16. Apr 2024, 11:36 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Concerning Barricades and Nazgul Upgrades  (Gelesen 9074 mal)

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
Concerning Barricades and Nazgul Upgrades
« am: 18. Apr 2016, 16:42 »
Hello Everyone :)

With 4.3.1, Barricade was replaced with Sauron's Deadliest Servants, which allows the Nazgul to receive their upgrades.  This change was made because there were bugs that occurred when the Nazgul Upgrades were acquired when you used Influence of Sauron on the Citadel.

Now I see the point of why this change was made, however, it completely removed on of Mordor's Spellbook powers for something that they technically already had.  Also, I feel as if Sauron's Deadliest Servants is too good of a Spellbook power to not get early on, because it really helps out the Nazgul. 

So the suggestion is to put Barricade back into the Spellbook, and make the Nazgul upgrades available once Sauron reaches level 5.  I think this is a better way to implement the Nazgul Upgrades because, in my opinion, they are always a priority to get as soon as possible due to how useful they are.  It will also allow the Barricade Spellbook power to still be in the game.  I also think this will not make Nazgul Upgrades too easy to get because it is hard to get Sauron to level 5 very quickly, and you would still need to pay for the Upgrades.

I would love to hear feedback on this idea. :)

Greetings, Hamanathnath

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: Concerning Barricades and Nazgul Upgrades
« Antwort #1 am: 18. Apr 2016, 16:56 »
The bugs were not the only reason. We also felt the Barricade was not necessarily something Mordor should have. It's a powerful defensive structure, which fits very well with Gondor and the Dwarves, but much less with Mordor. For offensive battlefield power, they still have the very good Shelob spell. I actually like that they have one less powerful early thing they can summon onto the battlefield and can make a different strategic choice to upgrade their heroes instead.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #2 am: 18. Apr 2016, 17:03 »
+1 to LoM.
Nazgul do not specifically need their armour, even though it is very useful indeed. I think it could be interesting to split the Ring Hunter and armour upgrades, so that people have some extra incentive to go for the Fellbeasts and make the deadliest servants power harder to choose from in tier 2 with the other powers, but that's just me.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #3 am: 18. Apr 2016, 17:50 »
I'm okay with the barricade being deleted but however the issue that I have is more towards the fact that spell point need to be spent on getting the upgrade in addition to money. Spell points that can be critical in certain situations. So I was thinking that that either we follow Hamanathnath suggestions about the level 5. Or that it could be made into an active power which can be used to upgrade the Nazgul kind of like Power of Past Ages. This I believe would be more of an incentive for people to get it and provide more utility. My second idea would be that it provide somewhat of a boost to some aspect of the outposts such as defense or recruitement speed. Or maybe drop it to 2pp both to balance and to regain some spellbook symmetry.
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Apr 2016, 17:57 von The_Necromancer0 »
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #4 am: 18. Apr 2016, 19:10 »
The bugs were not the only reason. We also felt the Barricade was not necessarily something Mordor should have. It's a powerful defensive structure, which fits very well with Gondor and the Dwarves, but much less with Mordor. For offensive battlefield power, they still have the very good Shelob spell. I actually like that they have one less powerful early thing they can summon onto the battlefield and can make a different strategic choice to upgrade their heroes instead.
Well it helps to know that the choice was not just to fix bugs.  The problem I have is though, is that Barricade was completely removed for something Mordor already had.  And also, now Influence of Sauron can't be used on the Citadel, which in my opinion, is kinda a waste because something useful could be put there.

I'm not saying that Barricade is the only thing that could come back.  I would just like to see something that could replace either the Citadel spot for Influence of Sauron, or the Spellbook spot Barricade left.  And I came up with an Idea that, at least in my opinion, solves that.  Because removing Barricade and replacing it with something Mordor already could do was a direct nerf to Mordor that isn't compensated at all.

Golem

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 18. Apr 2016, 20:02 »
I'd suggest that the arrow volley would be replaced with barricade. Arrow Volley as it is now is one of the most useless powers in the game and if it would be switch for the barricade I feel like it'd then encourage people to go up the right side of the spell book as well

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #6 am: 18. Apr 2016, 22:16 »
Wut? Mordor has arguably the best arrow volley in the game, and it grealy weakens enemy blobs. I find this a very useful power if the enemy goes extensive on the spam.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: 18. Apr 2016, 22:16 »
Wut? Mordor has arguably the best arrow volley in the game, and it grealy weakens enemy blobs. I find this a very useful power if the enemy goes extensive on the spam.
+1

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #8 am: 19. Apr 2016, 13:38 »
I agree with this.  It is very good early on against all the factions, especially Mordor and Angmar.  It's the best Arrow Volley in the game in my opinion, because it does more damage if you can land all the Volleys. 

Back on topic, the point of this suggestion is to fill in the empty spot left on the citadelwhen the Nazgul Upgrades went the Spellbook, or make the Nazgul upgrades available in another way, having another Spellbook slot for another spell (possibly Barricade, but something new is always welcome). 

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #9 am: 1. Mai 2016, 11:44 »

+1
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Mai 2016, 17:44 von Ealendril »
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

d0m0a

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #10 am: 1. Mai 2016, 13:31 »
Completely true. I admit that for Mordor, the only defensive building that can be useful for defend some posts is the barricade, alongside the fact that I can summon it during a battle for annoy the enemy more.

In this mod, the Barricade has turned into the only defensive building that can be useful for defend settlements or outposts.

But if the team decides to not use put it back on the spell-book, maybe give that power to a  hero, like Theodred on Rohan.

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #11 am: 2. Mai 2016, 10:29 »
Zitat von: d0m0a
But if the team decides to not use put it back on the spell-book, maybe give that power to a  hero, like Theodred on Rohan.

And then It won't be uniqueness of Theodred in the mod.

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #12 am: 2. Mai 2016, 11:09 »

You've got like, 3000 heros in-game; I wouldn't be bothered if two shared a similar power like that... But I'd better like the barricade back in the spell book ^^

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #13 am: 2. Mai 2016, 12:18 »

You've got like, 3000 heros in-game; I wouldn't be bothered if two shared a similar power like that... But I'd better like the barricade back in the spell book ^^

What I mean is that Nazgul don't need such a power: they are Unit Interferes and Debuff. I rather see it in the place of Shelob in the spellbook, but she is too important to remove.

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #14 am: 2. Mai 2016, 13:29 »
I think we are all forgetting that the point of this thread was that Barricade was removed with no real replacement.  The Nazgul Upgrades are something Mordor already had.

But what's the difference if Barricade replaces Shelob or Arrow Volley or a Hero Ability?  Then that power is replaced with something Mordor already had, leaving the same problem.

I do somewhat agree with the Edain Team that Barricade isn't the most fitting power for Mordor, but removing it without a true replacement is, as I've said, a direct nerf to Mordor as a whole.