28. Mär 2024, 17:38 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain Demo 4.3: Mission: The Path of the Edain Feedback  (Gelesen 5658 mal)

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Edain 4.31 includes the mission map "The Path of the Edain". In this thread you can post your feedback concerning the map.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
Re: Edain Demo 4.3: Mission: The Path of the Edain Feedback
« Antwort #1 am: 12. Apr 2016, 21:47 »
I haven't played a lot of the map, but I think it is too difficult. I started playing with 5 AI (For the Heroes), and I wasn't even level 3 when I noticed three heroes had been already defeated.

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 12. Apr 2016, 22:38 »
Yeah I use to die really fast too. I think it is meant for humans and not AI. AI tends to run into the ennemies and fight until the hero dies, whereas humans would retreat and do something intelligent :D
Btw I have the impression that the trolls are freaking OP on this map only, it takes a while to kill them!

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #3 am: 13. Apr 2016, 09:19 »
The map should be playable with AI too, but then it's much more important to choose the right allies and the correct ways.

For example at least one troll should be chosen, one hero with a heal ability for allies and one with a spear throw.

If the player chooses the corridor at the right side, it is possible to level the heroes a bit, without dieing. With two troll heroes it's even easier. Of course that are just my personal experiences.
« Letzte Änderung: 13. Apr 2016, 11:17 von FG15 »

Davide3i

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 14. Apr 2016, 20:45 »
I tried the map with 5 AIs along me but, as soon as I start it... they just start running like Forrest Gump, not even fighting enemies. The map is not playable by me or, probably, I'm doing something wrong.
Any hints? :)

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #5 am: 14. Apr 2016, 20:53 »
When the AI has too many points in vision range, it starts attacking too far behind. Just make this attribute quite low for the AIs, and it will work alright.

Davide3i

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #6 am: 14. Apr 2016, 20:57 »
May I ask which one is this attribute in the English version?
Thank you!

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #7 am: 14. Apr 2016, 21:20 »
The one at the bottom of all the attributes.

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #8 am: 14. Apr 2016, 22:51 »
What is the general opinion about the Minimap?
Theoretically the Merchant offers an upgrade, such that when entering an already visited floor, all visitied rooms will be shown on the Minimap. Do you think that is enough for not loosing your orientation on the map, or should this feature be enabled from the start.

Also what is the general opinion about the Trolls? Should their basic attack be nerved, or should all other heroes get a damage boost, or all other melee heroes should get a minimal area of attack for their basic attacks?

Davide3i

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #9 am: 15. Apr 2016, 10:48 »
Going back to the AIs problem, I've done as you said, but most of the other heroes (Perspicacity set to the minimum value) just run to death without even attacking.
A couple of the other ones don't move.
I think this map is kind of hard to be played without other human players.

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #10 am: 15. Apr 2016, 19:32 »
Well Trolls are definitely great on this map.  While other heroes are better at killing the Stronger units then Trolls, I think this should be more prominent.  So making other heroes do more damage would help.

I think a better idea, instead of a damage nerf to trolls, maybe they should take more damage, so they are more of a risk then they are right now.  Even pike units don't do much damage to them, so I would suggest making them take slightly more damage from everything.

Delta

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #11 am: 22. Apr 2016, 12:24 »
I actually found I got the furthest when, I had 4 Captain of Gondors and two Rangers.

I think the trick is to clear a room, then wait for the group to reheal.

I haven't had any issues with AI just running around, although sometimes they do attack the enemies from the back instead of those in front.

It says that some classes get bonuses, and I noticed the Uruk didn't get anything, Maybe he should get a damage boost or something.

Using the power section, which do you find most useful?

I picked the veteran for extra health and it gave me 665, I then tried the extra health for each enemy defeated and had no idea which was better.

I picked the Men of the south/West and the switch weapon doesn't work, they switch to their Bow but then run up to the enemy to attack, its like they have no range.

Apart from that I think you have done a fantastic job, its fun and the AI tend to works pretty well, I cant say I've got that far into it. The 3 trolls on the second floor is tough though.

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #12 am: 28. Apr 2016, 17:19 »
I got some questions about the Merchant on this map.  It seems that the first person to go near him gets to buy the upgrades from him.  Do these upgrades affect all the players, or just the one who buys it?  And if it does affect everyone, if you leave the floor and come back, and another person buys the same upgrades, do those also apply on top of the ones you already have? 

FedeH

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #13 am: 28. Mai 2016, 07:13 »
i played it tonight with my friends, awesome map! we died on the second floor unfortunately, and couldn't figure out how to switch the command on the merchant, we somehow managed to do it once and a friend of mine was able to buy all the upgrades, i recovered the control on the merchant again on a misterious way and wasn't able to change it again, does anybody knows how to do it?

also, it'll be awesome to have some sort of revive for your fallen comrades, it's a shame that if one dies he can't keep playing (i suspect one of the powers is for resurrecting, but we died before being able to obtain 10 points to use it)