29. Mär 2024, 01:27 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Mod is installing in the wrong location...  (Gelesen 5823 mal)

aflumbahgee

• Bilbos Festgast
Mod is installing in the wrong location...
« am: 11. Apr 2016, 21:11 »
I deleted and reinstalled ROTWK and renamed the install folder, when I go to install the edain mod it tries to install the mod in the old name of the install folder, which doesnt exist so it literally creates one with that name then puts the files there...which is useless. So I reverted my install folder back to the old name but then the launcher was telling me It needed the new names install folder???

How do I make the edain launcher install in the correct place?

I even deleted edain and everything and re downloaded it and it still somehow knows the old location of the game? Is there a file I need to delete with that information in it or something, I could not find any folder in the my games in my documents where normally saves and such are stored.

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
Re: Mod is installing in the wrong location...
« Antwort #1 am: 11. Apr 2016, 21:13 »
By not fooling around with the game folder. Uninstall the mod and the game. Install the game again, patch it to 2.01 and install Edain again.

aflumbahgee

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 11. Apr 2016, 22:05 »
By not fooling around with the game folder. Uninstall the mod and the game. Install the game again, patch it to 2.01 and install Edain again.

Ok i have managed to install the game but now im missing a whole bunch of ini files which has the descriptions of stuff when you hover over buildings etc, why has that happened?

I cant seem to connect to the servers either, keeps telling me they are busy but it still manages to get some of the updates anyway
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Apr 2016, 22:08 von aflumbahgee »

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #3 am: 11. Apr 2016, 22:08 »
Did you download the setup for 4.3 from here or moddb? Do that and install it first. The download and install the launcher update for exmaple from moddb too, then search and install the 4.3.1 update via the launcher.

aflumbahgee

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 11. Apr 2016, 22:13 »
Did you download the setup for 4.3 from here or moddb? Do that and install it first. The download and install the launcher update for exmaple from moddb too, then search and install the 4.3.1 update via the launcher.

I downloaded and installed from moddb the demo and launcher. But this is what happens in picture form:

http://imgur.com/a/IocCW

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #5 am: 11. Apr 2016, 22:16 »
The server list on the bottom right is empty. There is probably something blocking the launcher from finding the servers. Maybe your firewall or anti virus. Make an exception for the launcher and try again. Also simply try again, sometimes it just cant connect for the moment but can at the next try.
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Apr 2016, 22:24 von Turin Turumbar »

aflumbahgee

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #6 am: 11. Apr 2016, 22:25 »
The server list on the bottom right is empty. There is probably something blocking the launcher from finding the servers. Maybe your firewall or anti virus. Make an exception for the launcher and try again. Also simply try again, sometimes it just cant connect for the moment but can at the next try.

I made an exception for the launcher in avast and windows firewall and it still isnt working :/

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #7 am: 11. Apr 2016, 22:28 »
Ok, you are gonna get an experimental build of the launcher now to see if you get the server list then.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7vwhjlmnuwbo12/Edain_Mod_Launcher.exe?dl=0
Download that file and put it in your Rise of the Witch king folder and check if you get the server list.

aflumbahgee

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #8 am: 11. Apr 2016, 22:32 »
Ok, you are gonna get an experimental build of the launcher now to see if you get the server list then.
Download that file and put it in your Rise of the Witch king folder and check if you get the server list.

That launcher wont even let me click update :/

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #9 am: 11. Apr 2016, 22:36 »
Ok. So it isnt even loading the serverlist. Try that one:
Sorry for using you for trouble shooting right now, but I cant reproduce the problem on my computer.

aflumbahgee

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #10 am: 11. Apr 2016, 22:39 »
Ok. So it isnt even loading the serverlist. Try that one:
Sorry for using you for trouble shooting right now, but I cant reproduce the problem on my computer.

This one works! Doing update now.

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #11 am: 11. Apr 2016, 22:40 »
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. Gonna release that version as an update now. ;)

aflumbahgee

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #12 am: 11. Apr 2016, 22:45 »
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. Gonna release that version as an update now. ;)

No problem, thanks for helping me :D