28. Mär 2024, 20:50 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: new abilitys for Boromir  (Gelesen 3566 mal)

Tirano

• Thain des Auenlandes
new abilitys for Boromir
« am: 15. Apr 2016, 05:28 »
I propose a change of abilitys for Boromir to give him a stronger touch of particularity, since this hero has 3 objects for left hand (shield-horn-flag) at first I thought to give him a system of postures like Thranduil but as this is already in use, I think it's better the following:

1 skill Lvl 1: Last stand (before lvl 2 Boromir only holds a sword and can attack only one target, after going to lvl 2 Boromir automatically pulls his shield)

2nd skill, Lvl 2: new ability "change weapons" (Boromir can change the shield by the horn),The shield gives him extra armor and the horn allows him to attack multiple targets (When changing weapon also changes the 3rd ability).

3rd skill, horn, lvl 3: Horn of Gondor
3rd skill, shield, Lvl 5: Brave resistance

4th skill, lvl 6: Heir of Gondor (change of permanent armor) this skill now changes instead of being passive is active, regardless of the weapon used by Boromir at the moment, this is replaced by a flag which gives 60% armor to nearby friendly units for 2 min and Boromir can attack multiple targets while retaining its extra armor (that supposedly give him the shield), this ability retains the passive of the two previous weapons (when this ability ending Boromir take again the weapon of the previous time that use the ability).

5th skill, lvl 10: Veterans

this also can bring interesting new abilitys for ring boromir

I make my best with the english

Sawman

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Re: new abilitys for Boromir
« Antwort #1 am: 16. Apr 2016, 13:22 »
Hey there, I too agree that Borimir could use some new abilities or he could be looked at because at the moment I don't really think he's worth his price.

Now I suggest that his first ability final stand should be an affect of just having Borimir I have no idea if it's possible but it would free up an ability spot and to be honest his final stand isn't to great he never does anything when he's in it because the enemy either runs away and it's just the fact that he does no damage in general, yes I understand he is a tank but he is talked to a mighty man that does hobbit damage :p now maybe when he's in final stand he can gain a damage boost or something along those lines so it doesn't feel wasted.

But if you were to free up an ability spot I think you should move the horn to level 1 and for his level 3 the ability can be called Father's Favor nearby troops earn experience twice as fast but hero's gain no experience during this 30 second ability

Just a thought thanks

kreso

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
« Antwort #2 am: 16. Apr 2016, 16:07 »
Zitat
Hey there, I too agree that Borimir could use some new abilities or he could be looked at because at the moment I don't really think he's worth his price.
+1
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

SP19XX

• Edain Betatesting
  • Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 6. Okt 2016, 18:34 »
I appreciate it has been a while since this thread was active however when I noticed it I found the idea behind it interesting. While Boromir is by no means a bad hero, I do find that compared to the other heroes that share his role he seems a bit stale in what he has available to him.

So keeping the idea proposed here (him using his horn and shield as the basis) I thought he might be interesting if he worked on a system similar to Dunmarth / Faramir, being able to toggle between two separate forms, and had abilities dependent on them and here's what I came up with. I appreciate it might not be possible to implement these, nor might the suggestions be good ones, but I feel it would make Boromir a bit more versatile and fun to use at the same time.

Please note that Boromir's stats would not change to accommodate these, only his visuals (his free arm) would be majorly effected.

Captain / Defender Toggle
Boromir switches between the Horn of Gondor and his Shield. Passive: If Boromir dies, he will continue to fight for a short time, knocking back enemies.

Level 3: Horn of Gondor (With Horn equipped)
Same as current

Level 3: Guardian (With Shield equipped)
Boromir targets an allied hero, shielding them for 30 seconds. During this time, Boromir cannot be controlled, but will circle around the target, knocking back enemies, and absorbing all damage that would be dealt to them.

Level 5: Son of Gondor
Boromir dons the armour of Gondor, gaining enhanced defence values. Allied infantry units near Boromir gain +25% damage if equipped with his horn, or +25% armour, if equipped with his shield.

Level 7: Silver Call (With Horn equipped)
Boromir sounds the silver trumpets of Gondor, for 30 seconds, Boromir, and all other allied units on the map will gain 25% movement speed when passing allied buildings, or when near to Boromir. Captain / Defender toggle is disabled while active.

Level 7: Brave Resistance (With Shield equipped)
Same as current. Captain / Defender toggle is disabled while active.

Level 10: Veterans of Gondor
Same as current

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 6. Okt 2016, 23:13 »
Well i need to say this when Boromir become part of Fellowship his role as Gondor hero become smaller.Scene with Faramir in LOTR TT EE shows this his remind Boromir before his send to Imladris .But Boromir as we know never come back from his journey to Gondor with Ring.This make me ask . Why Boromir wears his armor at higher levels ? Boromir is not unique hero anymore cause his apperance in Imladris faction as Boromir we knows from Fellowship of the ring . By edain mod we should start playing Gondor as Boromir in his armor like in memory of Faramir .I think we should get Boromir in Fellowship of the Ring in imladris more important role mainly by abilities. If we would start Boromir with his battle armor his abilities would be comletly fine as they are now .. well maybe i would chance that he inspire his people from lvl 1 (small bonus) and by leveling up shows his sucess and get better leadership.I would do this some with his Summon troops . Well from early levels Boromir summons on weak Gondor Soldier battalion and on higher levels he summon 2,3 battalions in heavy armor and on highest this some number battalions but with all upgrades.I just don't see Boromir that get on lvl 10 some super unique power only get improved his early abilities that on lvl 10 Boromir can become threat .

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #5 am: 6. Okt 2016, 23:24 »
I don't agree with having him wearing the Armor since level 1. The clothes he wears when travelling to Imladris (and of course, during the Fellowship's journey) are more iconic and, in my opinion, represent Boromir more than his Battle Armor (Which he gets at level 5, anyways). I'm fine with the way he is now design-wise, he could be improved performance-wise though, because I don't think he is as useful as other Tanks.

Also, I don't think it is possible to make Boromir able to use more abilities in the Fellowship unit, because there is one for each member if I recall correctly, and there are already two ability palantirs for the Fellowship.

It's not a bad idea though, but I think he should have his iconic clothing both in Gondor and in the Fellowship.

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #6 am: 7. Okt 2016, 02:11 »
Zitat
I don't agree with having him wearing the Armor since level 1. The clothes he wears when travelling to Imladris (and of course, during the Fellowship's journey) are more iconic and, in my opinion, represent Boromir more than his Battle Armor (Which he gets at level 5, anyways). I'm fine with the way he is now design-wise, he could be improved performance-wise though, because I don't think he is as useful as other Tanks.

I used as inspiration scene with Faramir from LOTR TT EE

Zitat
Also, I don't think it is possible to make Boromir able to use more abilities in the Fellowship unit, because there is one for each member if I recall correctly, and there are already two ability palantirs for the Fellowship.

I mean abilities with frighten effect like horn of Gondor,Elendil,Gimli Stubbornes

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #7 am: 7. Okt 2016, 06:17 »
I used as inspiration scene with Faramir from LOTR TT EE.

But that scene is exactly meant to be a digression related to his role as a valiant captain of Gondor, which is kind of opposed to his new duty as a member of the Fellowship of the Ring. That is, although he's moved by very well-intentioned purposes in order to protect his realm and act to achieve glory for his people, Boromir is also compelled to consider Frodo's integrity and his mission as the absolute priority (even if this means displeasing Denethor's wishes). The whole Fellowship theme is thus pervasive in the hero's characterisation.

Based on the considerations expressed above, I agree with Julio. The fact that he acquires his armour in the game's progression (symbolising his military status) makes him more differentiated and represents the above-mentioned duality of his characterisation: the loyalty towards the Fellowship and the glory he wishes he could achieve for Gondor. Depriving him of this aspect would be an unjustified loss of valuable conceptual characteristics.

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #8 am: 5. Nov 2016, 13:04 »
I too believe Boromir needs some improvement as he's gone without any change for a long time, while in the meantime new factions have been created with Tank-heroes that establish this category better. Think of Thranduil with his stances, Arcane Shield, and Shield Wall, or Karsh with his life steal and Wight-support abilities. Compared to them Boromir (and other aspects of Gondor) feel left behind, but there are plenty of ways to improve his performance while remaining unique.

This is a feeling I generally have with the Edain Mod: it seems that Gondor is the most neutral faction that creates the degree of uniqueness towards other factions. This is not meant as criticism saying that Gondor is not beautifully designed, but the faction deserves some upgrades to keep up with the overall quality of the mod.

Regarding Boromir, it seems we can draw from two different sources to inspire his abilities: his time as a Captain of Gondor, and his time as part of the Fellowship. It would be interesting to allow him to reflect this difference in more than his aesthetic change at level 5, by including a toggle weapon system such as the Horn of Gondor or his shield next to his sword. The difference would lie on aspects such as a focus on unit support when equipped with his Horn, and a focus on tankiness when equipped with his shield.

EDIT: I have come up with a concept that incorporates the suggestion of a switch weapon ability and have come up with different identities for the Horn or the shield.

« Letzte Änderung: 15. Nov 2016, 16:16 von Garlodur »