based it'd be great to see some very strong & cheap heroes with no abilities making them very dangerous in some aspect. I think this rule should be removed. Other than that, I'm excited how this is going to turn out.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #3 am: 11. Apr 2016, 16:03 »
Can be used heros of evil with good factions and good faction heros with evil factions?
Secondly, and I suppose it is not allowed, but can the player use the glitching to get created heros with more than 8 abilities with passives and actives from other races?
Sounds like stupid question but actually the glitching is quite easy to do and some abilities can be even hidden if well glitched. Dwarves with fear or mental control abilities etc.
Thats why i dont like create a hero. I did once a hero with 5 passives and 5 actives, I mean 10 powers: The hero got firstly at lvl 5 all the passives and then each passive is remplaced by an active in lvls 6,7,8, 9 and 10.

So i think players should show the entire hero with all powers to the tournament organicers.

If we dont count this and the obvious unbalance of the CaH the tournament is good idea :)

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #4 am: 11. Apr 2016, 16:32 »
Yeah I would suggest not allowing glitches heroes because, while this isn't really balanced anyways, games might just come down too who glitches their hero the most.

It is good to see a tournement like this.  While I do like competitive games, this is very unique and would make people think of good strategies for their heroes.     Though ring heroes might be a little too much, because that will make matches entirely luck based.

Greetings, Hamanathnath

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #5 am: 12. Apr 2016, 04:56 »
My only recommendation is to not allow Ring heroes. I understand this is a just for fun styled tournament, but Ring heroes are game deciders.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Blubb4Games

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #6 am: 12. Apr 2016, 15:27 »
Hello,

this is Blubb340 from Blubb4Games.de :)

I'm the one who (I hope xD) will do the commentary. I want to answer to some of the questions.

Zitat
"It will also lead to some players keeping more resources than their opponent after having build their custom hero, creating some uneven scenarios."

"The one I have the most problem is rule #5, making a cheap hero is definitely a viable strategy and can be the driving edge of a player's battle plan."

We have already read something like that in the german thread. We are thinking of making the costs for the own hero a bit more specific. Our current idea is so specify the costs to minimum 1.300 (1.290 would be also ok I think, i created someone a few minutes ago) and maximum 1.700. So that no player would have a big disadvantage because of the hero costs.

Zitat
"Can be used heros of evil with good factions and good faction heros with evil factions?"

I don't think this is possible in the Edain Mod. I tried it out and I can't pick a bad hero with a good faction. So it's not possible in the first place. The one thing I wonder about is that I can not choose a hero with Rohan. I don't know if thats a bug in my game or if this problem is known. I'll keep an eye on that.

Zitat
"I suppose it is not allowed, but can the player use the glitching to get created heros with more than 8 abilities with passives and actives from other races?"

Glitches are not allowed. We will keep an eye on that. Many thanks^^

Zitat
"My only recommendation is to not allow Ring heroes."

I understand your point and I will pass on this concern. I think it will not be removed because the tournament is fun in the first place, but we will think about it for future tournament plans :)

Best Regards,
Blubb340 from Blubb4Games.de
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Apr 2016, 15:34 von DieWalküre »

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #7 am: 12. Apr 2016, 15:55 »
Zitat
Zitat
Can be used heros of evil with good factions and good faction heros with evil factions?
I don't think this is possible in the Edain Mod. I tried it out and I can't pick a bad hero with a good faction. So it's not possible in the first place. The one thing I wonder about is that I can not choose a hero with Rohan. I don't know if thats a bug in my game or if this problem is known. I'll keep an eye on that.
It's actually possible. It's a glitch that was installed to fight the problem of Rohan being unable to select CAH. Basically what you do is click on the greyed out hero and then type the first letter of his name and it should select him. Maybe it's been fixed, maybe not. This should allow any hero to play for any faction.

I'm still having trouble with your rule #5 :(. A CAH hero is meant to bring some diversity that the faction didn't previously have. For example, a cheap but statistically strong hero would be great for Isengard, which I heard lacks early game. On the other hand a extremely expensive hero would have been great for pre-patch 4.3 Rohan which lacked a strong late game. Overall all the CAH can open new strategies for the faction which is why I think there shouldn't be a cost limitation. But, tis not my decision, I simply share my opinion.  xD
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #8 am: 12. Apr 2016, 16:09 »
I agree with The_Necromancer0 here.  I personally don't see why there should be a minimum price for your Custom Hero.  Having a cheap hero could be part of someone's strategy.  If you think there should still be a minimum price, then it's your choice and I will deal with it, but I personally think it would be better without it.  Just my opinion :)

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #9 am: 12. Apr 2016, 16:49 »
I agree with The_Necromancer0 here.  I personally don't see why there should be a minimum price for your Custom Hero.  Having a cheap hero could be part of someone's strategy.  If you think there should still be a minimum price, then it's your choice and I will deal with it, but I personally think it would be better without it.  Just my opinion :)

well remember we are playing with 3000 resources, this can be a superstrong early game with even early access to upgrades and fully builded bases, or massive early armies. this means that if you pay less than 1000 resources for the starting hero you will have a great advantage.

About good heros with evil factions and bad heros with good factions it is posible as far as I know i will try it soon, but should be possible.

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #10 am: 12. Apr 2016, 19:12 »
well remember we are playing with 3000 resources, this can be a superstrong early game with even early access to upgrades and fully builded bases, or massive early armies. this means that if you pay less than 1000 resources for the starting hero you will have a great advantage.
But isn't that your choice?  Even if your right and paying less then 1000 makes your early game really strong, it's not like only certain people have access to that.  Everyone would have that choice. 

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #11 am: 12. Apr 2016, 20:12 »
I know what Haman is trying to do here, because I alone know what his hero is capable of. Do NOT allow heroes to be less than 1300 resources if you want the matches to be even close.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #12 am: 12. Apr 2016, 20:27 »
I know what Haman is trying to do here, because I alone know what his hero is capable of. Do NOT allow heroes to be less than 1300 resources if you want the matches to be even close.
No, I am not doing this for my strategy.  I just don't think that in a non-competitive game like the ones that will be in this tournament, a restriction like this is needed.

Again, I won't mind iif they keep the minimum price.  This is not an attempt to swing the matches in my favor.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #13 am: 12. Apr 2016, 21:15 »
:o taking the high road? Well that's good of you :) I still want a minimum of 1300 though, I think this will make the matches a lot more interesting. Having some cheap 500$ hero with like 1 ability is a boring move in my opinion, and if the games aren't serious I would at least like to have them entertaining.

Blubb4Games

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #14 am: 13. Apr 2016, 21:03 »
Hello again and many, many thanks for all of these comments.

Well, I think the main discussion atm is the price strategy for the own hero.

We will update the minimum and maximum costs. Some people say 1,000 min and 2,000 max is not good enough. Other people say that there should be no limit. What I can say is that there will be a limit. We must do it because these 500 fake heroes with no real meaning are unfair to those people, who create a real hero. So there will be a limit.

I think we will go to 1,200 min and 1,800 max. When the decision is final, I will update the first post.

Many thanks again for all the input.

Best Regards,
Blubb340