28. Mär 2024, 22:23 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Imladris Weather Spell - Relief from Aman  (Gelesen 12035 mal)

CragLord

• Gast
Re: A new weather-related spell for Imladris - Relief from Aman
« Antwort #15 am: 12. Apr 2016, 14:02 »
Great idea Walk, nicely prepared!  ;)  (**)
I really like it! :)

PS. If you need some help with sound effect, I could help you to make something similar to Durin's day sound ofc with apropriate wind/shining effects etc.  ;)

Regards,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Apr 2016, 14:08 von CragLord »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #16 am: 12. Apr 2016, 14:15 »
Thank you Crag  :)
Of course, if you are willing to come up with a suitable sound, your help is very much welcome! Your skills proved to be great in the final rendition of Durin's Day. I would be really glad if you managed to reach a proper outcome for this spell, following the proposal's guidelines. Again, many thanks, you are always so generous  ;)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: 12. Apr 2016, 14:33 »
Thank you for kind words.  :)
I have read your proposal, and I got idea to create sound effect which will be consisted from 2 parts, first (shorter in duration) one which would be sound effect of stronger wind (part correlated to blowing away Darkness, Rain or Snow) and longer second part which would be mixed tone (of calmer wind and shining effect) which represents that holy and bright atmosphere of Aman as you described. :)
Does this sound appropriate to you? :)

PS. I will post it here when I finish it next few days (when I come back to home :) ).

Greetings,
Crag
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Apr 2016, 15:00 von CragLord »

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #18 am: 12. Apr 2016, 17:27 »
Nice concept, I like when faction-mechanics differ each other, even if to a small extent^^

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #19 am: 12. Apr 2016, 21:11 »
Nice concept, I like when faction-mechanics differ each other, even if to a small extent^^

Differentiation is exactly the main theme lying behind this proposal. It's great to hear that you like it. Grazie Mille  ;)

Yes, Crag, your two-part sound suggestion sounds really great and fitting, in the general spell's context.
So, I guess we have to wait patiently a bit, now, for further information or updates/news regarding both this suggestion and Imladris. We don't obviously know which faction will come next and how this spell will be rendered graphically (theoretically, we don't even know if all of this will be part of the game).

Nevertheless, this thread will obviously remain open for feedback, suggestions and other improvements of this proposal (like sound suggestions)  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Apr 2016, 21:41 von DieWalküre »

CragLord

• Gast
Re: Imladris Weather Spell - Relief from Aman
« Antwort #20 am: 17. Apr 2016, 11:44 »

Glad you find it appropriate. Ok, you have right, we will wait for general info from team.
I will make sound effect in no time, just I will need some more info, for example desired duration of sound effect (which should be correlated with duration of visual effect etc), so we will wait for that general info.

Regards,
CragLord

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #21 am: 18. Apr 2016, 23:47 »
Thanks to the precious help of Crag, this is how I imagined the icon picture of Relief from Aman could look like.

As you can see, this image was cropped strictly around the Mount Taniquetil only, from the original picture that is shown in the first post. I really like the general warm and bright tone of the icon's colours, stressing the importance of the Holy Mountain itself, from which all winds are commanded, and of the sacred atmosphere of Valinor that will fill Imladris with Hope.

The picture still obviously needs some improvements, but all of this was just meant to be a sort of main 'draft' of my idea. I really hope it will be implemented in the game following this design, in order to achieve a great combination out of all this thread's elements  ;)

I will also update the main post.
And, always, long live details!  :D

EDIT: Picture fixed.
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Apr 2016, 00:21 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #22 am: 29. Apr 2016, 14:43 »
I think the definitive concept of the spell and its graphical/technical aspects are more or less already defined. I had an idea, though, about improving a little bit the thematic nature of the same spell, just to integrate better the whole Valinor-related atmosphere and to add more smartly other lore significant details.

After the 'first part' (a brief part) of the spell, when the Wind blows away every precedent weather spell, the holy atmosphere of Valinor, as I previously wrote, will fill the whole atmosphere with Hope and Light. So, I thought it would be really great if we could hear, softly in the background, even the sound of the holy Bells of Valimar, the capital of Valinor and the Supreme City of Arda where the thrones of the Valar lie. Valimar is exactly known as the City of Many Bells.

Therefore, I think I can modify a little bit the spell's description I have in mind: Manwë summons the winds of Aman from the Mount Taniquetil and sends them in Noldor's aid; Darkness, Rain and Snow will be blown away, and the holy Light of Valinor and the sound of the Bells of Valimar will fill the battlefield with Hope.

The description obviously lacks precise numerical indications, but this will obviously be sorted out later by Balance Testers and the Edain Team. Furthermore, I decided that it would be more suitable if the spell 'only' had the property of piercing any precedent meteorological phenomenon and blessing units, heroes and structures with Light (similarly to what currently happens with Lothlórien); I guess we could well do without the stunting effect, also because I read that it often causes issues with the game's engine.

Regarding the sound, this is something I will start working on with Crag once I receive more specific information by the Edain Team, when they will (probably) implement the actual spell in the game, and, more importantly, when Imladris will be announced (because we don't know yet if it will be the next faction). Nevertheless, apart from the brief parts involving the Wind and the Bells, today I had a sort of enlightenment about which sound I could propose. This is, though, something that I would rather keep secret, as a surprise for all of you (internal staff excluded) when the time will come  xD

Let me know what you think and, if you want, give your feedback on the matter  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Apr 2016, 14:48 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #23 am: 31. Jul 2016, 23:24 »
This proposal of mine, that exactly presents the original and initial concept of Light of Aman, has been moved to the newly established board of Imladris. I really wish the very proposal did remain alive and worthy of enabling other discussions on the matter, in light of the important connection that ties up every weather spell to its own relative faction  :)