15. Mai 2024, 22:26 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Idea for the Misty Mountians Faction's SpellBook  (Gelesen 2092 mal)

Wartank55

• Hobbit
Idea for the Misty Mountians Faction's SpellBook
« am: 12. Apr 2016, 00:50 »
Hello everyone I am somewhat new here, I love Edain and I had some spell book power Ideas for the Goblins/MM Faction.

1) (Call Of Dol Guldur)this power summon's 2 Dol Guldur Orcs, Spearmen, Archers , And 1 Group of Castellans.
2) (Warg Rush) this Power has some warg's rush a enemy hero.

I would like to here what you guys think about my suggestions.(I know its not a lot)
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Apr 2016, 00:55 von Wartank55 »

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
Re: Idea for the Misty Mountians Faction's SpellBook
« Antwort #1 am: 18. Apr 2016, 03:28 »
I think it would be a good idea to reflect, in the weather spell (because, let's face it, every faction has had some kind of weather spell for tier 3 and I don't think the Misty Mountains will be left out), that the orcs, goblins and trolls of the Misty Mountains faction are not the same kind as those of Mordor and/or Isengard.

Here is the lore-reason: Saruman bred the Uruk-hai to be faster and stronger orcs that could endure the daylight (regular orcs were weakened by it, which is why Sauron sent the Dawnless Day ahead of his armies before the Siege of Minas Tirith). As we know from The Hobbit (the book, at least), trolls turn to stone in daylight, which is why Sauron bred the Olog-hai to be smarter and stronger trolls that could endure the daylight.

Now obviously it would be difficult to have all the Misty Mountains trolls turn to stone once they're trained and only be available under MM's tier 3 weather spell (to say nothing of unbalanced), so here is my proposed solution.

Misty Mountains' Tier 3 weather spell will be something that affects the weather, maybe a swarm of bats will cover the sun or something, and it makes the goblin and troll units move faster. I think something of this sort was mentioned on another thread, but I can't recall where.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Idea for the Misty Mountians Faction's SpellBook
« Antwort #2 am: 18. Apr 2016, 13:36 »
Misty Mountains' Tier 3 weather spell will be something that affects the weather, maybe a swarm of bats will cover the sun or something, and it makes the goblin and troll units move faster. I think something of this sort was mentioned on another thread, but I can't recall where.

Yes, a suggestion for a weather spell for the Misty Mountains has already been proposed, and, as it seems, it received the approval of the Edain Team. The spell will exactly consist of the clouds of bats that darkened the sky during the Battle of the Five Armies, in order to allow the Goblins to face daylight.

I think the exact main aim is giving each faction a proper and unique weather spell, fashioned on each faction's characteristics and nature.