28. Mär 2024, 10:46 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Strategy Guide [UPDATED 5/1/16]  (Gelesen 4964 mal)

Isaac632

• Thain des Auenlandes
Strategy Guide [UPDATED 5/1/16]
« am: 28. Apr 2016, 21:56 »
Greetings, my friends!

I have become so fascinated by the Edain Mod, that I began to take notes as I played. Eventually, it turned into a sort of project that I believe some of you may be interested in. It's sort of a "Strategy Guide" thing that I have been working on, but it hasn't been properly organized into something as coherent as it could potentially be.

I have the attachment of the project below. If any of you who are interested in a collaboration on this project would like to contact me, my E-mail is Isaac632@gmail.com.

Thank you, and have a good day!

-Festus, the Red Wizard
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Mai 2016, 20:29 von Isaac632 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Strategy Guide
« Antwort #1 am: 28. Apr 2016, 22:17 »
Hi Isaac, welcome on MU, the true Edain Realm  ;)

As you may notice from the other threads, this is a far more open and topical place than ModDB, regarding Edain-related content/matters (having this forum been exactly created by some of the Edain Team's members, where everything basically had its origin).

Said that, I think you could also just freely post your entire work here, so that it would make this topic far more active and lively. If it's not finished yet, it doesn't matter at all; you will see that there are many projects that are not complete too, but they are constantly being developed. Actually, I would say that it's a very useful thing if you can get direct feedback from the Community and show openly the progression of this project (improving it or not with other people's advices and opinions).

Nevertheless, these are just thoughts of mine. You will certainly see that the MU's mechanics help a lot in progressively developing one's own topic/thread, coming up in time with a more and more structured outcome  :)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #2 am: 28. Apr 2016, 22:38 »
I share Walk's opinion. It would be better to expose it to the people and perhaps you can pick comments and add them to the list on the fly, if they are deemed useful.

Greetings!
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #3 am: 28. Apr 2016, 23:58 »
Hello and Welcome,
Your project is highly interesting to me. Incase you don't know I've started a Wiki project for the Edain Mod with the goal to list and explain every unit/hero/building/spellbook and more of the mod. So far we've managed to do quite well for everything that is plucking info out of the mod and sticking it onto a page. However we lack the knowledge to aid people in properly using the faction of the mod and have been struggling to find strategists to help us fill in the gaps. Here is my proposal, an agreement which I think would benefit us both.

So what is that proposal? Simple, I'd like you to use the Wiki as the official place to host the guide. You can also if you wish use the forums over there although I think I'd be more useful to stay here due to the current community present here. Now, you don't lose any power over it, you will still be credited as the creator and , if you wish, you can take it down anytime. I believe this will bring several solution to current and upcoming obstacles.

You say the project lacks organisation? Not only can the wiki provide you with all the organization you need for the guide, clearly separating the actual guide and the conversation but the database we have amassed allows you to link any part of the mod you talk about to a full page containing detailed, factual explanation on the matter. Not only that but with the power of the wikia developers most needs can easily be satisfied with a simple plugin. In addition to that you gain the ability to spread your guide to another realm which already attracts a good number of visitors, especially newcomers to the mod.

Now, you may be asking what do I get out of this? That's a great question. First of all and most important the wiki gains a great strategy guide which will allow it to communicate more information more effectively. Secondly, the wiki gains additional visitors, increasing the chances of edits happening, especially if they are veterans of the mod who have come to edit the guide. Not only does that help the wiki from a wiki-mod relation but it also helps the placement of the wiki, generating more traffics, gaining for info and being edited more pushing it up and possibly opening up new possibilities. And Finally I gain the pride of seeing such a beautiful thing as this guide on the wiki I started, as a proof that with the right dedication and time, anything can happen.

I await your answer with eagerness, but take your time to decide  :)

Sincerely,
The Necromancer

P.S: Couple useful links if you want to have a look at stuff before you decide:
English Edain Wiki
German Edain Wiki
Edain Wiki Discussion Thread
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Isaac632

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #4 am: 29. Apr 2016, 01:00 »
Praise be to Lord Sauron!

The Necromancer, The Lord of Darkness, The Lord of the Rings, The Great and Powerful!

To you, I cannot be more thankful, and thus, my journey to spread the knowledge I've gained on my journeys shall be sent forth to the Wikia of the Edain Mod.

All I ask is to stay in touch with you on this collaborative project, to know what must be done next, and how.

Praise be to you in all of your days--though past your days of dark glory, may your spirit find rest and be peaceful forevermore!

-Festus, the Red Wizard
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Apr 2016, 01:05 von Isaac632 »

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #5 am: 29. Apr 2016, 10:01 »
Since you seemed to have liked the idea I have gone ahead and ahead and taken a portion of the guide and formatted it to fit the wiki. You can have a look here and tell me what you think.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 29. Apr 2016, 17:46 »
It seems that the Necromancer had a great idea in involving the Edain Mod WIKIA in this project; it really fits very well in that context.

Many thanks to him, thus, and to Isaac, whose guide really consists of very thoughtful reasons. Don't forget that you can still post here if you wish, in case you had some questions or something you want us to know  ;)

Isaac632

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #7 am: 29. Apr 2016, 20:03 »
My friends, my knowledge is safe and secure--but it is constantly being updated. In what manner may I send to Lord Sauron the updated editions? I don't suppose there's a mailbox a the Black Gate, or a computer with an E-mail address, is there?

-Festus, the Red Wizard

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #8 am: 29. Apr 2016, 20:07 »
I guess a PM (Personal Message) could do just fine.
By the way, our Necromancer is still hiding in Dol Guldur, waiting for someone that will banish him (the Black Gate is thus still afar)  xD

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #9 am: 29. Apr 2016, 20:11 »
I'm afraid we're a bit short on mailboxes at the second  :D, great deals on Ring of powers if you want, though. However if you wish to update any part of the guide you can use the edit button on the page I linked in a previous post. There you will be able to edit any part of the guide and if you have trouble you can message me on the wiki here and I'll help at the best of my ability. Almost done with posting the first draft you attached.

I guess a PM (Personal Message) could do just fine.
By the way, our Necromancer is still hiding in Dol Guldur, waiting for someone that will banish him (the Black Gate is thus still afar)  xD
That old dusty fortress? no, definitely not there...  :P I'm sure there is no need to send the white council cause I'm definitely not hiding anything there. 8-|

EDIT: Done, it's a bit rough on the edges though because of the HUGE size of the document, even bigger than the faction pages. Anybody is welcome to go have a look and link/fix any mistakes they see  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Apr 2016, 22:41 von The_Necromancer0 »