29. Mär 2024, 07:53 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: crash on launch + can't update  (Gelesen 4669 mal)

Kami no Varou

• Hobbit
crash on launch + can't update
« am: 11. Apr 2016, 15:44 »
Hey there,
I'm having issues with Edain 4.3.
I was running Edain 4.2 on my old computer without problem, under Windows 7. I have now a new computer under Windows 10, and I tried to install Edain back with the arrival of 4.3.
I have BFME2 1.06 and RotWK 2.01, no other mod. Both in english.
Upon installing Edain 4.3, I get notified updates for both launcher and game, so the launcher update itself. From there, I can't update the game, it would search then tell me
Zitat
All updateservers are under heavy load. An update is currently not possible. Please try again later. The launcher needs to be restarted before that.
Also the bottom right togglebar (for select the server) is disabled.

Now, when I launch the game, it starts normally until I get to main menu. Then it crash, with no other message than the Windows stardart one saying the application stopped working.
When I disable the mod, the same happens, except it crash when I try to do anything in the menu (options, skirmish) instead of when the menu pops.
I tried uninstall/reinstall both games, Edain, to use "Fix non-starting games". Nothing has worked so far.

I don't think you could use any screen since there's pretty much nothing happening. I didn't find any similar problem on the forum. Tell me if you need something.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: crash on launch + can't update
« Antwort #1 am: 11. Apr 2016, 21:45 »
I'm having the same issue but only for the update, and I'm getting the same message.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #2 am: 11. Apr 2016, 21:58 »
Simply restart the launcher and see if the server list on the bottom right is appearing. There should be a list of multiple servers. If it never appears then something is blocking the launcher from getting internet access. Check your firewall and anti virus if its blocking the launcher in that case.

The other error is an error in the Intel graphics driver. If you have a dedicated graphics card then make sure that one is used via its driver menu (you need to execute the game.dat and the lotrbfme2ep1.exe with the other graphics card.). If you only have an Intel graphics chip then you need to uninstall the graphics card driver and install an roughly two year old windows 8.1 driver to get the game to work.

ringbearer

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #3 am: 11. Apr 2016, 22:52 »
Can there be another problem? MY launcher doesn't find any servers but i even disable antivirus + Edain launcher isn't even on my firewall list and still error :/

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #4 am: 11. Apr 2016, 22:54 »
Yeah, there was another issue regarding the launcher so that it only found the servers if pinging is working. Some internet providers or routers block pinging though. Used another method to check for internet access now. Simply update the launcher and you should be able to update the mod too.

ringbearer

« Antwort #5 am: 11. Apr 2016, 22:59 »
Yeah , it found new update for launcher but i cannot update still , launcher or mod itself.

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #6 am: 11. Apr 2016, 23:02 »
The cannot find server message should only appear if you update the mod. You can also manually update the launcher by downloading the setup, for example here:
http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,32650.0.html

ringbearer

« Antwort #7 am: 11. Apr 2016, 23:10 »
Many thanks, it works :)

Kami no Varou

• Hobbit
« Antwort #8 am: 12. Apr 2016, 10:49 »
That's... unexpected. I havea NIVDIA GTX950M, I didn't expect it to cause this. Are you sure it is a problem with my graphic card ? Cause actually I only crash in the main menu, which means the Dale cinematic is displayed properly.
And if it is, am I gonna loose performance with my others games (atm LoL and Starcraft) if I take an older driver ?

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #9 am: 12. Apr 2016, 11:05 »
Please reread my post. Yes, I am 100% sure it's a problem with the Intel graphics driver. If you have a dedicated graphics card make sure it's used. You have a dedicated graphics card. So go into the Nvidia drivers menu and make sure the game.dat and the lotrbfme2ep1.exe are executed with it and not the Intel card. You don't need to install the old driver in that case.

Kami no Varou

• Hobbit
« Antwort #10 am: 12. Apr 2016, 11:25 »
Alright, I didn't understand it this way ^^'. It is indeed working now (both of the problems)
Thank you, sir. Cheers.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #11 am: 12. Apr 2016, 16:50 »
Don't know if this will work for everybody but I disabled/renabled the mod and now it seems to be updating fine.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/