28. Mär 2024, 17:41 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: How do you use your men of Dale/Lake-town?  (Gelesen 3337 mal)

ThePrussianMink

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Isildur's fabulous hair
How do you use your men of Dale/Lake-town?
« am: 30. Apr 2016, 01:41 »
I'm trying to figure out what role the men of Dale/Lake-town really plays for the dwarven faction. How do you use them? For Erebor I figure it makes sense having access to a faster force than your main army, but they don't fill this purpose for Ered Luin.
I don't know a lot about their stats either, but I've always assumed that their swordsmen aren't as good as Guardians. I often build their archers, but again, I don't know if they're really any better than the dwarven ranged units. I hope someone can enlighten me. :-)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Re: How do you use your men of Dale/Lake-town?
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Mai 2016, 11:53 »
Well, me personally, I only use the elite archers for Erebor. I do think the others have their uses though, remember there are twice as many units in a battalion of men of dale/lake-town that there are in a standard dwarf battalion.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #2 am: 1. Mai 2016, 14:27 »
I think they serve nicely as fodder or some kind of meatshield to hold up the line and allow the Dwarves to do the real damage. However, you can make them combat effective via their leader's buffs (Bard and Brand). Also, in some cases I use upgraded Men of Dale Swordsmen with their formation to harass because they can serve as a soft alternative to light cavalry, although that is rarely needed when I actually field them. The Black Arrows can be quite useful as well.

Usuallly the Marketplace or Laketown is just a nice, cheaper, resource-generating outpost alternative, that self-repairs too and denies the outpost to your opponent.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #3 am: 5. Mai 2016, 18:04 »
I personally find Laketown warriors very usefull vs any kind of enemie due to their passive effects that slows enemie units while your guardinas hunt them with their speed boost. in case of erebor Dale Pikemen are more reliable than Dwarven Phalanxes specially vs rohan ( who spam tons of caval) And Dale swordsmen are good counterspam specially once you have acces to cheap upgrades and wagons with banners theyu will be very powerfull.